• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC/Balt Area Open House Aug 8th

Calling all VA/MD NSX owners!

We don't appear to have a lot of advertised NSX events in this area. This is a great opportunity to show off your car, trade tech talk, or just socialize with other enthusiasts of one of the finest driving machines ever put on the road. Let's rally around Rich and make this a memorable event!

Dave

I will try to make it. I have to work until 2:00 PM but I can come after that. Hopefully I will have my car back also. It's currently at Wagonworks. If it's not ready I hope you don't mind if I bring the beater.

Still looking for at least 20 NSX's next Saturday Aug 8th, but it might be easier for all of you if I gave you my address. :smile:

6501 Griffith Rd. Laytonsville (Gaithersburg) MD 20882.

It is the 3rd house on the Left off of Rt 108 (Laytonsville Rd) I will have something at the black mailbox out front so you can,t miss it. Again I'll have burgers, hot dogs, and chips. Please feel free to bring any munchies that you might like, and BYOB on drinks please (I,ll provide coolers and ice). I'll also have a tent, music, tables & chairs. Ben from Daisy Import Auto (My NSX Guy) said he will be here and will bring an NSX, with or with out it's owner??? My email is [email protected], my cell is 301-370-0452. Friends and family are welcome. I can't wait to meet all of you, and check out all your great cars.:smile:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...GWCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1

maps

Last edited:
I will be there around 4pm. I have Autocross in the morning on the 8th at Maryland State Police Training Center (MSPTC) in Sykesville, MD. Look forward to meeting fellow prime NSX owners.

Anyone else in the area Auto X?

Last edited:
Hey Guys, hope all who read this are well. I just wanted to touch bases and see if the meet is still on? I would like to attend. What is the address so I can google map the drive. Thanks a bunch in advance. V-tech

Hey Guys, hope all who read this are well. I just wanted to touch bases and see if the meet is still on? I would like to attend. What is the address so I can google map the drive. Thanks a bunch in advance. V-tech

Still looking for at least 20 NSX's next Saturday Aug 8th, but it might be easier for all of you if I gave you my address.
6501 Griffith Rd. Laytonsville (Gaithersburg) MD 20882.
It is the 3rd house on the Left off of Rt 108 (Laytonsville Rd) I will have something at the black mailbox out front so you can,t miss it. Again I'll have burgers, hot dogs, and chips. Please feel free to bring any munchies that you might like, and BYOB on drinks please (I,ll provide coolers and ice). I'll also have a tent, music, tables & chairs. Ben from Daisy Import Auto (My NSX Guy) said he will be here and will bring an NSX, with or with out it's owner??? My email is [email protected], my cell is 301-370-0452. Friends and family are welcome. I can't wait to meet all of you, and check out all your great cars.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=f...image&resnum=1

1. Richallstage91
2. Nick675
3. kennyc
4. V-Tech
5. Combatdad
6. grybrd
7. ARYNSX
8. 400whpintegrajoe
9. maxxdr11
10. Chris NSX
11. I1O101I
12. nsxwolf

Bryan

I'll be out of town on Saturday. Hope you all have a great time!

Anyone else in the area Auto X?
I do with the Mercedes Benz Club of America- Greater Washington Section. They hold Auto-X near Winchester, VA. The lot isn't the largest, nor is the club, but the people are really nice, and you get 6 runs in (3 practice, 3 for points). The next one is August 23.

Sat. Aug 8th 11 AM - 4 PM

6501 Griffith Rd. Laytonsville (Gaithersburg) MD 20882

[email protected] Cell 301-370-0452

Look for the dancing ghost by the mail box.

I think with Ben we have 13, if we have 7 more people and cars that could stop by for a even few hours we would have 20. Take a little time from your day and check out the other NSX's and owners in the area. Bring your friends, house guest, or even your family. You'll be glad you did.:smile:

only till 4pm??? That is sooo early. I am in the afternoon session of Autocross in Sykesville. If this event ends at 4pm I may as well not show up. I was really looking forward to this too. I think I'll be done by 2:30 or 3pm. I'll still make an effort to stop by.

