• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealer stock visibility

Does anyone know or a fact whether an Acura dealer can, or cannot, see 2017 NSX inventory at other dealers?
My local dealer says no, but back in 1993, my local dealer found a new NSX in the color I wanted at another dealer, and I bought it.

I would bet they can otherwise they couldnt do dealer trades! Cars.com has just about everyone listed I would think. I bought mine out of state and they shipped it to me.

They totally can see inventory nationwide and even whose ordered cars that are in transit have not delivered yet. Before we had a slot to custom-order my Nord Grey car (whoops, I guess the secret is out now) we were casually keeping an eye on various Nord cars sitting in dealers and on delivery trucks around the country to identify a possible trade candidate.

They totally can see inventory nationwide and even whose ordered cars that are in transit have not delivered yet. Before we had a slot to custom-order my Nord Grey car (whoops, I guess the secret is out now) we were casually keeping an eye on various Nord cars sitting in dealers and on delivery trucks around the country to identify a possible trade candidate.

Congrats, tell us more about your nord grey nsx? What kind of deals did you get?

Nord Grey will be the unicorn color of the second generation cars.

Congrats, tell us more about your nord grey nsx? What kind of deals did you get?

I don't mean to thread jack so I will write everything up once it's here. I leave for the factory a week from Saturday to do the NSX Insider Experience, so I suspect mine will be one of the very last MY2017 cars produced for the US market (as most of December will apparently be spent building cars for other markets before switching over to MY2018 production).

I tend to agree :)

Unicorn.. sure but there has to be an extreme like/want for this color in general. Purple, brookland green, and monaco are pretty rare but not as sought after. I think the nord grey is beautiful but i also wish they did a different approach for their "grey"

Back