• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do any of you plan on keeping the NSX forever?

This may sound corny, but I must tell at least one person per week that "the NSX is the best made, best engineered yet underappreciated production car of all time". All aluminum, mid-engined, legitimately hand-made, incredibly balanced, exotic looks, Honda reliability! 15,000 were made in a 15 year run, of which about 8000 made it to the US, so they are even exotic-car rare. It may have originally come with - aesthetically undersized wheels/tires, a bit too little power (for its other capabilities), or any of the other issues you here. These subjective "limitations" can be dealt with.

I have since added wheels/tires, CTSC (going hi-boost in 2 weeks), Header/exhaust, and type-r susp, 2002 brakes, and other tidbits. I have put about 15,000-20,000 miles on my 1991 daily driver since I have made these performance enhancements, and the car has never, and I mean never, skipped a beat. It dynos at 372 whp, probably can run a low to mid 12 sec quarter-mile (with someone better then me abusing the clutch), has unbelievably quick steering, incredible high-speed stability, still is perfectly reliable, and I cannot imagine on a balance any car I would rather drive every day for any price-point.

I will always own an NSX and hopefully this one!

I would also be one of those who thought forever but these days, I've been thinking of selling.

It also doesn't help that I haven't driven the car in well over a month due to my snowboarding accident.

I currently have a #1 spot for a new Audi R8. I have been preparing myself for a year now to sell my 00' NSX, and about everything else I own to get it. The closer I get to delivery the more I realize what a great car and great value I have in the NSX. This April's Automobile Magaizine featured the R8 on the cover did a nice follow up article on "What to consider if you can't afford the R8"...featuring the NSX as an alternative..."The Thinking Man's Exotic". I consider myself a thinking man...and no car I've owned has brought more satifaction than my NSX. Anyone want an R8?...msrp + of course!
Tim

Last edited:
I currently have a #1 spot for a new Audi R8. I have been preparing myself for a year now to sell my 00' NSX, and about everything else I own to get it. The closer I get to delivery the more I realize what a great car and great value I have in the NSX. This April's Automobile Magaizine featured the R8 on the cover did a nice follow up article on "What to consider if you can't afford the R8"...featuring the NSX as an alternative..."The Thinking Man's Exotic". I consider myself a thinking man...and no car I've owned has brought more satifaction than my NSX. Anyone want an R8?...msrp + of course!
Tim

I will be selling mine to buy a red with tan interior 98-01 in about a year. Let me know when you are ready to jump ship.

John

Well i didn't pick one up yet but when i do it will definitely be the car i take to my grave. If i do sell it, it will be for a newer style nsx.

I was on my 2nd NSX back in 04 (first one was a 91 Red/Ivory and the 2nd was an 02 Orange/Orange) and I traded it in on a Lamborghini Gallardo. I missed that NSX so much, I looked for a long time and now I have both a 05 Orange/Orange and a 06 G SE. I love both cars and will keep the NSX forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back