• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you think I could fit this engine in my Nsx?

The best engine swap EVER!

Notice anything?

100_6117.sized.jpg

100_6116.sized.jpg

100_6125_001.sized.jpg

100_6128.sized.jpg

100_6126.sized.jpg

Taken from another web site.

Ya'll remember Mohamed Bin Sulayem right? Well I met him today, him and his gorgeous SLK.
Here's what happened:
I was on my way home from school when I see an SLK wit two black patches on the hood. I was like "stickers". So I decided to check it out. After a fast lunch, I went to the house where it was parked. I get close and see that those black patches were actually the engine sticking out of the hood. I was like WTF? I was even more shocked when I read SLR on the engine. So I started snapping pics. When a Nissan Armada pulls up and who else but Bin Sulayem steps out of the house to get something from the Armada. Then he gets in the SLK and calls me to talk to him. At first I didnt recognise him, but he told me later on. My first reaction was to point speechless at the hood. He told me got the engine and put it in himself and changed the transmission, and it's a RWD. He said it had 615hp, and could go well over 350 km/h. He told me he had already been up to 320. He said it's a one of a kind, and that AMG are coming to Dubai just to see it.
The reason why he did such a crazy think was because all the other cars he has (Enzo, F50, F40, GT1, etc etc etc...) were undrivable in these streets cuz of all the traffic, so he settle with a SLK55 with an auto transmission, a comfy, easy ride in other words. But he wasnt happy with the power output...So hey, might as well drop an SLR engine into it...
Oh, and the sound...Mind blowing...
Crazy car...

omg thats totally sweet.....
wonder how many banks one needs to rob to get the cash to do that :biggrin:

That's pretty damn wild. However, I would like to ask. If you have that kind of scratch to put an SLR engine in an SLK, then why not put in a little more and get a hood that fits??? :confused:

It kinda looks cool, but also dumb at the same time..

Covering it up with a hood, would be like getting your wife a double D boob job and covering them up with a bra!!! Great car!!!!!!

ccns23 said:
That's pretty damn wild. However, I would like to ask. If you have that kind of scratch to put an SLR engine in an SLK, then why not put in a little more and get a hood that fits??? :confused:

It kinda looks cool, but also dumb at the same time..

Why not just buy and SLR? :confused:

prova4re said:
The best engine swap EVER!
[..]
But he wasnt happy with the power output...
[..]

Thats insane. I drove a SLK 55 AMG about a month ago and i was blown away by the power of that little car. But well if you're used to drive an Enzo the demands increase :eek:

HOLY F!!! I'VE NEVER SEEM THIS BEFORE.... IT'S TRUELY ONE OF A KIND! :eek:

bodypainter said:
I guess he wanted a convertible.

He must have wanted it REALLY bad! :smile:

Back