• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Centerconsole options for CD-unit? And doesn't SOS sell these anymore??

i doubt most people need an identical OEM one (meaning: with stock stereo opening, stock ac opening, and ash tray opening) as then they can use their STOCK ones...
I agree unless Downforce can make a cheaper than OEM alternative for people who have broken theirs.

a) looks like OEM: (ash tray, and ac temp) but deletes the stock stereo for a one "din" stereo face cutout. but also design to simply cut larger for those seeker an in-dash double "din" feature.

I'd want one of these. I want a drop in place replacement so I can just put in a single din headunit without cutting.

2 - only with AC temp
Someone already sells these.

Otto

Last edited:
I agree unless Downforce can make a cheaper than OEM alternative for people who have broken theirs.

I'd want one of these. I want a drop in place replacement so I can just put in a single din headunit without cutting.

Someone already sells these.

Otto

And I agree with this whole post.

Guys,

since Ben is up to make 2 versions...i think it would be fair that the 2 versions were:

1 - EXACTLY like OEM but in CF or kevlar or FRP
2 - only with AC temp

why i say this???

because who would want the OEM but in CF could get it choosing #1

who wanted nothing, single din, double din, no ashtray, whatever could get it choosing #2 and make a custom cut out at his own wishes..

one OEM and one fully custumizable ... i think it's fair

i would go for a EXACTLY oem like one... i do not intend to install other Head-unit, nor delete the ashtray....EXACTLY oem

what you guys say about this??? and you Ben???

I personally feel that ash tray should be an option, not because I ever smoke in the nsx anyways be because I think it look more factory and cleaner too

At least one of them has to be OEM looking and functional but with CD headunit cut so those of us who just want to have OEM look but get rid of the cassette player, have a option. I think it would be the biggest success.

I'm itching now, any more news?

At least one of them has to be OEM looking and functional but with CD headunit cut so those of us who just want to have OEM look but get rid of the cassette player, have a option. I think it would be the biggest success.

I'm itching now, any more news?

Hi

I agree. I want a OEM console with ashtray and AC.

I will probably go for a double din in mine.

Regards

As i said earlier,

Make one like 100% OEM (And matching door panels for the window controls) and I'll be the first in line to buy!:cool:

Like this, but for LHD preferably:
robson77a-img400x600-1169290256nsx5pcs.jpg

Hi

I agree. I want a OEM console with ashtray and AC.

I will probably go for a double din in mine.

Regards

exactly what I am doing, think I am gonna have to mess with my stock one to get my avic d3 in when i get it in a few more weeks:wink:

As i said earlier,

Make one like 100% OEM (And matching door panels for the window controls) and I'll be the first in line to buy!

Like this, but for LHD preferably:

w/ a kevlar option for me lol :wink:

OEM, but remove the stock cutout and replace it with a double din cutout.

My suggestion is that make one with double din cutout. and provide something for single din + storage bin (if needed a cf door cover) ... Most 90's Honda and other Japanese cars have a little cutout for storage, (cell phones, cards, wallet, lover's letter :)) ..etc)

that will save DF a mold. But then also let the single din person happy. With or without gauges...

a bump for this post. i thought this is a great start...i would love to see something like this as well... another thing he could do is set it up kinda like my prelude....it has a double din cubby hole and you get the stereo adapter from your local stereo shop.

i'll find some pics to post so you can see what im talking about lol....otherwise i would love one in carbon fiber with a single din cutout.

bill

prelude_center_console.jpg

here we go i found a pic of what im talking about. im too lazy to take one of my prelude :) as you can see, its a double din cut-out and you get the stereo addon from your stereo shop....an adapter for a double-din would be way easier to fabricate. i think this would be a nice solution to both... you could even delete the ashtray because you now have a cubby-hole.... i think this would look pretty clean in my opinion and a good solution to both sides of the fence....now just make it in carbon fiber and a paintable material for the rest he he :)

thanks again..

bill

Last edited:
No that's what I'm talkin' about! Make the "daily driver" NSX have a few of the creature comforts it lacks!

Re: Dali Consoles

Would you please better explain the problems with the Dali console's. I was planning on purchasing one from them.

thanks

There's not really anything wrong with the console per se... it is just not great quality.

I ordered one from them about a month ago, it looks used, and it's scratched. From what I understand, the fitment is ok at best, and it is also NOT a complete CF piece. The CF is layed inside of an epoxy mould, so the CF doesn't actually cover the whole console (i.e. - the CF does not go to the edges). It is a good cheap piece to replace a console, but not if you're looking for quality and looks... :rolleyes:

Back