• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Climate Control repair.

My climate control went bad and I took my car into the dealership to get a quote. They wanted to replace the board, the motor, and the LCD display. They thought that all three went bad. The quote was $2500 plus labor for the install. They did not have the book that estimates time so they were going to install everything and see how much time it would take. Ouch. Luckily NSXPrime exists and I saw the posts about BrianK. I ordered a replacement board for $250 ( I could have sent him mine and saved some money but the car was at the shop and I wanted instant gratification) and received it today. I had an issue trying to get my aftermarket stereo out but once I found a way to work around that the whole process of taking out the Climate Control board and putting the new one in took about 10 minutes. The board worked like a champ and I finally have A/C again! Thanks BrianK. Your service is awesome.

I had my dash apart awhile back and noticed briank's card taped to the CC unit. No wonder I've never had CC probs. He's already been in there.:wink:

I overnighted my CCU board to Brian on Monday, he had it fixed and back in the mail in time for me to receive this Saturday. Everything is now in perfect working order. THANK YOU BRIAN!

Briank did mine a couple of years ago. He also did my speakers/floor amp after another shop screwed them up. My climate control unit still has the card taped to it. I left it on there for posterity.

Just think, some day far, far in the future all surviving NSXs will have Briank's card attached to the climate control unit. :smile:

Last edited:
Hey BrianK

I'm guessing my climate control will quit on me sooner or later. It works just fine now but should I wait till it fails or can you do a preventitive fix before it accually goes bad? By the way the fix on my amps you did is awesome.

You should be getting a call from Frank from B.C., Canada.
I told him how to take out his head unit on our NsxWestFest.
Just blows on HI!
Trev

thanks briank, the job you did on mine is awesome, and yes I left your card on it for future reference.

Brian did mine as well. Super FAST turnaround time, HIGHEST QUALITY work. Always answers e-mail. Promptly and securely shipped back! He's the best.

I am having a similar problem, The ccu only blows on high, I have replaced the power transistor to no evail. My NSX mechanic felt this was the problem but it is not. Were should I go from here?

I am having a similar problem, The ccu only blows on high, I have replaced the power transistor to no evail. My NSX mechanic felt this was the problem but it is not. Were should I go from here?

Send it to Briank

Sometimes that isn't an option to send in your unit.
Perhaps Brian has a over the phone pay me later plan for the electronic talented amongst us that can do the job themselves but just need guidance of the Guru! Brain seemed to be an understanding young man, I think he'll do, kind of guy!
Trev

Yes you will need to send your unit to me for repair. PM or email me for details. I also have a exchange ccu board deal if you don't want your CCU to be away for a week or so. You also need to ask your mechanic for the
$200+ back that he wasted changing the power transistor. The service manual outlines tests to determin if the tranistor is bad befor changing it.

Last edited:
Sometimes that isn't an option to send in your unit.
Perhaps Brian has a over the phone pay me later plan for the electronic talented amongst us that can do the job themselves but just need guidance of the Guru! Brain seemed to be an understanding young man, I think he'll do, kind of guy!
Trev

"Understanding young man" LOL Thanks Trev you made my day. Occasionally I do help people out who are trying to do there own CCU repair. Not many NSX owners are hands on people and even the ones who are see the value in just getting it done.

I almost want mine to go bad so I can send it to you to fix.......:biggrin::biggrin:

Back