• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Detailed interior shots

Uh.....no, they wouldn't. But feel free to believe what you want to believe.

Sure buddy and you too. Please show me evidence to your beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

95nsxtc, you seem to be more of a high end materials guy whereas I prefer to see more articulated shapes and form in the interior. Most of those cars interiors are overly-simple and easy to build shapes/forms, especially the GM, Dodge and Nissan interiors. Nothing wrong with either viewpoint, but I really don't see the same level of appeal of say the GTR's interior and new NSX. The GTR is better matched to the C7's interior quality. The NSX is a substantially higher notch IMO.

I have not sat in a C7, but I do like how the center console is oriented toward the driver. I guess I like more plain interiors, and dislike ones that look like they've been crafted by jewelers & fashion designers. I want to feel like I'm in a race car, not a luxury apartment. I do like the MacLaren interior, I wish it was within my price range. :(

Yea the c7 is a lil busier than you may think when you sit in it. But I do enjoy the driver centerd feel, much like i did in my MKIV Supra. The color leather surrounding the wrap around the driver is one of my favorite parts. And i just figured anyone looking at the new nsx could afford a non optioned out 570s

- - - Updated - - -

Sure buddy and you too. Please show me evidence to your beliefs.

- - - Updated - - -

95nsxtc, you seem to be more of a high end materials guy whereas I prefer to see more articulated shapes and form in the interior. Most of those cars interiors are overly-simple and easy to build shapes/forms, especially the GM, Dodge and Nissan interiors. Nothing wrong with either viewpoint, but I really don't see the same level of appeal of say the GTR's interior and new NSX. The GTR is better matched to the C7's interior quality. The NSX is a substantially higher notch IMO.

I like quality finish and high purpose... and i went to a design school but that doesnt matter lol the materials i want/speak of are all lighter weight. Also the reason i really like the concept is because a lot of the rakes and angles are repeated on the console and dash. This interior for me would have no problem in the 80-100k price range but we're above that and I want the car to feel and look as special as it is/can be if i spend this money

Here's the best example/metaphor/visualization i can give:
If you saw the pictures of this interior and had no clue what the exterior of the car looked like, you would never guess it belonged to something special. If you asked people what they would pay for a car with this interior, not knowing anything about what the exterior looks like, id guess no one would say over 50k. You could swap this interior in say a new RSX and it would look like it belongs there, and that is a problem.

Last edited:
have you sat in a c7?...

anyway, yea regardless of opinions, the nsx does in appearance look cleaner/lessdistracting (if u dont count the steering wheel) and im all for the clean, im looking for better materials, but 2 things to ur comment:

one i posted these pics to show the level of detail and quality going into the other cars. and if u notice they all kind of have similar thot processes executed in different ways and are unique in their own way. but like simplife said, there is almost nothing unique about the nsx. and unless ur the biggest ultimate fanboy on the planet, thats gona keep u from spending 150k+

but two, if u want a clean uninterupted driving experience look, then there is no one who does that better than mclaren

I've sat in the C7 and current Viper and like it. Is there something that u dun like about it?

Fit and finish is much better than previous gens for either cars.

Here's the best example/metaphor/visualization i can give:
If you saw the pictures of this interior and had no clue what the exterior of the car looked like, you would never guess it belonged to something special. If you asked people what they would pay for a car with this interior, not knowing anything about what the exterior looks like, id guess no one would say over 50k. You could swap this interior in say a new RSX and it would look like it belongs there, and that is a problem.

I think it's personal preference at the end of the day, but I think the somewhat social stigma from the brand of Acura is haunting/clouding your judgement tho. The new NSX's interior looks very exotic even if it's a dramatic change from the concept's interior. The RSX's interior has the typical $20K car interior that you would find in something like the Celica, but a little bit better:

acura-rsx-interior.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette_C7_Stingray_Convertible-2014-1600-2b.jpg

That C7's interior design in the same vain as the late RSX's interior with softer, more basic shapes.

You can't blame Honda for trying to unify the layout and design language across the board for their Acura lineup tho. BMW, Audi, and pretty much everyone else in modern times are doing it and no one really bats an eye. The i8 interior looks like any other BMW interior and the R8's interior looks just like any other Audi interior if you're going to go by that logic.

I've sat in the C7 and current Viper and like it. Is there something that u dun like about it?

Fit and finish is much better than previous gens for either cars.
no nothing i dislike about them. but ur def right on that especially the huge jump ahead in quality made by the viper interior

Personally I find most of those interiors either too busy or gaudy/hideous. I like how the Corvette & NSX interiors are understated/less distracting to the eye and allow the driver to focus more on the road.

