• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did you all see this!?

In 1990 ( i.e. more than 16 years ago ) honda was able to get 90 hp / L,

I just can't believe they will just get 350 hp in a 3,6 L engine. We must at very least consider they will pump out 110 hp / L and more likely: over 120 hp / L.

So with a 3,6 L version: 400 hp

and for the 5,0 L: over 550 hp

which could be sufficient if curb weight will be maintained:

under 2800 lbs ...

By this time ( 2009 ), 500 hp will be considered only as fair / average in supercars standards ...

NSXGMS said:
I think the chances of a 2008 V-10 NSX are about as great as monkeys exiting from my anal area.

2008 is like next year people! Maybe maybe 2009 but 2008 is just too soon with no official news recently. I can't see it happening.

Interesting thought...perhaps the 3.6L V-6 is the engine they had been developing for the 2003 HSC. When they scrapped the HSC project they may still have had a ton of R & D on that motor and too much to waste.

Honda's got to put a hell of a car out there since by 2009 Ferrari will be moving towards the F430 successor and who knows where the Gallardo successor will be. A 450hp V-10 might not cut it by then...might need to squeeze 500hp out of it which should be no problem for a 4.5L Honda V-10 though. Unless by some miracle they keep it at 2900 lbs. I'd really like to see a quality F1 transmission as well.

The 3.6L (320-350hp) might be a good idea as an option. How about the 3.6L turbo (380-425hp) as the Type-S? Make the 500hp V-10 version the true Type-R and sell in in N. America. Vance will be happy!

Dude you know they won't give us an "R" model. I'm glad you guys have such high hopes. I honestly just want an HSC even if it's a V6:eek:

Honda is constantly showing us that they're not thinking about doing another sportscar no matter what we say. I want to believe White92 ,but some spy camera guy somewhere should've caught something. What would it hurt Honda if pics got out that they were/are actually working on something?

effer said:
In 1990 ( i.e. more than 16 years ago ) honda was able to get 90 hp / L,

I just can't believe they will just get 350 hp in a 3,6 L engine. We must at very least consider they will pump out 110 hp / L and more likely: over 120 hp / L.

So with a 3,6 L version: 400 hp

and for the 5,0 L: over 550 hp

which could be sufficient if curb weight will be maintained:

under 2800 lbs ...

By this time ( 2009 ), 500 hp will be considered only as fair / average in supercars standards ...

I basically agree but 2800 lbs isn't going to happen. The technology required for that figure would push the cost of the car well beyond where it needs to be.

As we all know Honda's philosophy has never been supremacy by overpowering the competition. The F430 now has 483bhp and that's true by most accounts unlike Ferrari's past HP claims. The successor should have around 525 or so and if Honda can even come close to 500hp with a 9,000 rpm redline and a great power band they'll have a competitive car to the F430 successor and even a 600hp Z07 whose power is in the low end.

WingZ said:
Dude you know they won't give us an "R" model. I'm glad you guys have such high hopes. I honestly just want an HSC even if it's a V6:eek:

Honda is constantly showing us that they're not thinking about doing another sportscar no matter what we say. I want to believe White92 ,but some spy camera guy somewhere should've caught something. What would it hurt Honda if pics got out that they were/are actually working on something?

Come on, a guy can dream can't he?? :biggrin:

Anyways I think Honda is shooting themselves in the foot by being so secretive. It's ridiculous for the Prez to come out and make the statements that he has and then treat it like the Manhattan project. I don't understand it at all. Does Honda actually want to sell these cars? To people other than Prime members? :rolleyes:

NSXGMS said:
I basically agree but 2800 lbs isn't going to happen. The technology required for that figure would push the cost of the car well beyond where it needs to be.

As we all know Honda's philosophy has never been supremacy by overpowering the competition. The F430 now has 483bhp and that's true by most accounts unlike Ferrari's past HP claims. The successor should have around 525 or so and if Honda can even come close to 500hp with a 9,000 rpm redline and a great power band they'll have a competitive car to the F430 successor and even a 600hp Z07 whose power is in the low end.

I agree! Honda is all about efficiency!

