• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailed interior shots

Ha, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall during the last year of Ted's planning & status meetings? Who knows how many recent design changes for thermal management or other things may have required shifting budget from certain "wants" to the "musts," possibly trading some interior refinement for must-have hardware while trying to keep the price near a certain mark. I think I read this book in one day, as it became my fly on the wall 6 years after the fact, unmasking a bunch of behind-the-scene things I lived thru at the time but was left mystified as to why Ford did them with the Taurus: BOOK

Is that really true? I had no idea and find that fascinating! The seamed/sewn trim line at the dashboard beltline certainly look similar. Is that really true?

I find it a but humorous for lack of a better way of saying it over how many opportunities were overlooked to carry over some of the 1.0's DNA. I love the "ring" that carries over from the door to the windshield/dash interface and over to the other door in our cars. Maybe that was a trendy thing at the time, because the 300ZX and Ford Probe had the similar thing. Even the Regular Car Review guy on Youtube recognized that and seemed to like it. You can see how that pattern seems to start at the passenger door and carries over into the dash but then abruptly ends at the defroster vent. I'm left wondering whether it's a result of either there purposefully being no real priority placed on paying some homage to the 1.0, or if the designers really weren't all that familiar with the 1.0 or "passionate" enough about it to look for those opportunities.

Yes the homages are rich. You can tell the designers loved the first NSX and respected it.

As for the 458 interior design:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-rev...g-maranellos-most-powerful-production-v8-ever

Search keyword Honda.

Sorry some of these were upside down, attaching from iPhone not good.

So, the sales/mktg guy claimed this was the production version - but maybe he meant the exterior? Good point, the CF inlays are probably an option.

More details from the guy are posted on the Prospective Owners board.

I'm intrigued that you went from the 4.2 to the 5.2. Says a lot about the r8

Well, a lot of people here dislike the R8 for some inexplicable reason, so I won't get into it too much. But basically the V8 was the best mid-engined all-rounder on the market when I got it, and then the V10 came out and it was clearly more of all the things that made the V8 so great. It's cut from the same cloth as the original NSX - an everyday supercar. It's the same reason I hope the new NSX will live up to its billing.

But Honda/Acura needs to be careful here. Newer Lamborghinis and Ferraris are remarkably user friendly now. I know people who daily 458s and Huracans and never give it a second thought. My debate now is between selling the R8 V10 and replacing it with a Huracan, or keeping the R8 and adding the NSX.

Well, a lot of people here dislike the R8 for some inexplicable reason, so I won't get into it too much. But basically the V8 was the best mid-engined all-rounder on the market when I got it, and then the V10 came out and it was clearly more of all the things that made the V8 so great. It's cut from the same cloth as the original NSX - an everyday supercar. It's the same reason I hope the new NSX will live up to its billing.

But Honda/Acura needs to be careful here. Newer Lamborghinis and Ferraris are remarkably user friendly now. I know people who daily 458s and Huracans and never give it a second thought. My debate now is between selling the R8 V10 and replacing it with a Huracan, or keeping the R8 and adding the NSX.

Really? I didnt know people disliked it here, that is odd because it is what you said it is (daily supercar) and another its reason of why I have always liked it, besides being an Audi/Lambo fan and owning that 4.2 v8 in 4 vehicles...

But yes this is also part of my point, everything is almost on the same playing field now. And its hard to also beat Ferrari's warrantys as well, I really doubt the NSX will have something even comprable to their warranty (speaking really about the 7 year maintenance plan)

Really? I didnt know people disliked it here, that is odd because it is what you said it is (daily supercar) and another its reason of why I have always liked it, besides being an Audi/Lambo fan and owning that 4.2 v8 in 4 vehicles...

But yes this is also part of my point, everything is almost on the same playing field now. And its hard to also beat Ferrari's warrantys as well, I really doubt the NSX will have something even comprable to their warranty (speaking really about the 7 year maintenance plan)

You and I are obviously thinking along the same lines. Honda can no longer rely on "reliability" and "practicality" as its trump cards. Everybody has raised their game in the last 5 to 10 years. So where we may have traded off some of the "exoticness" in the past and opted for an NSX over, say, a 348/355, I don't think people will settle anymore. It's got stiff competition from sources it didn't have on the first go around.