I'm 100% with you on all that. Some over-thought out interiors can be an assault on the senses... Our gen 1 NSX interiors look so plain in photos but are just so nearly perfect (to me at least) in person that I can never see getting tired of it...

And it could be worse:

big_thumb_8d6f1846df51dfca44d55b843379ef4f.jpg

marussia-b1-07.jpg

big_thumb_60b878da7f18f20552aaf212a115e113.jpg

tvr-cerbera-4200-mk1-tvr-unofficial-blog_3.jpg

83580296d02de46d290b0f9446be2129.jpg

Oops sorry about mistaking that last photo of Jabba the Hutt and Bib Fortuna for another TVR interior.

Doesn't this look better now for some of you? I kind of like the understatedness of it. I think the interior will age well, like the 1.0. As I've thought often about today's infotainment systems, I hope it's easily updatable, to be able to keep up with whatever we are using in cars 10 years from now so that touchscreen and control knob doesn't become tomorrow's cassette deck.

19902939173_d9aac5b45b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 100% with you on all that. Some over-thought out interiors can be an assault on the senses... Our gen 1 NSX interiors look so plain in photos but are just so nearly perfect (to me at least) in person that I can never see getting tired of it...

And it could be worse:

big_thumb_8d6f1846df51dfca44d55b843379ef4f.jpg

marussia-b1-07.jpg

tvr-cerbera-4200-mk1-tvr-unofficial-blog_3.jpg

Mighty_Jabba_With_Hookah.jpg

Oops sorry about mistaking that last photo of Jabba the Hutt and Bib Fortuna for another TVR interior.

Doesn't this look better now?

19902939173_d9aac5b45b_b.jpg
let me jus ask this last final question and ill shut up with my opinions.

who here is actually going to pay 150k+ for this interior?

I actually might too someday. Probably on the used market just like with my NA1. Actually I'm very glad the interior is a bit subdued and free of any "beak" type of trendy foofaru. Seems like there's little chance they'll not be offering interior trim upgrades like what was seen in show cars, with options as mentioned here. The price point of those options will be interesting though...how much will it cost to get an interior trimmed like the show cars. Hopefully Acura doesn't go all Porsche/Ferrari where you can virtually double the cost of the car by walking out of the showroom with added trim options, keychains, t-shirts, socks, bikinis and underwear. :)

I actually might too someday. Probably on the used market just like with my NA1. Actually I'm very glad the interior is a bit subdued and free of any "beak" type of trendy foofaru. Seems like there's little chance they'll not be offering interior trim upgrades like what was seen in show cars, with options as mentioned here. The price point of those options will be interesting though...how much will it cost to get an interior trimmed like the show cars. Hopefully Acura doesn't go all Porsche/Ferrari where you can virtually double the cost of the car by walking out of the showroom with added trim options, keychains, t-shirts, socks, bikinis and underwear. :)
lmao "foofaru" best word ive heard in a while. but yea im curious of these options too

I like the layout of the interior. I just think the leather and materials look cheap. Almost like a red pvc vynil. I call it, devynil.

I think you guys are being a bit unfair. Everyone keeps comparing a washed out looking amateur photo of the NSX interior to professional looking photos of the other car interiors.

Try looking at the poorly done interior shots provided in some of the R8 for sale ads. The worst ones manage to make the R8 interior look no better than an old Audi TT. Yet the official Audi photos look nothing like that.

Have you read what critics of the original NSX say about its interior? It's typically something like, "nice exterior, but the interior looks like an old Honda Accord". Yet on this forum everyone seems to think the 1st gen NSX interior is great. :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

A key attribute of the interior that's often overlooked is how most of the NSX's competitors feel like you're sitting in a hole. The new NSX has an exotic driving position similar to the 12C, while the R8 has you sitting behind a high dash similar to what you'd find in a sedan.

nsx_seating.jpg

R8_seating.jpg

^ I enjoy seeing the divided nature on this forum. You have a good point about the early reviews of the NSX with plain Accord interior and Ferrari-derivative styling. When the concept debuted, it was a minority of people who liked it. Now, it's closer to 50/50 in reception as the car is reaching final production form. Once it's on the road and if it delivers as promised and people can sit in one and experience it, I think there's going to be plenty of second hand buyers again waiting to get there hands on it like the first.

Even if the hybrid system is deemed a botch, there will be people who will try to swap in the newest J motors or simply delete the e-motors and just mod the TT engine. Either way, Honda could make that choice themselves and offer a less expensive, lighter, but still potent sports car. The framework is already there. They will win either way as it doesn't really cost much to remove components and simplify things. The re-tuning for balance would be the biggest hurdle, as the TT V6 is looking very promising. This is my optimistic view on the project if they are smart about it.

Better hope it sells better than the volume Honda is setting it for, as it sounds like the car is going to be a very limited production which will keep demand stronger like what Ferrari is doing and perhaps even help retain residual value much stronger than the first gen.