Now that new NSXs have all been sold from Acura Dealers, be prepared for Honda to show a near production "concept" NSX this year, likely even in the Detroit Auto show in January.

In a few short years, we will peak out with the Hp wars. The numbers are crazy these days. Will we still be satisfied with 1000Hp Bugatti? The Enzo replacement will be at 800 Hp. Its just too much, especially in a street car.

Honda will make a V10, but will chase the Hp game with restraint. Guys wishing for over 500Hp NSX should look to a marque that knows how to stroke a buyer ego with Horsepower while neglecting social responsibility. A 400HP V6 NSX at 3100 lbs is more than plenty and will out handle the F430 replacement. Remember that the 911 GT3 is 3100 lbs with a 415 hp flat 6. If only the GT3 had a mid-engine layout.

A V10 is only for bragging rights. Besides, with the unbalanced nature of the V10, it will probably sound like two inline 5-cylinder UPS trucks running side by side. Just kidding...

Let's get back to basics. How about a Honda version of the Elise or retain the current NSX/ HSC theme. Honda won't make an Enzo nor a Carrera GT sports car. That form of excess is not in Honda blood.

V10 combined with SH-AWD using non-carbon fiber technolgoy will be approaching 3400 lbs. Faaa that....give me a sports car I can fling around.

NSXGMS said:
Come on, a guy can dream can't he?? :biggrin:

Anyways I think Honda is shooting themselves in the foot by being so secretive. It's ridiculous for the Prez to come out and make the statements that he has and then treat it like the Manhattan project. I don't understand it at all. Does Honda actually want to sell these cars? To people other than Prime members? :rolleyes:

Hey I think we're all dreaming here...LoL

Yeah apparently even engineers at Honda were shaking their heads at his statement especially since F1 was moving to V8.

For you hp guys Hondas not the company for you:smile: You can tell by the NSX and S2000 that hp is not what they think when they think sportscars or anything else for that matter. Maybe they'll change ,but it just doesn't look that way.

Honda likes to sell cars and their sportscars don't sell very well so no priority on sportscars from Honda:frown:

Silver F16 said:
Now that new NSXs have all been sold from Acura Dealers, be prepared for Honda to show a near production "concept" NSX this year, likely even in the Detroit Auto show in January...

Hopefully from your fingers to God's eyes, down to Honda, and on the floor. :)

Black 94 #400 said:
Very nice, I'll take my in white as usually, it get's hot here in Florida :biggrin:

Thanks,

How about ..No paint!

Polished Alum...

Note slightly extended rear end. IMO this looks better, proportionally and keeping long/sleek look of original.

Attachments

• Alum 5.jpg
    Alum 5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 130
  • 14.gif
    14.gif
    45.4 KB · Views: 165
  • nsx r.gif
    nsx r.gif
    57 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
WingZ said:
Hey I think we're all dreaming here...LoL

Yeah apparently even engineers at Honda were shaking their heads at his statement especially since F1 was moving to V8.

For you hp guys Hondas not the company for you:smile: You can tell by the NSX and S2000 that hp is not what they think when they think sportscars or anything else for that matter. Maybe they'll change ,but it just doesn't look that way.

Honda likes to sell cars and their sportscars don't sell very well so no priority on sportscars from Honda:frown:

True but they are left with all the technology from all those years. The V-8 era in F1 is in its infancy. The V-8s will eventually be as powerful as the v-10s.

I agree Honda isn't about hp per se but I believe they are hp conscious. The C30 produced 25% more hp than any other V-6 at the time. 270hp was plenty--it was only 10% less than the F348 and that's using Ferrari's quoted hp figure of 300 which is a joke . Unfortunately the NSX really needed 290 by 1994--not 1997. Even in 1994 the mighty Supra TT only had 320 stock hp. The 300ZX and VR-4 only ever had 300hp and 320hp through 2001 respectively.

If they can come within 10% of the F430 successor which should have around 525hp (~475 hp) which should be a piece of cake for a Honda 4.5L V-10 (~106hp/liter) they will be more than competitive in the power area.

