• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DMS Performance intake manifold

This is great!

Just throwing out another option for some people who may not want the "raw" look. You can also polish/grind the welds for the smooth look. If I was in the market, i'd want to do that and paint it wrinkle black.

I've been discussing with a few people about anodizing options are they are available, but will be for a price. I think this piece wouldn't look bad at all a black color. The piece is brushed aluminum now and the brush does pop through the anodizing which looks pretty neat.

I've been getting a few requests for more pictures so here are a couple more that are relevant to how everything is presented once it is installed. Again, this is just my setup and you can install things a little differently if you wish. Take note to where my IAC and Igniter are mounted.

I have been reading through the posts, i see this uses -8an fittings for the fuel rails.

Are you offering a complete package with everything needed, including fuel lines and fitting to connect to factory/Walbro fuel pumps?

Will you be offering complete install instructions?

any updates on installation with LoveFab brace?

will it work with ID injectors?

Turbo guys, would we need to get our charge pipes modified to fit? Shortened, raised, bigger etc.

Price wise, Throttle cable guys seem to be getting a sweet deal as it includes a throttle body for the same price which surely is worth $$$ alone. Would it be cheaper for DBW guys or will you be offering an aftermarket throttle body for us?

Slightly off track, i see that your Infinity kit comes with a DBW throttle body, not entirely sure why, would this fit on the this intake manifold? Would you offer a complete package price with discount for both infinity and intake manifold?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have been reading through the posts, i see this uses -8an fittings for the fuel rails.

Are you offering a complete package with everything needed, including fuel lines and fitting to connect to factory/Walbro fuel pumps?

Will you be offering complete install instructions?

any updates on installation with LoveFab brace?

will it work with ID injectors?

Turbo guys, would we need to get our charge pipes modified to fit? Shortened, raised, bigger etc.

Price wise, Throttle cable guys seem to be getting a sweet deal as it includes a throttle body for the same price which surely is worth $$$ alone. Would it be cheaper for DBW guys or will you be offering an aftermarket throttle body for us?

Slightly off track, i see that your Infinity kit comes with a DBW throttle body, not entirely sure why, would this fit on the this intake manifold? Would you offer a complete package price with discount for both infinity and intake manifold?

Thanks.

The rails do come with the manifold package and I supply the adapter fittings to -6 or -8 if you are already running aftermarket fuel lines. I do not make this work with the factory fuel lines, but it is very easy for the installer to make it work, who should be a professional. If the fuel injectors are for the NSX, then they will fit this manifold. Pretty much any Honda injector will work with this manifold as well; the only difference being shims or spacers for the fuel rail.
Charge pipes or intake will need to be remade or retrofit. The throttle body guys get a billet TB, but the DBW guys get a throttle body adapter to make the OEM one work. If the AEM Infinity is to be part of the package, then for the DBW guys I supply the throttle body. The reason is that the Infinity cannot control the factory throttle body. I do offer discounts if multiple items are purchased at once. The Lovefab brace SHOULD fit if it is the supercharger one that mimics the brace from Comptech for the targa. I cannot confirm 100 percent as I am only going off of measurements at this stage, but can confirm it does work with the targa SC brace from Comptech. A decent fabricator can make different braces fit, and I would be happy to modify any brace here if it was sent to me. I contemplated making braces for this manifold as an option, but the low interest in the manifold at present doesn't make fiscal sense.

Last edited:
I have done an initial test fit on the gen 2 version and everything fits perfect without alteration. I will pass this info on to the manufacturer to produce the first batch of manifolds. Until then, this baby will be dyno tested and I'm expecting better results from this version than the first. I have much cleaning up to do with this engine bay to make it more presentable and done right before it's buttoned up. Results to come soon :)

I will be doing a back to back test on this forced induction NSX with Lovefab LF1200 kit. I will be doing a baseline first with the stock intake manifold and AEM Infinity then the DMS manifold goes on and will be tested with the same boost pressure. Results to follow very soon.

What happened to the results of this car after the DMS manifold was installed? results after adding AEM Infinity were great BTW...

Took a ride to drop off a few parts and actually meet up with Justin today, as I had the car shipped to his facility for my modifications. Seeing his work in the pictures he posts up definitely do not do him justice in any way. His work is impeccable and after having been to several other shops, I can finally say that I have found the right person to work on my car. His attention to detail far surpasses anything I have experienced to date.

I am looking forward and actually excited to seeing the car completed and brought up to a level that it should have been at all along.

Thanks Justin!

took a trip as well to see (and hear) it for myself. Impressive. Been watching here as well, keep it goin Justin and thank you for your work
IMG_1211_zpse94eccf8.jpg

Great job, looks very good!! keep up the good work!!

For KALIFORNIA customers that want to minimize being flagged for "illegally" modified "stuff" it might be a good idea to offer it in matte black ceramic coated and/or power-coated wrinkle black finish on all of the after market metal. I did that to my RX7 and it saved my ass countless times. Same with the NSX.

For KALIFORNIA customers that want to minimize being flagged for "illegally" modified "stuff" it might be a good idea to offer it in matte black ceramic coated and/or power-coated wrinkle black finish on all of the after market metal. I did that to my RX7 and it saved my ass countless times. Same with the NSX.

Yeah, I stated earlier in this thread I can come up with some options for an additional cost. Up to the buyer though.

- - - Updated - - -

The results are in. Here are the graphs:

HP:

TQ:

This is a comparison (so far) of the vehicle when it was first brought to me before the goodies were added:

Boost was the same between 15psi and 16psi throughout the pull. Fuel used was 93 octane. Peak power jumped 43whp and although peak torque says the same, the torque curve has improved with gains in the 30-33 wtq toward top. The peak power gain was nearly 63whp at 7900 rpm. The power band has yet again shifted toward the top like I anticipated making it much broader and more usable. I added the last graph to show that since the vehicle has been here it has gained 95WHP with only a good tune and an intake manifold. I will update this thread again once this vehicle is tuned on E85 and more boost :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here is the video of the final pull today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnaenAaKleE

Last edited:
Justin, curious how the boost curve was affected by the manifold, and how much correction was needed to maintain your target 15-16psi.

It wasn't affected, not yet anyway and no correction. Closed loop isn't turned on ATM. I don't rely on such systems as a method of tuning; rather a method of contingency.

It was more a question of efficiency changes and the resultant pressure differentials, not tuning methods. Thanks, I was curious.

Ah, you should have specified. I did have to play with the duty because boost was affected and had to be brought back in line. I thought you were referring to closed loop correction.

Last edited:
The first batch of manifolds will be here soon. I will be taking more orders by the end of the week. If there is enough interest I should be able to reduce the price by $100-$200.

Back