If it doesn't sell as projected, there should still be enough volume for a cult following to buy and mod the car to their own liking at a diminished value which will allow modding to be more affordable for budgets.

Even if the hybrid system is deemed a botch, there will be people who will try to swap in the newest J motors or simply delete the e-motors and just mod the TT engine.

I'm hoping the value of the 4wd & e-motors is significant and easily apparent to those of us who "live" at 3/10ths with occasional runs up to 6/10ths at most, and that its value isn't apparent really only above 6/10ths. Makes you wonder if Honda's removing the front axle & all e-motors might take out enough weight and cost to become the more compelling option for the 3/10th'ers...and then see something like the Porsche situation where the Cayman is a really compelling option for a price & performance for the majority of owners to the point that Porsche detunes the Cayman (or at lest used to?) to ensure the gap and prevent an obliteration of 911 sales.

I'd be surprised to see a factory option like that, but you never know! I'm no expert but it's surprising how much resources it takes to put out an alternate drivetrain model...engineering, bench testing, dynamometer durability testing, on-road durability testing, on-road calibration development, crash testing.....thus so many cars no longer offering manual transmission due to too low #'s to justify it. Unless we start seeing and hearing about non-e NSX's out on the streets, I personally think it'll be a looong time before Honda offers a non-e version unfortunately!

I'm hoping the value of the 4wd & e-motors is significant and easily apparent to those of us who "live" at 3/10ths with occasional runs up to 6/10ths at most, and that its value isn't apparent really only above 6/10ths. Makes you wonder if Honda's removing the front axle & all e-motors might take out enough weight and cost to become the more compelling option for the 3/10th'ers...and then see something like the Porsche situation where the Cayman is a really compelling option for a price & performance for the majority of owners to the point that Porsche detunes the Cayman (or at lest used to?) to ensure the gap and prevent an obliteration of 911 sales.

I'd be surprised to see a factory option like that, but you never know! I'm no expert but it's surprising how much resources it takes to put out an alternate drivetrain model...engineering, bench testing, dynamometer durability testing, on-road durability testing, on-road calibration development, crash testing.....thus so many cars no longer offering manual transmission due to too low #'s to justify it. Unless we start seeing and hearing about non-e NSX's out on the streets, I personally think it'll be a looong time before Honda offers a non-e version unfortunately!

If Honda is smart, they would have that option as a backup plan in case their endeavors prove to be unreliable or non-viable. However, I have a feeling the new SH-AWD is competent as it looks promising in the acceleration vids and few track vids. They are really pushing for this complex tech and they are at the forefront in leading that tech as a mainstream, but I can't imagine it being that hard to remove the emotors up front and simplifying the drivetrain if needed.

Either way, I know Honda has (or should have) planned for a completely no emotor drive situation mode, very much like the EPS going out on the later NSX or AT models. If it does, the car is still very much driveable without power steering and should not damage any other components.

I like the layout of the interior. I just think the leather and materials look cheap. Almost like a red pvc vynil. I call it, devynil.

People have said the leather in the original NSX is cheap looking too, including many members on this forum. Yet others have claimed Honda used top quality Napa leather. So confused.

Perhaps you are thinking that super soft matte leather equals high quality, while shinny heavy leather equals low quality. I'm not sure it's as simple as that as Honda is undoubtedly concerned about wear and longevity. If Ferrari were to wrap their interior in subtle buttery leather and it falls apart 10 years later people will shrug and say "what do you expect, it's a Ferrari!" But if Honda does this and it fails to hold up we'll be hearing about the horrible NSX quality that's not up to the usual Honda standards.

Remember how the mainstream media wrote negative articles about NSX tire wear in the early 90s? They said Honda's top of the line car was destroying tires in only 3000 miles and how customers expected more from Honda. Rather than being viewed as a possible characteristic of an exotic car, it was viewed as a design fault.

I would too. But the door buttons look like run of the mill Honda/Acura switches. Nothing special.

And I prefer all of the buttons away from the door and on the center console. I have this in my GTO and really like it when I'm busy with the steering wheel and shifting that my passenger can help once in a while in the windows.

paris-c-089.jpg

A competitor I forgot about that gets more attractive everyday: AMG GTS

I would certainly pay $150k for one.

I'm also quote excited about the options list but hoping they don't try to price it like ferrari. It's pretty clear that the carbon stuff is a must have. I'd like to know if the carbon roof is for appearance or if it actually reduces the weight.

Also of note is that there's no mention of apple car play. I expected all new hondas to include this.

Am actually not fussed if it doesn't as the retrofitted pioneer car play in my M3 has left me very much underwhelmed by its capabilities.

Back