• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Condenser motor fan going bad?

The right condenser fan motor was causing the loud noise. Removed the fuse for it and the sound is gone. I guess the motor is on it's way out. Will I hurt anything if I still use the A/C with just the the left condenser fan running until I get a replacement for my right fan motor?

Last edited:
Without the fan you will need to be moving to create maximum cooling in the car. Replace both fan motors at the same time otherwise you'll be back sooner than you think. If you have a local electrial motor repair type near you go and just have the motor brushes replaced insted of buying anew

Thanks for the reply. I will look around to see if getting it rebuilt is an option.

Without the fan you will need to be moving to create maximum cooling in the car. Replace both fan motors at the same time otherwise you'll be back sooner than you think. If you have a local electrial motor repair type near you go and just have the motor brushes replaced insted of buying anew

I just replaced both of mine from acuraoemparts.com

80151-SL0-A01 MOTOR, COOLING FAN 002 1992 NSX list $277.17, discounted $207.88

I went with new rather than rebuilt, as a failing motor after 20+ years is a good goddamn motor.

Hi kitaka, I notice you are local, can you recommend a shop that replaces brushes? My passenger condenser fan out

Back