• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Discount Tire Jacked up my rims!

Update

Met this morning with Discount Tire assistant vice president Bill Burnett.

He looked at my rims and said that some of the scratches might have been caused by their tools/machine. Bill was very attentive and fair. He gave me a $400 discount on the tires.

I guess, the next time I take my car anywhere for service, I take digital pictures with the service watching. Without evidence, it was just my word against the other person.

I am amazed at the great customer service response I got from Discount Tires from by bitching on this group.

GO NSXPRIME!!!

I recently had my rear tires swamped at a shop near my house. I first asked Discount Tire and they quoted me something like $80 to swamp them(bad camber=bald insides). On the way there, I stopped off at this small shop that sells wheels and tires. I talked to the owner, and he was a Porchse guy with a nice 996 with some wheels.
Before I got a price, he walked around and inspected the wheels carefully. Quoted me $40 bucks. I watched them work as I was talking to someone outside. They placed cardboard on the machines to avoid scratching the wheels. He also went as far as to wrap the socket with electrical tape so that they do not scratch anything. The guy really took care of me. It's this close attention to detail that makes me choose this shop now over Discount. I don't have anything against Discount, they are great, and I will continue to use them. Just not with mounting tires on my NSX. :)

Regards,
- Z

Back