• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chinese style robe/dress ???

I have no idea what this is called.... or what to google for. But my 6yo daughter loved this and I thought I'd see if I could find something similar in her size.... I looked at kimono type robes but all I was finding was loud obnoxious patterns in polyester. I could also be completely delusional and am looking at something that costs a small fortune too.

Any ideas?

Wendy-Wu-d03.jpg
6547_wu03.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very expensive.

You could call ahead to a local fabric shop and explain what you're trying to do for your little girl. Ask for the manager. Tell her you are on a budget and ask what she can do to help. She probably has a seamstress on staff who could use some extra pocket money from side work. I'm sure there are patterns available for this type of thing. Let your little girl pick hers out. I would imagine that the end result would be them selling you scraps of material for very little money.

I've learned that if I ask for something from good people, and with good reason to ask, that people will go above and beyond to make it happen. In college, I had an idea for my then GF which required a ton of rose petals. Called around to local florists and explained what I had in mind. They were basically lining up to give me bags of fresh roses.

Last edited:
I'm sure if you go to a "Chinatown" in your local city you could find something similar.

I went to a silk factory in China and saw the steps of how they take the silk bug and make things like this. Very cool. Very expensive but would have been more in the states. I ended up buying a round panda bear instead.

I'm sure if you go to a "Chinatown" in your local city you could find something similar.

I went to a silk factory in China and saw the steps of how they take the silk bug and make things like this. Very cool. Very expensive but would have been more in the states. I ended up buying a round panda bear instead.

doesn't sound like u know how to bargain in China.

a Chinese bargain usually starts with a belly laugh and the after a nanosecond of awkward silence you tell them you can have it made in the USA cheaper even after dealing worth the union and other peoplesource overheads....

Back