• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

December Meet

Are we going to have one before Christmas? Let's all welcome 94 Black NSX in NC. I suggest Dec. 1 or 2. What do you think guys? Any suggestions? Hey Paul are you OK with this?

I'm working on the delivery date of Sandras' new S2000 CR to the Henderson Honda dealer. We are hoping for everyone to join us. It looks like it will be the first or second weekend of December when the car arrives from Japan. If anyone knows any S2000 owners it would be great for them to join us too.

Thanks,

Nik

What color CR? They had an Apex blue last Saturday that was gone by this weekend.

$38k for the CR vs $35k for the Mugen SI they had, and one's going to wipe the floor with the other :biggrin:

We stopped by the dealer today and got an update. Looks like our CR will be in from Japan in Feb 08 :( That's what you get for ordering the first yellow CR in the western USA. The blue CR has a deposit from a guy in California. The Mugen Civic is sold too. The other Mugen in town is going for $41K at the dealer, no joke!

So what shall we all do for December?

Nik and Sandra

Both dates are good for me.

Lance

Ditto...

silverNEEK said:
...The other Mugen in town is going for $41K at the dealer, no joke!

Wow... I know Mugen parts are VERY popular, but damn! I'll have to look it up on line to see what Mugen components it has. The intake, suspension setups, baffled oil pans, sway bars, cooling package, and some other stuff are good; but not all their components are the best in a given category.

You and Sandra please let me know if you need any help picking some items that will add a little "Mugen hotness" to the S2000CR! :biggrin:

We stopped by the dealer today and got an update. Looks like our CR will be in from Japan in Feb 08 :( That's what you get for ordering the first yellow CR in the western USA. The blue CR has a deposit from a guy in California. The Mugen Civic is sold too. The other Mugen in town is going for $41K at the dealer, no joke!

So what shall we all do for December?

Nik and Sandra

Then it's settled...We will have our December meet in February!:biggrin:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Danny

Guys,

From this thread, I've put the bug in the ear of the NSXPO comittee for the idea of NSXPO to be in Vegas. As you can see, everyone loves the Vegas idea so perhaps we can re-birth the idea of NSXPO Las Vegas.

We put in a bid for the last three, but they turned us down. Most of the bidding work was done by people in CA. Lets try it one more time! By having one here, it will be the largest NSXPO ever.

Southern Calif and Las Vegas NSX can do it!!

Lance

We put in a bid for the last three, but they turned us down. Most of the bidding work was done by people in CA. Lets try it one more time! By having one here, it will be the largest NSXPO ever.

Southern Calif and Las Vegas NSX can do it!!

Lance

Would be more interesting to do it during SEMA week. Shooting two birds with one stone.

I think what we need to differently this time is rally the support of the people. The problem is, as I understand it, there is a comittee that decides where to host the NSXPO. And some of them seem to be "stuffed shirt, wet blanket" types. Instead of seeing Vegas as an awesome, fun filled destination, they see it as debaucherous, trouble making, outlaw place. They see Vegas more as a hassle and trouble, then a good selection. I would aruge that they probably haven't been to Vegas and are basing their opinion on just that, subjective opinion. One influential person on the committee comes to mind who has openly frowned upon Vegas. My thinking is our only chance is to rally the support of the common folk who seem to openly want Vegas enough to sway and pressure the committee nay-sayers so that they give the people what they really want.

Scott, from SCNSX, will send us the NSXPO proposal from 07/08. This will save a lot of work.
We will only be able to do this with LOTS of help. Did I hear someone say Southern California?

Lance

Scott, from SCNSX, will send us the NSXPO proposal from 07/08. This will save a lot of work.
We will only be able to do this with LOTS of help. Did I hear someone say Southern California?

Lance

We're here to help! :biggrin: Gil

Lance

Whatever we need to do to get a viable proposal to the NSXCA board let's go, we need to make this happen. I know Scott forwarded his prior proposal to the Vegas group, whatever you need let us know. What happens in Vegas in 2009, stays in Vegas!! :biggrin:

So are we gonna have a December meet?

I think what we need to differently this time is rally the support of the people. The problem is, as I understand it, there is a comittee that decides where to host the NSXPO. And some of them seem to be "stuffed shirt, wet blanket" types. Instead of seeing Vegas as an awesome, fun filled destination, they see it as debaucherous, trouble making, outlaw place. They see Vegas more as a hassle and trouble, then a good selection. I would aruge that they probably haven't been to Vegas and are basing their opinion on just that, subjective opinion. One influential person on the committee comes to mind who has openly frowned upon Vegas. My thinking is our only chance is to rally the support of the common folk who seem to openly want Vegas enough to sway and pressure the committee nay-sayers so that they give the people what they really want.

I spoke with Tom Khors and Ken Sax about having the Expo in Las Vegas, when we were at the Laguna Seca Sports Car Championship/NSXCA event last month. They thought the only down-side might be that we just had the NSXPO in the Southwest two years ago.

Edit: They did express some concern that there were only a few NSXCA members from LV.

Back