• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chrome wrap nsx

Chrome-NSX.jpg

That blue one gives me the pee shivers.

To me they look like giant Hot Wheels--not a complement, by the way.

chrome impreza.jpg

But I would still smile if I saw one at a show.

Now the flat red chrome Lambo...well...that looks just fine to me.

Last edited:
I had my old school Vette wrapped in Blue Chrome and it is simply stunning. Pictures do not do a blue chrome wrapped vehicle justice. You must see in person.
In direct sunlight or false light the have a darker appearance , but in sunset or overcast they have a lighter look kind of like a Ice Blue.
I was just about to wrap my Maserati in red chrome till I got the NSX bug again( hence me popping up on this forum again).

This shot the sun had just went over horizon minutes earlier

Mid day

Garage light at night

Last edited:
Nice Greg!!!

I have to admit, that would look pretty sick on an NSX with black top...would be cool to see a stock form NSX(non rocket bunny)in that color....

Another thing I really love about my wrap is how easy it is to maintain and wash. no waxing, etc...but I have pearl white, which makes it even easier...how was maintaining the chrome wrap???

Last edited:
Nice Greg!!!

I have to admit, that would look pretty sick on an NSX with black top...would be cool to see a stock form NSX(non rocket bunny)in that color....

Another thing I really love about my wrap is how easy it is to maintain and wash. no waxing, etc...but I have pearl white, which makes it even easier...how was maintaining the chrome wrap???

]

The chrome you do wax. I run mine though the auto washes, I treat it like a normal painted car :)
Holding up great.

I just threw up a little.

Why would anyone take a lovely Maserati and rice it up with a wrap and simultaneously reduce it's value?
Spending money to lose money, all for appearance.
Tells you what the owner's value's are, no?

Last edited:
Why would anyone take a lovely Maserati and rice it up with a wrap and simultaneously reduce it's value?
Spending money to lose money, all for appearance.
Tells you what the owner's value's are, no?

why would it reduce it's value? A properly done wrap can be taken off with no issues to the paint.

Perhaps I don't have the right view but I see a Maserati as a classic Italian marque so there's no need to wrap it or otherwise detract from from the factory design.
So if I was a buyer and I had a choice of a wrapped or unwrapped version of the car I'd pick the unwrapped one.

Why?

With the unwrapped one I can see everything that's right (or not) with the car.
If it's in excellent condition, I know the owner respects the marque and the car, and has looked after it appropriately

With a wrapped one I'm wondering what's under the wrap?
And wondering if the owner is more concerned with appearance than the car itself.
What about maintenance and other things that may have been modified?
I'd be discounting the wrapped one by at least the cost of wrap removal/detail plus some additional due to uncertainty.

Would you pay a premium for a wrapped Maserati or would you discount it?

And if you owned the (not-very-classic) Mazer in the pic, you would probably unwrap it before attempting to sell it for all those reasons.

I was throwing up to the Maserati. I have never been a fan of the styling on these cars. But coupled with the blue condom that was wrapped around it made it 50 times worse. As I have stated in previous posts on car wraps, your basically window tinting a car. I may do this though to my own car. Just not into the electric "night at the Roxbury blue"

- - - Updated - - -

For youngsters here who may be confused on the term.View attachment 123306

Yeah, don't mind Jinks. Obviously his mother took away all his color/chrome hot wheels when he was little and he's just misdirecting the resulting deep emotional issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure which is worse, the blue wrap on the 'vette or the long sleeved pull-over under the prom dress (cold day?). Fortunately both are pretty hot under the fashion flubs.

(Actually the 'vette looks great. I just couldn't resist posting the wisecrack.)

I had my old school Vette wrapped in Blue Chrome and it is simply stunning. Pictures do not do a blue chrome wrapped vehicle justice. You must see in person.
In direct sunlight or false light the have a darker appearance , but in sunset or overcast they have a lighter look kind of like a Ice Blue.
I was just about to wrap my Maserati in red chrome till I got the NSX bug again( hence me popping up on this forum again).

This shot the sun had just went over horizon minutes earlier

Mid day

Garage light at night

Oh Hi Greg :biggrin: It's Jhae. lol. I saw the Chrome Vette in this thread and said to myself "Hey, Greg out here has that same gen corvette wrapped the same color and----" Saw the name, scrolled down to another photo, saw the Maserati.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't mind Jinks. Obviously his mother took away all his color/chrome hot wheels when he was little and he's just misdirecting the resulting deep emotional issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure which is worse, the blue wrap on the 'vette or the long sleeved pull-over under the prom dress (cold day?). Fortunately both are pretty hot under the fashion flubs.

(Actually the 'vette looks great. I just couldn't resist posting the wisecrack.)
Your right and your wrong. I did have my hot wheels cars and my real world cars taken away. But it was from my father.:biggrin: Who also was a hot rod custom paint and body man.

For the record it was not my car .... I was there picking up my GT and saw it on the lift and grabbed some shots of it

A big improvement over the Astin Martin chrome wrap. But dang, that's a whole lot of bling. Maybe not my thing, but to each his own.

Saw it on Instagram. Not a fan, the car itself already was a little weird even before the wrap
Proof that there is no body kit that suits our cars other than Oem. Maybe this was a dura flex promotion vehicle?

Back