• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Competent NSX Tech in Portland/Vancouver area?

Greetings!

I reside in the Vancouver (WA) community and own a '91 NSX that is currently in winter storage.

In the past, I have worked with Lynnwood Acura (about 180 miles north of me) for repairs and other items. Charles Hart was the service manager and was great to work with, but it appears he has left the dealership.

Does anyone know of an Acura/Honda/independent shop in the Portland area, or within a reasonable distance, who has a qualified NSX technician? I'd like to get her out of storage this spring and get her running great for the summer. Nothing too dramatic at this point, other than the SRI light is on and some cold idle problems. The clutch is good, but really heavy (Comptech) and I am thinking of switching to an SOS which might have a lighter feel. Yes, I have a CT supercharger, but max torque rating at the flywheel is about 340 lbs, so I think a clutch with a lighter pedal would be okay.

Anyway, that's about the depth of my issues. Any suggestions?

Paul Nix at T&C Honda, I take my NSX and used to take my S2k to him. He is familiar with CT NSXs. Let him know I sent ya (Abhi).

Is Morgan Peetz still at Acura of Portland? He's a great NSX tech. I know he moved up to a service manager position, but even so, he would still be available for supervision and direction of any work.

Above all the most important thing is a good Honda technician. Any master Honda technician can do the work on NSX. That is one of the beauties of the NSX.

Back