I don't see how the V-10 could be less than 4.5L and we know that 120hp/L is attainable. It doesn't make sense that their V-10 will have less than 450hp in any form.

WingZ said:
I've heard it mentioned a couple of times or maybe that was just the HSC. You think Honda will price another car that high after the lack of volume sales on the NSX? The HSC ( which Honda should still make as a Cayman killer:biggrin: ) was supposedly to be priced in the sixties.

The world has changed a lot in 16 years.....$90K aint that much anymore. The new Z06 is in the 70s......911 with options is up there. I would be fine with honda doing a $120K hand made exotic as a new NSX. Not out of line with the competition which to me would be F-Cars and L-Cars not Skylines and such....Steve

They need to make the V10 with 7 speed F-1 paddle shift or manual, sh-awd, racing lsd standard, monster brembo brakes, carbon-fiber monocoque chassis, and reliable. :biggrin:

ediddynsx said:
They need to make the V10 with 7 speed F-1 paddle shift or manual, sh-awd, racing lsd standard, monster brembo brakes, carbon-fiber monocoque chassis, and reliable. :biggrin:

This sounds like a Japanese version of the Bugatti.

needspeed said:
The world has changed a lot in 16 years.....$90K aint that much anymore. The new Z06 is in the 70s......911 with options is up there. I would be fine with honda doing a $120K hand made exotic as a new NSX. Not out of line with the competition which to me would be F-Cars and L-Cars not Skylines and such....Steve

With the exception of when the 91 NSX selling for over sticker ( $100K for a couple of cars ) I don't think enough people will be willing to pay $120k for a Honda. Not that it wouldn't be worth it. Heck most on prime even say they would wait to get one used and these are devoted followers. The new entry level Aston is around that price ,but has the name Aston for that $120k. Everyone talks about all the great stuff they want in the next Nsx (or NSX replacement ) ,but too few will buy it. We're the most dedicated NSX site out there ,but if Honda followed our site they wouldn't make a new Nsx for that much money. They priced the orginal Nsx and the Hsc at the right price for Honda lovers. People expect Honda to make a car perform like $120K and sell for $50-60k.

WingZ said:
With the exception of when the 91 NSX selling for over sticker ( $100K for a couple of cars ) I don't think enough people will be willing to pay $120k for a Honda. ...

The new entry level Aston is around that price ,but has the name Aston for that $120k.

Humm... There will be always two kind of people:

those who buy in fonction of image and brand name

and those who buy in fonction of intrinsic value.

In the bunch of people belonging to the second category, there is two kind of buyers:

those who are willing to pay full or over sticker price

and those who are enough patient to wait and to buy it under sticker price and thus attracted to get the same product while saving substantial money.

If Honda offers a sportscar marvel @ more than 500 hp and under 2850 lbs curb weight, it will absolutely sell!!!

Swift said:
People expect Honda to make a car perform like $120K and sell for $50-60k.

In 1990, they introduced a car that performed better than one like a Testarossa price selling at a price well under of a 328 one.

And I believe it is still possible to do it again...

Swift said:
People expect Honda to make a car perform like $120K and sell for $50-60k.

Bingo.:smile:[/QUOTE]

Swift...you my friend have the hottest avatar on Prime...drool!

effer said:
Humm... There will be always two kind of people:

those who buy in fonction of image and brand name

and those who buy in fonction of intrinsic value.

In the bunch of people belonging to the second category, there is two kind of buyers:

those who are willing to pay full or over sticker price

and those who are enough patient to wait and to buy it under sticker price and thus attracted to get the same product while saving substantial money.

If Honda offers a sportscar marvel @ more than 500 hp and under 2850 lbs curb weight, it will absolutely sell!!!

No offense ,but the NSX did sell it was just a sales failure. Can we honestly expect Honda to do this just to lose money again? People tend to forget that the Nsx made it's mark by it's civilty and reliabilty when no one else in the exotic market was doing that. Now that's common place (well not fully reliable ,but better than they were:biggrin: ) .

Honestly now how many guys here are going to drop the $120k for this new marvel of more than 500hp and under 2900lbs?

