• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did you all see this!?

WingZ said:
Yeah I saw that thread and all it really does is reinforce the schizophrenia of this community ,plus show Honda why they shouldn't make another NSX for us. I actually believe I got a bargain when I bought my NSX new as used NSX's are just to expensive to me ( more than $20k for a used car just hurts to think about ) of course to each his own.

We keep comparing the first NSXs particulars to the Ferrari 348 ,but Honda didn't make the NSX as a 348 competitor. I mean the 348 came out one year before the NSX if Honda was using a Ferrari as a target it would've targeted the 328 GTS which it clearly didn't. So that comparison doesn't hold water to me. We lose sight when we want the next NSX to be a Ferrari competitor when the first NSX wasn't and what I mean by that is Honda made the best exotic they could not just a Japanese Ferrari knockoff people who view it as such just didin't get it. From what I can see Honda clearly was using the NSX as it's own yardstick. Ferrari and Porsche needed to make better cars because of the NSX not vice versa. Did they catch up "hell ya" ,but look at how much that catch up costs! If I was baller rich I wouldn't be comparing an NSX to Ferrari I would just buy what I want ( hey do you rich guys comparison shop? :biggrin: ) ,but since I'm not the only new affordable( to me ) mid engine exotic was the NSX.

Oh man if Honda was using the NSX as the yardstick for the HSC what a great car that would've been...drool. Sadly most people just want a poor mans Ferrari instead of Hondas best....tsk tsk tsk how sad:frown:

Ferrari will never be truly "competitive" with any Honda product. This has been discussed before. We've shown how even though Ferrari puts out a clearly inferior, overpriced product it will still sell regardless of what anyone else, including Honda, does.

No doubt Honda was building the best car they could for Honda. But the nature of the sports car world is relative performance and value. Right now the F430 goes around the track faster than any other ME car in its class. That's important because it becomes the yardstick by which everyone uses whether they're conscious of it or not.

Both Honda and Ferrari participate in Formula One to an equal degree and therefore it's conceivable that their philosophy and products are going to be similar.

I think you're ignoring the nature of the sports car world which is inherently comparison based. I don't believe that Honda is trying to "beat" the F430 but they must certainly be analyzing it. Why is the ZO6 so great? Relative performance and pricing. I believe GM built the ZO6 for GM but they knew where they stood.

NSXGMS said:
Ferrari will never be truly "competitive" with any Honda product. This has been discussed before. We've shown how even though Ferrari puts out a clearly inferior, overpriced product it will still sell regardless of what anyone else, including Honda, does.

No doubt Honda was building the best car they could for Honda. But the nature of the sports car world is relative performance and value. Right now the F430 goes around the track faster than any other ME car in its class. That's important because it becomes the yardstick by which everyone uses whether they're conscious of it or not.

Both Honda and Ferrari participate in Formula One to an equal degree and therefore it's conceivable that their philosophy and products are going to be similar.

I think you're ignoring the nature of the sports car world which is inherently comparison based. I don't believe that Honda is trying to "beat" the F430 but they must certainly be analyzing it. Why is the ZO6 so great? Relative performance and pricing. I believe GM built the ZO6 for GM but they knew where they stood.

Oh no I'm not ignoring it it's just not my primary focus when I wish Honda would make another sports car. I still don't believe another NSX is on the way. I mean how can a car come out it two years and no prototypes driving around. I guess I'm not that anxious as the NSX and S2000 keep me very entertained:biggrin:

WingZ said:
Oh no I'm not ignoring it it's just not my primary focus when I wish Honda would make another sports car. I still don't believe another NSX is on the way. I mean how can a car come out it two years and no prototypes driving around. I guess I'm not that anxious as the NSX and S2000 keep me very entertained:biggrin:

I think you're right about that. I've said before that other than some very vague comments about a V-10 that have only been repeated once over the past year there is absolutely no evidence to suggest an new NSX.

I don't consider the NSX a failure but from a sales & business standpoint I would totally understand Honda never again producing another car like the NSX.

I stand by Honda's comments that there will be an NSX successor and it will have a V-10. I stand by that because, simply put, it's the best, most accurate information we have. More accurate than any car mag or any "insider" working in a design studio, etc.

I've stated before that I'm highly doubtful any NSX replacement will debut before 2009. Honda has shown us absolutely nothing and 2009 is closer than we think. It might happen but not until at least 2010. We need to accept that. If we hear nothing next year than push that up to 2011. :rolleyes:

NSXGMS said:
And I think Honda would be in real good shape with 500hp, 2900lbs, good F1 tranny, SH-AWD and ~$120-130K price. I think they could easily sell 3000-5000 units per year with the right marketing. Toyota is trying it with the LF-A at ~$150K+ so someone else thinks that market's worth tapping into.

I'll bet anyone a bundle of cash that if it's AWD it won't weigh anywhere near 2900 lbs....dry or wet.

3000-5000 units a year, for basically a Honda-badged Benz? No way. Maybe 1000 worldwide a year, if they're damn lucky.

LF-A won't be a sportscar. Honda needs a true successor to the NSX. No front engine. No all wheel drive. No battery assist b.s. And no targeting GT cars that weigh 2 tons and up. They need to start thinking along the lines of their F1 program, and along the same lines as 1985 when the plans for NSX I were initially on the table.

MoreRPMs said:
I'll bet anyone a bundle of cash that if it's AWD it won't weigh anywhere near 2900 lbs....dry or wet.

3000-5000 units a year, for basically a Honda-badged Benz? No way. Maybe 1000 worldwide a year, if they're damn lucky.

LF-A won't be a sportscar. Honda needs a true successor to the NSX. No front engine. No all wheel drive. No battery assist b.s. And no targeting GT cars that weigh 2 tons and up. They need to start thinking along the lines of their F1 program, and along the same lines as 1985 when the plans for NSX I were initially on the table.

I didn't say that's what I think Honda will produce, only that if they did produce a car with those specs they would be sucessful.

Also I don't think the LF-A is anything close to the NSX. I was speaking strictly in terms of brand and marketing. If any car is a ___-badged Benz it's the LF-A. It will certainly be a sports car and a GT but it won't be a "performance" car. People complaining about $90K for a 2005 NSX or $125K for an NSX successor will be quite shocked when that $150K+ Toyota comes out. There's a car that will sell far less than 1000 units/year.

And yes, if Honda put the same amount of effort into the new NSX as they did originally they would end up with the car they need to make. If they don't do it properly than they shouldn't do it at all. I don't want anything but a pure mid-engined F1-inspired performance car.

NSXGMS said:
I don't want anything but a pure mid-engined F1-inspired performance car.

Agree 100%, as I'm sure do all the enthusiasts on here. It just looks more and more like Honda's not going in that direction.

Funny how this is almost always how these threads die..LoL

MoreRPMs said:
Agree 100%, as I'm sure do all the enthusiasts on here. It just looks more and more like Honda's not going in that direction.

You say that, based on what? Honda has specifically said that the NSX successor is on it's way - that's all that Honda has said. Specifics please, or is everyone on this forum rehashing magazine rumors?

Back