Sat. Aug 8th 11 AM - 4 PM

6501 Griffith Rd. Laytonsville (Gaithersburg) MD 20882

[email protected] Cell 301-370-0452

Look for the dancing ghost by the mail box.

I think with Ben we have 13, if we have 7 more people and cars that could stop by for a even few hours we would have 20. Take a little time from your day and check out the other NSX's and owners in the area. Bring your friends, house guest, or even your family. You'll be glad you did.:smile:

Thank You for hosting the meet at your place. We need more NSXs to fill up that 10 acres of land u have.

Bryan

2nd! Thanks for the great food!!

My pictures are ready to go. I will send the link whenever combatdad setup the mailing list.

Kenny

I also want to thank Rich and his family for hosting today's event. Your home is the perfect setting for an event like this. Food, music, everything was perfect! And for the benefit of my brother John in NC, Gracie (the chocolate lab) was a perfect lady!

We had 11 NSXs in attendence: 5 red, 4 black, 1 silver and 1 white. A special thanks to Berry and Barbara for driving up from NC. They get the longest distance travelled award.

I have included the photos I took today. I'll get the directory out to everyone by tomorrow.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 51
Here are some I took today.

Attachments

• nsxmt-1.jpg
    nsxmt-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 49
  • nsxmt-2.jpg
    nsxmt-2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 43
  • nsxmt-3.jpg
    nsxmt-3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 47
  • nsxmt-4.jpg
    nsxmt-4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 54
  • nsxmt-5.jpg
    nsxmt-5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 56
  • nsxmt-6.jpg
    nsxmt-6.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 46
Hey guys, looks like a pretty decent turnout for a first effort!! Perhaps we can plan a future event somewhere between Raleigh and the DC area.

I have a feeling John is thinking Reva VA.:smile: We had 1 more NSX show up after you left Dave (Nick with his 98 BLK/Blk) so that should be an even dozen. Thanks for every one who did show up, Laura, Luke, Molly, Gracie ( the dog), and I enjoyed meeting all of you, we had a great time and learned a lot (like buy more hamburgers and buns next time) oh and NSX stuff too. We would love to do it again next year, and even make it an annual event. Any one else who has pics please post them, I will try to get ours up ASAP. Please chime in with any ideas on how to make it better for next year or any other thoughts. Again, thanks for making this first one a great NSX meet.:smile::smile::smile:

Ok, lets try this again. Looks like my first post got lost somewhere in cyber space. I just wanted to say that today's event was great. It was my first, and you guys were fantastic! I especially would like to thank Richard & Laura for their hospitality and for hosting the meeting. No doubt about it, there is something special about NSX people; I felt like I made some new friends. Guys I look forward to seeing you all soon and maybe we can take that drive through the Shenandoahs that some of us spoke about. Until then...be safe and take care.

Last edited:
I have a feeling John is thinking Reva VA.:smile:

I have a feeling he means a little farther south...like maybe Virginia International Raceway (VIR). That could be a possibility.

Dave

P.S. I noticed there are a lot of hits on this thread. Hope that means we have perked some interest from the MD/VA crowd!

Last edited:
Well I got there late, but still was nice talking to those that were still hanging around. We definitely need to do a drive down skyline dr. very very soon.

Also if anyone wants to get into Autocross with the NSX or even Tackdays up at Summit send me a pm.

Attachments

• P8080007.jpg
    P8080007.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 39
  • P8080008.jpg
    P8080008.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 41
  • P8080012.jpg
    P8080012.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 43
  • P8080013.jpg
    P8080013.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P8080014.jpg
    P8080014.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 47
  • P8080016.jpg
    P8080016.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P8080017.jpg
    P8080017.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 44
  • P8080018.jpg
    P8080018.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 44
  • P8080019.jpg
    P8080019.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 39
  • P8080020.jpg
    P8080020.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 41
  • P8080021.jpg
    P8080021.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 40
  • P8080024.jpg
    P8080024.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 49
  • P8080025.jpg
    P8080025.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 42
  • P8080026.jpg
    P8080026.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P8080030.jpg
    P8080030.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 47
Wish I could've been there, but I had to go down the beach and win 2nd place in the White Marlin Open. :cool:
Looks like we have a good crew. We should definately meet more often.

Back