• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC status and possibly group-buy

Hi all,

I have been waiting for the new CTSC for a while, and would like to know if anyone have heard anything back from the new CT group yet? Also, if possible, can anyone pull out a group buy since I know there are a lot of people who would be interested after the long wait.

I emailed and got no replies...So i ended up finding a car with one in it. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with it...This Company future seems iffffyyyy or at least its products for NSX

Thats just wrong, they are working hard to get back into production for us.
A few units have shipped to start filling back orders.
A lot of the fittings for cnc and what not where lost in the shuffle and the CT-Eng boys are hard at it.
Rome was not built in a day, maybe a week or so.
Hang on to your shorts.
Trev

Trev, is correct. The partners have had some problem "I'm not getting into it" but they are working on the SC and just put my 3.5L motor together :biggrin:

Perhaps someone is bragging???
Well, my pistons are in and Sos is lubing things up right now.
All In.
Folding?
Trev

Perhaps someone is bragging???
Well, my pistons are in and Sos is lubing things up right now....
Trev

Hell YES :tongue:

My Short block is done and now Shad is timing the lumpy CT cams :smile:

Oh ya, well, um, I'm changing my shifter knob, someday, so there.
Good for 5 hp!
Trev

So what is that 3.5L upgrade hp like? I have thought about upgrading to 3.5L or 3.8L, but don't know how it would compare with the CTSC. I thought CTSC is easier, more hp, and cheaper. Any upside or downside for the rebuild?

Thats just wrong, they are working hard to get back into production for us.
A few units have shipped to start filling back orders.
A lot of the fittings for cnc and what not where lost in the shuffle and the CT-Eng boys are hard at it.
Rome was not built in a day, maybe a week or so.
Hang on to your shorts.
Trev

You may have misunderstood my statement "ifffy", ie Not Knowing the true state.......I am a person that hope their future is bright, since I have several of their products installed and continue to buy them from ebay and other online stores that still have stock . I didn't say that their products were bad or anything, but just stated the fact that I emailed a couple of times and got no response. I am a true believer that if you are going to have a website and email as away of biz, then use it...

"Hang on to your shorts." -- Been 5 weeks...4 emails...Not on support but Status....
I wanted to buy an 02 and then have SC installed.....But I went ahead and just bought a car with one in it...

However, They are not the first or last car parts online company that have not returned an email.

Of course I wish their products were more affordable, but who doesn't ???

So with that being said, I have no personal knowledge of their future due to direct experience or exposure.

2-3 threads have been started in the past 3 months asking about the company.............

90 Percent of my Biz is done online, so maybe thats why I am so hard on the non email response.

Thanks for the Internal Insight...

I have contacted the Autocarparts about the groupbuy earlier this week, and they said they can be able to do it if we have enough ppl. I also know SOS can setup groupbuy for us too.

I have talked with C-T engineering, and they have informed that the first phase has already sent out to the customers; the next phase should be in 4 weeks. I was thinking if we can form one here, we should be able to get one in 2 months. What do you guys think?

I attended an NSX event this weekend. I rode in 3 CTSC'ed cars (new style) ALL weekend long! We must have logged about a 1000 miles this weekend. I rode in a 91 CTSC and drove it, then rode in a 02 CTSC, and lastly a Zanardi CTSC'ed NSX!!!! Wow, do I feel lucky. Please put me on the list....and hopefully the price can be lower enough to further persuade me to screw retirement! :tongue: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Autocarparts.com lists it for (though I don't know if the prices are still valid):

$8415 for 1991-1994
$9265 for the 1995-2005

Hope that a group buy price would be better than that. :biggrin:

Cheapest you will get on a group buy might be 8999.00 for the 91 if you are lucky.
Trev

I really don't know why you people question my Intel A Gents on this board.
My predictions come from Miss Presley and should be close to 100% right.
Trev

Back