• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Convertible NSX

Does this mean I'm not allowed at NSxpo 2013 with mine this year? My atrocity as you call it.

Last edited:
I caught a lot of shit when I owned mine. I also remember smoking people at the Tire Rack auto cross event, up until I mis-shifted at the end. Thank God not every NSX owner is an asshole, because some of the guys were kind enough to accept this kid into the group.

The thing looks atrocious with the top up, I'll admit. But man I had a great time with the top down on warm summer nights with my dog Ashly riding shotgun. Best way to meet chicks for sure.

By the way, I would never tell a fellow NSX owner that he has an "atrocity". I've seen NSXs of all breeds, including those on DUBS, riced out, crazy bodies, complete conversions, gutted, and weather beaten. And all were cool dudes, like most all car guys. The only atrocity here is your attitude.

I would consider an auto/convertable a travesty only if it also utilized the TURBINATOR!!!!!:wink:

Didn't Honda have a convertable proto-type back in like 95?

I like the color of the car. I looks like Volcano Red used on the McLarin MP4 12C. But the fitment of the hood and skirts is not good and the interior is hidious. The passenger seat is useless as the subwoofer takes all of the leg room and the recovered seats aren't finished well. And "Dude It's an automatic". There have been much higher quality 02 conversions listed and sold for much less than $40K.

Cars are like clothes...good taste is in the eye of the beholder. Just as some people should never see a Speedo advertisement there are those that shouldn't have a J.C.Whitney subscription.

I like the color of the car. I looks like Volcano Red used on the McLarin MP4 12C. But the fitment of the hood and skirts is not good and the interior is hidious. The passenger seat is useless as the subwoofer takes all of the leg room and the recovered seats aren't finished well. And "Dude It's an automatic". There have been much higher quality 02 conversions listed and sold for much less than $40K.

Cars are like clothes...good taste is in the eye of the beholder. Just as some people should never see a Speedo advertisement there are those that shouldn't have a J.C.Whitney subscription.

+1 this person has it all correct

The eBay photos really demonstrate the poor craftsmanship that went in to the conversion. Sloppy work on so many little things! My guess is this car has been worked on by several different owners.

I caught a lot of shit when I owned mine. I also remember smoking people at the Tire Rack auto cross event, up until I mis-shifted at the end. Thank God not every NSX owner is an asshole, because some of the guys were kind enough to accept this kid into the group.

The thing looks atrocious with the top up, I'll admit. But man I had a great time with the top down on warm summer nights with my dog Ashly riding shotgun. Best way to meet chicks for sure.

By the way, I would never tell a fellow NSX owner that he has an "atrocity". I've seen NSXs of all breeds, including those on DUBS, riced out, crazy bodies, complete conversions, gutted, and weather beaten. And all were cool dudes, like most all car guys. The only atrocity here is your attitude.

I'll stand by my 'opinion' in that this car is an atrocity. The execution of the build is horrible, the fitment of the body work is bad and the roof is chopped off. I mean for 40K, can they not a least fix the missing horn button? :rolleyes:

Edit... Check out that nice dash work around the radio.

vA_640.jpg

Last edited:
Does this mean I'm not allowed at NSxpo 2013 with mine this year? My atrocity as you call it.

QUOTE=Dynamic-uzed-auto;1673584]Does this mean I'm not allowed at NSxpo 2013 with mine this year? My atrocity as you call it.[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for what I witnessed back in the late 90's, there was a guy in Atlanta that had a 97+ Blk/Tan Conv that got more attention and probably more photos of people taking pics by his car than I had ever witnessed. I saw the car parked several times with the top down and people were going crazy over his car. I must admit it was gorgeous, cant tell you anything about how it looked with the top up. I'm sure he didn't buy it or have the conversion done to ride with the top up.
Think about it, most of us don't drive in the winter or on rainy days and we have coupes or T's. I think he had other toys for bad weather days.

So to each its own.

Before we judge a car have a look at it first.

Dynamic, I would love to see your car in person.

Last edited:
My car is the best with the top down, I will however agree I hate it with the top up although I recently had the top redone and it looks decent but not great. I also have lots of toys so 99.9% of the time when it departs from the garage the top is off. my car is quite popular in the NY area mainly for the convertible status. I will definitely be at expo this year so all you guys can check it out for yourselves. I'm hoping the new NSX will have a spider edition like all super cars do.

nsxconvetbumper.jpgnsxconvet1.jpgnsxconvertrearbump.jpgnsxconvertwindshield.jpgnsxconvertdoor.jpg

I had an inspection done on this car and can pass on some information. These photos show some of the body and paint issues. The paint is also bubbling on the tonneau cover. The inspector said that it has 19" wheels up front, which he attributed to damaging both front fenders. He said that they rub and impact on most bumps and in turns. The windshield header is pretty much tore up. I would suspect that the top doesn't seat properly due to its current condition. The inspector did not get it installed. The rigid roof panel on the two piece top is missing its weatherstripping over the side windows, so expect them to leak. The passenger door handle is either broken or disconnected and there are at least a dozen interior trim pieces missing that I can tell. The stereo install is.. well.. poor.

Back