• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crystal cove question

First of all, first time to cali. Awesome place. 2nd I drive through CC today and saw the parking lot, it's right off of of PCH 1 right? Anyway, my flight home is at noon on sunday so i was wondering when the meet is kind of at its prime or when would be a good time to come. i'd have to leave there no later than like 9am. I want to say i heard it started around 6am, but i wasnt sure. Any help here? is it possible to check it out and make my plane?:biggrin:

I went to my first CC last weekend, I arrived at 7:10AM and was about 20 minutes too late for the 'show area' - I was still able to walk around, but I had to park adjacent, it is the shopping center right off of PCH. I was there maybe an hour for pictures, then took off - the event is at its peak when most god loving creatures are asleep, around 7-8AM.

I guess maybe you can go ahead and count me in. was the turn out pretty good? i walked around rodeo drive and snapped pics of cars everytime i turned my head. i saw a girl get out of a black SL55 AMG and go into victoria's secret, i almost passed out:biggrin:

95NSXT said:
I guess maybe you can go ahead and count me in. was the turn out pretty good? i walked around rodeo drive and snapped pics of cars everytime i turned my head. i saw a girl get out of a black SL55 AMG and go into victoria's secret, i almost passed out:biggrin:

The show will knock your socks off so come barefooted. Have you ever seen an F-40 or an F-40 LM? Both are scheduled to appear along with many other great cars.

If your flight home is on Sunday you don't have anything to worry about as the show is on Saturday mornings. 7 - 9am is peak time (the earlier the better) for spectators, 6 - 6:30am gets you in to the show area with your car.

DaveG

ah son of a! damnit! so i missed it? I thought it was sunday mornings.:mad: :mad:. I'm an idiot. I guess this means I'll have to come back to cali sometime, curses!:smile:. I'd go now but wouldn't be there until like 11am so it's probably a lost cause:frown:

3 F40's today!!! I made it in the show area at 6:40 and it was 1/2 full. its good for spectating at 7:30-8:30, by 9 people start rolling out. A good way to hit it is, The domestic show in huntington beach (street rods etc) then head to CC at 7:30. You have to be up early, but its a great way to spend a morning.
MAtt

Back