• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coil packs & plugs on eBay. This is a great deal!!!

30 miles from The Dragon. On the TN side of cours
I was searching ebay and came across this item. Is it me, or is this a great deal?? Hell, the plugs alone are $90!!!

Does anyone know if the 95+ coils will fit the older cars?? EDIT: I realize now they won't. sniff, sniff

This is from an Acura dealership in Washington State.

Great deal for 95+ cars!!!!!

Coils.jpg

Last edited:
and the third prong is just some sort of signal for another part the obd2 cars have.

has anyone actually TRIED the newer coils just using the +\- and ignoring the third output wire?

This has been discussed. No one seems to offer killer deals on 91/94's.:frown: But I'm still waiting.

There are a few different options I saw on Ebay at a significant savings. However, I have not heard of anyone using non OEM packs. I think after 20 years, changing them all would not hurt anything but your wallet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to say, but you will never find a deal for the 91-94 coils. This "kit" is special since it is an emissions warranty item for 1995+, that is why the cost is lower. It IS a great deal.

The 1991-94 coils have a different connector, which will not allow these to work unless you installed the 3 pin connectors on the early engine wiring harness, not trivial, since you would need to source the connectors. Honda does not offer the connectors separately, they only sell the entire harness, ouch$$.

Regards,
LarryB

so you're saying the newer plugs WILL work just utilizing the 12v and negative triggers and ignoring the 3rd pin. the only reason no one does is that the plugs are different.

hell if that's the case I'll solder new ends on and use the newer coils. also seems like a good opportunity for a vendor to offer a conversion harness akin to the RDX swap connectors.

so you're saying the newer plugs WILL work just utilizing the 12v and negative triggers and ignoring the 3rd pin. the only reason no one does is that the plugs are different.

hell if that's the case I'll solder new ends on and use the newer coils. also seems like a good opportunity for a vendor to offer a conversion harness akin to the RDX swap connectors.

I think you need to look at this carefully, since there are MANY things that will make this not so trivial. Like: You will need to purchase new coil covers(1995+) Discount for a coil cover set is about $200 + $224 for coils + connectors + work, I would say you are about $500 in. Since you can buy 6 1991 coils for just under $600 discount, I see no reason to even bother.

I ALSO WANT TO MAKE VERY CLEAR I HAVE NOT DONE THIS, SO I CANNOT 100% SAY IT WILL WORK, BUT I THINK IT WILL, AND AGAIN I WILL REITERATE, IT DOES NOT SEEM WORTH IT TO ME.

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
Back