• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did you all see this!?

When they can figure out who makes the NSX, I'll believe the story.

"The King of Japanese Supercars is back! Its always a beautiful sight when I see a Honda NSX on the road here in Brisbane as they are just so rare. Nissan gave up on the NSX for a while, and simply let it be."

bluethunder said:

LoL R&T has been giving false hopes about the NSX for years! I think their inside source at Honda is the same one that said Iraq had wmd's..LoL seriously I've got late 90's articles from R&T were they show a picture and confirm a V8 for the year 2000 NSX. Looks like they're still sticking with that theory ,now just adding a V10 to the mix.

They only thing we've actually seen is a 2 door RL from Honda. If Honda had a NSX/S2000 running prototype someone would've snuck a shot by now. I honestly wish they'd make something else ,but I've stopped holding my breath and really started enjoying what they did make:smile:

WingZ said:
If Honda had a NSX/S2000 running prototype someone would've snuck a shot by now. I honestly wish they'd make something else ,but I've stopped holding my breath and really started enjoying what they did make:smile:

They actually have 2 running versions of the successor to the NSX. I know someone who has been in both of them recently. (in the U.S.)

White92 said:
They actually have 2 running versions of the successor to the NSX. I know someone who has been in both of them recently. (in the U.S.)

Don't do this to me. Is this the same report about one being a mid engine and the other a front engine? How is it there have been no pic's? Surely someone else would've snuck a pic. True Honda has said there would be a replacement ,but they've been saying that for years. They broke my heart when they cancelled the HSC:mad: So until I see a pic of these supposed cars I'm not buying it.

WingZ said:
Don't do this to me. Is this the same report about one being a mid engine and the other a front engine? How is it there have been no pic's? Surely someone else would've snuck a pic. True Honda has said there would be a replacement ,but they've been saying that for years. They broke my heart when they cancelled the HSC:mad: So until I see a pic of these supposed cars I'm not buying it.

Nope. This is my own report that they are both front engine, V-10's and will no longer carry the NSX name. When I say that this person has been in both of them, I don't mean that they have been drving them or taken them around a track. They've only sat in them while checking them out indoors.

White92 said:
Nope. This is my own report that they are both front engine, V-10's and will no longer carry the NSX name. When I say that this person has been in both of them, I don't mean that they have been drving them or taken them around a track. They've only sat in them while checking them out indoors.

Dang I hope this is legit. You wouldn't be stringing a brutha along now would ya!

I think this would make sense.

Option 1: 525HP V10 $115,000 AWD
Option 2: 3.6 Turbo 450HP. $95,000 RWD

-- however with option 2, if the Skyline GTR has that same power with AWD for $70,000 they might as well not bother.

Throw in a 7-speed paddle shifter and voila.

NetViper said:

-- however with option 2, if the Skyline GTR has that same power with AWD for $70,000 they might as well not bother.

Since they won't be handbuilt anymore they should be a lot less expensive right?

WingZ said:
Since they won't be handbuilt anymore they should be a lot less expensive right?

Who said they won't be handbuilt?

Even if they are not, I still think they will be that expensive. They will still be a very low volume car and they will not share many if any other parts with their other cars.

NetViper said:
Who said they won't be handbuilt?

Even if they are not, I still think they will be that expensive. They will still be a very low volume car and they will not share many if any other parts with their other cars.

I've heard it mentioned a couple of times or maybe that was just the HSC. You think Honda will price another car that high after the lack of volume sales on the NSX? The HSC ( which Honda should still make as a Cayman killer:biggrin: ) was supposedly to be priced in the sixties.

WingZ said:
I've heard it mentioned a couple of times or maybe that was just the HSC. You think Honda will price another car that high after the lack of volume sales on the NSX? The HSC ( which Honda should still make as a Cayman killer:biggrin: ) was supposedly to be priced in the sixties.

Well, all we really know is that car will have a V10 engine. I haven't seen any cars on the market with V10's for less than 90K.

NetViper said:
Well, all we really know is that car will have a V10 engine. I haven't seen any cars on the market with V10's for less than 90K.

True ,but maybe that's because there's no Honda V10 on the market:wink:

You guys have it all wrong, there gone to build the HSC believe me, they (Honda) have spent to much money on the prototype, and they been testing in Iran that’s why there’s no photos of it. :biggrin:

Ps Wing Z love the Iraq thing funny stuff :tongue:

Last edited:
I forgot to add that they won't be hand built. Sorry guys.

Black 94 #400 said:
You guys have it all wrong, there gone to build the HSC believe me, they (Honda) have spent to much money on the prototype, and they been testing in Iran that’s why there’s no photos of it. :biggrin:

I totally agree. Honda's got the right shape..now throw in the NA V-10 and be done with it already.

here's the red one...

Attachments

• hs 1.gif
    hs 1.gif
    90.6 KB · Views: 315
NetViper said:

More like ~500hp V10 & ~320-350hp V6.

I HOPEEE that the 3.6 v6 will be something affordable... Maybe around 45 or 50? That would be nice:smile:

Apparently they are testing the Red one on another planet. No wonder we don't have any spyshots.:biggrin: :biggrin:

White92 said:
they are both front engine, V-10's and will no longer carry the NSX name

so I guess all those would be NSX buyers have to look at the audi R8 now? Front engine is a deal killer for me.

Maxime said:
More like ~500hp V10 & ~320-350hp V6.

I think the chances of a 2008 V-10 NSX are about as great as monkeys exiting from my anal area.

2008 is like next year people! Maybe maybe 2009 but 2008 is just too soon with no official news recently. I can't see it happening.

Interesting thought...perhaps the 3.6L V-6 is the engine they had been developing for the 2003 HSC. When they scrapped the HSC project they may still have had a ton of R & D on that motor and too much to waste.

Honda's got to put a hell of a car out there since by 2009 Ferrari will be moving towards the F430 successor and who knows where the Gallardo successor will be. A 450hp V-10 might not cut it by then...might need to squeeze 500hp out of it which should be no problem for a 4.5L Honda V-10 though. Unless by some miracle they keep it at 2900 lbs. I'd really like to see a quality F1 transmission as well.

The 3.6L (320-350hp) might be a good idea as an option. How about the 3.6L turbo (380-425hp) as the Type-S? Make the 500hp V-10 version the true Type-R and sell in in N. America. Vance will be happy!

Back