• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dan's Simple Build Thread -- Nothing fancy to see here

get the sos front plate folding mount....

Well, I totally screwed up and just made a costly mistake...just wanted to make sure people were also aware so they don't make the same mistake.

I ordered a new knee bolster cover from thensxshop and didn't carefully read the item descriptions:

WhiHLrx.jpg

The title, image, description, and price are all the same -- the only difference is bolded part in the description and the last 2-3 digits in the part number.

fhUjkeA.jpg

Thensxshop is definitely the most affordable place to get this part. I just rushed through and ordered way too quickly, not thinking.

In true dumbass fashion, I didn't read the terms and conditions on the bottom of the page that state all sales are final.

SO all that to say:

READ CAREFULLY and...if anyone is looking for a RHD knee bolster cover, I have a brand new one for sale for $275, I'll pay for shipping.

3fTwCIK.jpg

That's not a blemish on the bottom left by the way -- my dog wanted to know what a $300 dollar mistake smelled like and gave it a sniff. Didn't notice until now, lol.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Maybe I'm missing something... Are you sure it's not for LHD? It sure looks like so. And the screenshot from the shop states "Left Hand Drive"...

Yeah, I clicked on the one that had RIGHT HAND DRIVE in bold instead -- I just wanted to highlight that the LEFT HAND DRIVE page was the correct one.

If you look at my last photo which is what I received, the width of the section where the key goes is wide. On the LHD NSX the width is smaller.

The good news is Marc from TheNSXShop worked with me and Honda of Japan allowed me to return it all so long as I paid shipping. The bad news is that overall, this cost me a lot more than if I would have just bought it from an Acura locally, but that was only due to my mistake of picking the wrong item. The fact that I was able to return it was a rare exception...so I appreciate that Marc worked with me to do that.

It's not all bad news, though. My garnish pads came in yesterday!

m1sdcq9.jpg

EoGU4GY.jpg

The previous ones were barely hanging in there, held together by hopes and dreams.

All the parts also came with the clips included, which is a huge bonus!

Last edited:
Nice little update from the holidays...finally got my coilovers in:

FgKKXwWl.jpg

Thank God my brother has a lift at his house...

8hEvuHkl.jpg

Oops, went a little too low.

rqRUCgLl.jpg

Final height...though I might end up going a little lower once I get some new wheels. :)

SkHE1kP.jpg

Also got a new badge, since my old ones cracked.

WOEhV2Jl.jpg

I remember this car back when I stayed in NoVA. It was nice then, but it's even better with the 02 front end.

Ah, thanks man!

Thankfully the previous owner took really good care of it! There's still a lot more to be done. I've got new wheels coming in soon...they're just getting refinished at the moment.

Looking great. Next big ticket item for me is paint work....

Looking great. Next big ticket item for me is paint work....

Thanks brother. I’m thinking the same thing, eventually. My fenders are all rock chipped; I want to go wider fenders, but fitment is always a thing, even with the higher priced stuff.

wow, the build is coming along quick! so clean

Thank you! I’ve finally got my wheels in too, just need to get them on!

Thanks brother. I’m thinking the same thing, eventually. My fenders are all rock chipped; I want to go wider fenders, but fitment is always a thing, even with the higher priced stuff

Yup. I have wide front tires and slightly damaged fenders. I would love to go df fender but I absolutely cannot stand fiberglass and the fitment is pure garbage. Even oem stuff is hard to fit. It takes lots of adjustment.

Finally had a chance to get my wheels mounted and balanced last week!

Rubbing a bit on the fender liners though. Not sure if I want to remove them or try to push them back out of the way. The fitment seems pretty good otherwise.

53wupxQ.jpg

aqFYLRF.jpg

Hopefully if we get a break in the weather, I can snap some better photos!

Next thing I'm hoping to do is get my NSX-R style spoiler re-sprayed black along with the front lip and the engine hatch vent.

Back