• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Headers

I missed out on it, too. It's probably for the better.....my money is going to Basch and SOS for short gears, R&P, and clutch as I write this. I'll keep a lookout for the next time you offer up such a great deal on these headers!

Chuck

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

[This message has been edited by Viper Driver (edited 15 January 2003).]

Well, I was given hope that there would be a packaged deal for the combo header and exhaust ...... want to do the job once and not twice .....

any updates on that?

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 16 January 2003).]

I missed out on this offer too. Hope they will have it again.

To the all lucky ones that had their headers installed, could you give us your opinions in regards to its performance and sound?

If you could only afford buying the header system or exhaust, which one would you install first?

Originally posted by PHATNSX:
I missed out on this offer too. Hope they will have it again.

To the all lucky ones that had their headers installed, could you give us your opinions in regards to its performance and sound?

If you could only afford buying the header system or exhaust, which one would you install first?

I would choose the headers becuase the performance gains are more noticable...as far as the headers changing the sound of the car i cannot comment as i changed my exhaust at the same time to a tubi which words cannot describe.....but i love the new set up.

Originally posted by PHATNSX:

Headers - the exhaust is not much more than a more pleasing sound - the headers on the other hand good for ~20HP - do you want to sound better or go faster/quicker?
Actually headers will give you some sound change also, just not so much.

http://www.greencountrymotorsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=647

I like the headers. The power is very noticeable. The dip b/t 1st and 2nd is almost nonexistent. The sound is much different than when I had just the Taitec exhaust. With the headers and exhaust it's deeper. My mechanic said it sounded almost like a V8. I had a chance, recently, to do some "skidpad" and "spin avoidence" practice with a friend driving my NSX and I loved the sound. It's very mean and aggressive.

If I had to do only one. I'd do the. . . exhaust first. Not for performance, just for asthetics. Wifey got tired of me whining about the '91 exhaust tips, so she bought me the best exhaust for the money.

car is 91', completely stock except the comptech header. Sound is a bit deeper before the install, also a has a bit of raspy sound that comes out at higher RPM (~5k+), it's VERY intoxicating. I find myself revving the car at every stop light just to listen to the deeper growl and the high raspy note at the high end. I think few times some rice rocket might have mistaken it and thought I wanted to race them.

At 3-4k, with constant accleration, I feel the sudden push from the car, and it shoots me forward. If you WOT the car, it pushes harder than before at 4k+ rpm.

Overall, great mod,

Based on my readings, for the earlier models (pre 97), definitely the headers and then exhaust as they both add more power and especially torque with the header.

On 97+, even though Honda went with stainless steel units and ported headers, there is still some additional improvement according to Comptech. But it is a mixed bag.

Comptech has posted their Dyno run on a 2000-T and it shows with exhaust alone, you lose some torque in the lower to mid range RPMs and then gain some HP starting from VTEC and especially above 7000 RPM. However, when you add their header, the entire range of the RPM gains horsepower and torque. The intake makes little difference and at best you gain some HP at the high RPM range.

However at an average discount price of $100+/HP before install (using the lowest priced new exhaust and headers for pre 97 on the market - post 97+ is more like $125+/HP), you make the decision .....
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 21 January 2003).]

I just got one of the last two they had. $1,200 + $40 shipping. There should be one left (unless they get some more).

- Don

I got the last one today from Gaylon. He must have had two more left since Spartan2-3 got a set also..... ??? .... but he said they are all sold out now. $1200 plus ship.
What a deal !!!! thanks Nsx Service Girl

Originally posted by cristo555:
I got the last one today from Gaylon. He must have had two more left since Spartan2-3 got a set also..... ??? .... but he said they are all sold out now. $1200 plus ship.
What a deal !!!! thanks Nsx Service Girl

I ordered mine this a.m and Gaylon says he has one left. I had a friend inquire around lunch time and he says they are all sold out.

I guess you got the last one, you lucky @#$
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

NSX Service Girl (Susan) called me this afternoon to let me know that she had one more for me. Apparently she had been holding one for a customer and that customer still has not claimed them. It's the end of the month, so she let me have them. I'm supposed to talk to Gaylon on Monday to work out the payment and shipping. So I guess I got the last set.
smile.gif

Many thanks, NSX Service Girl! $1200 for Comptech headers was truly a great deal. I look forward to your future sales!

-CiaoBoy

Back