I suspect I will pony up with a check. As long as it's mid engine.

I am excited to think about how new technology will really make this car sing. AND,,if Honda does it right, and they probably will, it will be in style for another 15 years.. now that's value.. Just can't figure out what I want to do with my "old NSX"...can't part with it..love it too much.

Option B-will be the new Aston Martin V-8..if the NSX is delayed. Same price point. But WAY different ride.

But I've waited this long and the best news is my wife says "go for it". :smile:

AC

WingZ said:
No offense ,but the NSX did sell it was just a sales failure. Can we honestly expect Honda to do this just to lose money again? People tend to forget that the Nsx made it's mark by it's civilty and reliabilty when no one else in the exotic market was doing that. Now that's common place (well not fully reliable ,but better than they were:biggrin: ) .

Honestly now how many guys here are going to drop the $120k for this new marvel of more than 500hp and under 2900lbs?

There have been many threads since the news that the NSX would be discontinued after 2005. You may have seen them. Many have titles like "How Honda Failed the NSX."

Well, that's exactly what happened. A global recession basically coinciding with the release of the NSX coupled with Honda's lack of properly updating and marketing the NSX caused it to become an eventual "failure." The consumers didn't fail the NSX--Honda did.

The price of the new NSX can be predicted, IMO, by the price of Ferrari's equivalent model. In 1990 the NSX sold for ~67% of the F348's ~$90K MSRP. That would be about ~$128,000 based on the F430s ~$195K approximate MSRP.

And I think Honda would be in real good shape with 500hp, 2900lbs, good F1 tranny, SH-AWD and ~$120-130K price. I think they could easily sell 3000-5000 units per year with the right marketing. Toyota is trying it with the LF-A at ~$150K+ so someone else thinks that market's worth tapping into.

NSXGMS said:
There have been many threads since the news that the NSX would be discontinued after 2005. You may have seen them. Many have titles like "How Honda Failed the NSX."

Well, that's exactly what happened. A global recession basically coinciding with the release of the NSX coupled with Honda's lack of properly updating and marketing the NSX caused it to become an eventual "failure." The consumers didn't fail the NSX--Honda did.

The price of the new NSX can be predicted, IMO, by the price of Ferrari's equivalent model. In 1990 the NSX sold for ~67% of the F348's ~$90K MSRP. That would be about ~$128,000 based on the F430s ~$195K approximate MSRP.

And I think Honda would be in real good shape with 500hp, 2900lbs, good F1 tranny, SH-AWD and ~$120-130K price. I think they could easily sell 3000-5000 units per year with the right marketing. Toyota is trying it with the LF-A at ~$150K+ so someone else thinks that market's worth tapping into.

Yeah I saw that thread and all it really does is reinforce the schizophrenia of this community ,plus show Honda why they shouldn't make another NSX for us. I actually believe I got a bargain when I bought my NSX new as used NSX's are just to expensive to me ( more than $20k for a used car just hurts to think about ) of course to each his own.

We keep comparing the first NSXs particulars to the Ferrari 348 ,but Honda didn't make the NSX as a 348 competitor. I mean the 348 came out one year before the NSX if Honda was using a Ferrari as a target it would've targeted the 328 GTS which it clearly didn't. So that comparison doesn't hold water to me. We lose sight when we want the next NSX to be a Ferrari competitor when the first NSX wasn't and what I mean by that is Honda made the best exotic they could not just a Japanese Ferrari knockoff people who view it as such just didin't get it. From what I can see Honda clearly was using the NSX as it's own yardstick. Ferrari and Porsche needed to make better cars because of the NSX not vice versa. Did they catch up "hell ya" ,but look at how much that catch up costs! If I was baller rich I wouldn't be comparing an NSX to Ferrari I would just buy what I want ( hey do you rich guys comparison shop? :biggrin: ) ,but since I'm not the only new affordable( to me ) mid engine exotic was the NSX.

Oh man if Honda was using the NSX as the yardstick for the HSC what a great car that would've been...drool. Sadly most people just want a poor mans Ferrari instead of Hondas best....tsk tsk tsk how sad:frown:

Back