Do the Huracan have good visibility as the NSX's cockpit? I have sat in the Murci and Aven and while they are gorgeous, I wasn't impress with the visibility for the daily practicality. Certainly horrible blind spot and rear view visibility.

I would still place my bet on the NSX for being the better super car for everyday use.

When I look at the 458 interior compared to the new NSX, the NSX looks cluttered, busy, and heavy in comparison. It lacks cohesiveness. More befitting of a sedan or SUV.

Even the old NSX interior to me still feels clean, purposeful, timeless and unique.

Last edited:
I don't find the NSX 2.0 to be cluttered and more busy than a F458.

What I like about the NSX 1.0 and 2.0 and Lambos is that they have a center console that connects to the dash at an angle.

To me the F cars is missing the center console and looks like the American cars and trucks with bench seats in the front where that middle section was open to provide ur middle passenger some leg room.

2014-Ferrari-458-Scuderia-Interior.jpg

You and I are obviously thinking along the same lines. Honda can no longer rely on "reliability" and "practicality" as its trump cards. Everybody has raised their game in the last 5 to 10 years. So where we may have traded off some of the "exoticness" in the past and opted for an NSX over, say, a 348/355, I don't think people will settle anymore. It's got stiff competition from sources it didn't have on the first go around.
exactly, i couldnt have said it better myself

Do the Huracan have good visibility as the NSX's cockpit? I have sat in the Murci and Aven and while they are gorgeous, I wasn't impress with the visibility for the daily practicality. Certainly horrible blind spot and rear view visibility.

I would still place my bet on the NSX for being the better super car for everyday use.
the aventador has very good visability compared to the murci and its size, u have to slightly keep in mind that it is still the lowest and widest production car on the road currently. also the rear ward visibility is the only lacking aspect if u ask me and i dont ever look behind me. but the huracan has excellent visibility

When I look at the 458 interior compared to the new NSX, the NSX looks cluttered, busy, and heavy in comparison. It lacks cohesiveness. More befitting of a sedan or SUV.

Even the old NSX interior to me still feels clean, purposeful, timeless and unique.
the nsx def looks cluttered and un-thought-out which brings me to some new points looking back at the pictures

1 - the window controls have a pocket that looks like its to close the doors has the window controls on the handle? i can see that getting annoying

2 - the leathrr on the passenger seat shows ripples already, leasing me to hope that this is indeed not production interior.

3 - from a desing perspective, awful location for the starter if that knob is used for multi purpose controls, i can see accidental turnoffs ar lights

And the split screen is a good thing that was in the TLX as SebringSilver pointed out.

The problem with the TLX split screen is that a touchscreen is used to control many items that are better suited to physical buttons (i.e. climate, seat heaters, radio), yet on the screen where a touchscreen would actually be preferable there is no touchscreen (i.e. the nav).

the awful center screen all just look so out of place

I suspect they are using a single touchscreen for a very good reason. If they intend to provide full Android and iPhone screen integration as well as custom apps, then a single touchscreen (a la Tesla) is the only sane solution. While the 458 and Huracan design of placing everything into the instrument pod may be cleaner looking and more driver focused, such designs will be woefully inadequate for offering a modern infotainment system in the future.

Sorry, but in no way did Honda design the 458's interior. The author was merely hypothesizing and being rhetorical.

Look at the new Acura lineup's interior, new NSX's interior and the 458. They recruited Honda's F1 engineers and then noticeably got better at making engines... And you don't think they wouldn't use their designers?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/59527-Something-I-read

- - - Updated - - -

I don't find the NSX 2.0 to be cluttered and more busy than a F458.

What I like about the NSX 1.0 and 2.0 and Lambos is that they have a center console that connects to the dash at an angle.

To me the F cars is missing the center console and looks like the American cars and trucks with bench seats in the front where that middle section was open to provide ur middle passenger some leg room.

2014-Ferrari-458-Scuderia-Interior.jpg

The Laferrari Interior looks like the 458's interior melted IMO. You can clearly see when and where Ferrari did not outsource their interior design properly.

