• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC NSX question

Hello all, I may be picking up a 1995 NSX with CTSC, comtech headers and exhaust. As far as I know these are the only mods on the car. With this kind of mods, what kind of power can I expect to see on a dyno? The car is a 5 speed with 30,000 miles I have not done a PPI yet but will arrange one to be done when I get closer to sealing the deal.

Can someone advise what to look out for especially one with a CTSC installed already. What kind of compression test numbers would shine? Can the stock clutch handle the power with a CTSC? And lastly, is there a knowledgeable NSX tuning shop that anyone here is aware of in the Edmonton, Alberta area I can arrange the car for a PPI? I have not really been tracking the NSX pricing, what is a reasonble amount for a clean car at this condition? Thanks in advance.

Ken

Last edited:
Re: CTSC NSX quaestion

On the stock clutch issue, you have no worries at all. I am running about 395 RWHP on high boost CTSC with my '03. I replaced the previous owner's after market clutch with a stock one before shipping it to Germany. The guys at Brookfield Acura recommended a stock clutch for anything under about 450 RWHP, and it has been just fine for my car thus far! This clutch is not being pushed anywhere near its limits on a stock car and can easily handle moderate FI.

On low boost I would say realistcally around 330-335whp on a mustang dyno. I have that same setup roughly. I am adding some goodies soon to up that number. I haven't dyno'd my car as I have only had it since December. I am going to add an intercooler and go to high boost and do the EMS setup with a HKS F-con.

For the price of the car you should expect to pay anywhere between $34-38,000 is my guess. $34,000 is probably on the low side given all the parts it has but the economy is tough out there too.

I've read many times that the stock clutch is good for ~400 rwhp. So how come so many near-stock NSX's have aftermarket clutches?

My stock clutch was no bueno with the CTSC. But it was probably at the end of it's life anyway.

Went with the CT engineering stage 2.

Clutch works great, and my squat weight went up 5% :biggrin:

I have an aftermarket clutch. It has a heavy feel but bites well. It is the CT engineering PG 1 clutch. I will probably go to the twin disc RPS clutch next. I have driven an NSX with that clutch and it is the best aftermarket you can buy in my book. It handles 700 ft*lbs of torque. Who here has even close to that?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...oducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/billet_twin_carbon/

This is the SOS version of it. It is basically the same one I think.

I've read many times that the stock clutch is good for ~400 rwhp. So how come so many near-stock NSX's have aftermarket clutches?

Several factors:
1. Aftermarket clutches can be priced less
2. Clutch engagement feel need/desire, some clutches grab soft, some grab hard. An aggressive clutch makes a stock nsx feel MUCH more....aggressive
3. Ability to add a lightened flywheel or they come included
4. Cost cost cost, converting from twin disc to single, etc.
5. Availability

And my personal opinion, to make the nsx much more exciting when driven, simply mod the: 1. Exhaust 2. Suspension 3. Clutch

I have a 91 with the same set up + CT airbox.

330-350 HP is a good estimate. If you are missing the airbox, I would get that as the intake works overtime with the CTSC.

How many miles on the stock clutch? The CTSC will work it a lot harder but the OEM clutches are well built and can handle the power. They will wear quicker overall.

Back