• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Congratulations to DAL Motorsports!!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by V12NSX
Too many bikinis?

S.L.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NSXLuvr said:
'xplain please, i'ma leetle dumb:)

I think the impression is that the poor finish might have been due to lack of concentration.

Not the case… but not my place to discuss details

I think I can apreciate what it takes to do what DAL is doing and all I can say is "great job".Lots of sacrifice and responsibility with this effort!But you make us all proud and give us speed chanel junkies more excitement for next season.

RacerX-21 said:

Also congratulations to DAL for running 2:11’s at VIR full course in a near stock NSX… That is smoking! To put it in perspective DAL would have qualified in the top 15 in last years World Challenge against 650 HP factory teams.

I never been to VIR, so my comment maybe off base. But looking at the times WC cars ran (qualifying), it would put them in 21st. The race position is hard to know since there are lots of crash, mechanical, or other issue.

And they are running street tires, compare to Grand Am Cup which running hoosier?

Still good job for privateer, especially in their first year. Congrats!

Andrie Hartanto said:
I never been to VIR, so my comment maybe off base. But looking at the times WC cars ran (qualifying), it would put them in 21st. The race position is hard to know since there are lots of crash, mechanical, or other issue.

And they are running street tires, compare to Grand Am Cup which running hoosier?

Still good job for privateer, especially in their first year. Congrats!

Andrie,

Look at the race times, not qualifying times. The comparison is purely hypothetical, and chosen to help put their speed into perspective for people who haven’t either been or timed themselves at VIR. (Another comparison would be local track prepped NSX’s all running in the 2:20’s)
Frankly- their times were so good that when I saw them, I assumed they must not have run the full course. Gary, Don, Wei-Shen… what are your times at VIR?

WC
-Soaked “street tires” (One of the reasons they switched to R compound, it was too hard to control)
-600 plus HP (DAL ~280)
-Sequential transmissions (DAL 5-speed with a poorly designed dif)
-Non compliant everything with 6 degrees of negative Camber (Cup is limited to –3)
-Trans am style sway bars (Cup must retain stock mounting location)
-Front strut support (Cup roll cage must stop at the firewall)
-Weight (Cup car is stock weight)
-Breaks (Cup is stock calipers and stock rotor size)
-Big wings, splitters and down force (Cup- stock)

270 FWHP

Just out of curiosity, how much HP are you guys running?

Naturally aspirated 3L engine.

RacerX-21 said:
-Weight (Cup car is stock weight)
Per the rules at:

http://www.grandamerican.com/competition/2004_gacup_rules/04 GA CUP 10-13.pdf

Car Final Dr Fuel Cap GAC Wt Options
Acura NSX (3.0) 1991-1997 4.06:1 20.0 2730 Tire size: 225/45/17 front, 275/40/17 rear. Comptech #13-1110 toe link permitted. Comptech #13-1120 bushing permitted

The weight with driver is allowed to be 2730 pounds. They may or may not be that low depending on the level of development.

This is like trying to compare apples to oranges, especially with the street tires in WC last year.

Bob

Back