Look at the new Acura lineup's interior, new NSX's interior and the 458. They recruited Honda's F1 engineers and then noticeably got better at making engines... And you don't think they wouldn't use their designers?

Uh.....no, they wouldn't. But feel free to believe what you want to believe.

The problem with the TLX split screen is that a touchscreen is used to control many items that are better suited to physical buttons (i.e. climate, seat heaters, radio), yet on the screen where a touchscreen would actually be preferable there is no touchscreen (i.e. the nav).

I suspect they are using a single touchscreen for a very good reason. If they intend to provide full Android and iPhone screen integration as well as custom apps, then a single touchscreen (a la Tesla) is the only sane solution. While the 458 and Huracan design of placing everything into the instrument pod may be cleaner looking and more driver focused, such designs will be woefully inadequate for offering a modern infotainment system in the future.

Believe me, im a fan of buttons over touch screens, but thats not what im getting at. Like Sebring said, the designated nav screen is a fantastic thing instead of switching between stuff. However a possibility i havent ruled out yet is them taking the "Panamera approach" and putting a small nav in the gauge pod and having the center screen b independent.

And once again with the center screen you missed my complaint. It looks BAD. You can see where the light hits it where the screen itself begins and ends. It has the same fit and finish level look of an aftermarket touch screen put in at a stereo shop with a plastic bezel shoved in to fill the rest of the space. Yes, i know part of the space is for touch buttons on the side of the screen but it still look terrible. And the lines with the angled hood section above it that comes from the air vents are just awful

- - - Updated - - -

The white looks better, still not that fantastic, and i still want more carbon, less plastic, and more alcantara and less leather

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be that guy, her is our competitions interiors so far:
3747632.jpg
2013-porsche-911-gt3-interior_1.jpg
2016-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z07-interior.jpg
dodge-srt-viper-interior-4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

8-nyias-570s-interior.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2016-Audi-R8-interior.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

2015_nissan_gt_r_dashboard.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

those are the only ones i can think of currently, but feel free to list any others (911 turbo, gt3, c7 z06, viper, 570s, r8, gtr)

but the only one i think the nsx looks better than is honestly the viper, and thats not by much

Last edited:
Regardless of opinion on the NSX interior, I don't think you could argue that there is anything unique about it. For example, the Alfa 4C has exposed carbon chassis visible in the interior.

Alfa 4c interior.jpg

but the only one i think the nsx looks better than is honestly the viper, and thats not by much
Personally I find most of those interiors either too busy or gaudy/hideous. I like how the Corvette & NSX interiors are understated/less distracting to the eye and allow the driver to focus more on the road.

Personally I find most of those interiors either too busy or gaudy/hideous. I like how the Corvette & NSX interiors are understated/less distracting to the eye and allow the driver to focus more on the road.
have you sat in a c7?...

anyway, yea regardless of opinions, the nsx does in appearance look cleaner/lessdistracting (if u dont count the steering wheel) and im all for the clean, im looking for better materials, but 2 things to ur comment:

one i posted these pics to show the level of detail and quality going into the other cars. and if u notice they all kind of have similar thot processes executed in different ways and are unique in their own way. but like simplife said, there is almost nothing unique about the nsx. and unless ur the biggest ultimate fanboy on the planet, thats gona keep u from spending 150k+

but two, if u want a clean uninterupted driving experience look, then there is no one who does that better than mclaren

Last edited:
have you sat in a c7?...

anyway, yea regardless of opinions, the nsx does in appearance look cleaner/lessdistracting (if u dont count the steering wheel) and im all for the clean, im looking for better materials, but 2 things to ur comment:

one i posted these pics to show the level of detail and quality going into the other cars. and if u notice they all kind of have similar thot processes executed in different ways and are unique in their own way. but like simplife said, there is almost nothing unique about the nsx. and unless ur the biggest ultimate fanboy on the planet, thats gona keep u from spending 150k+

but two, if u want a clean uninterupted driving experience look, then there is no one who does that better than mclaren
I have not sat in a C7, but I do like how the center console is oriented toward the driver. I guess I like more plain interiors, and dislike ones that look like they've been crafted by jewelers & fashion designers. I want to feel like I'm in a race car, not a luxury apartment. I do like the MacLaren interior, I wish it was within my price range. :(

Back