• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drove a Ferrari 360 today...

thats what the dealer at the symbolic motors la jolla, ca told me. He said the 30k svc valve adjustment, and other engine stuff itself was around $8k, then you add other stuff clutch, tires etc.

I just picked up an 05 GT3 and the car is a blast. it is faster than my 355. The GT2 is a great car also, however, more like 135k for a low mile used one.

vince

SteveT, yes I went to Lam of Dallas. Why?

VDavie, can you expound on the GT3 more? Is it by far and away a better, more involving visceral experience than the NSX or Ferraris?

sure, i'll try to stay away from which car is better, the NSX or GT3, last time i did the, my 355 and my NSX i got killed. The GT3 is a drivers car, i have a 73 rs i had sent from Italy and its a lot like that car in a lot of ways. I only have 100 miles on the car so i have not opened it up yet. The steering is VERY tight, the motor does not sound like the other million porsches you hear on the road, very deep. Even at idle, you can tell somethings up. The suspension is very tight, as a matter of fact if you drive up the driveway at an angle on most cars one wheels kinda drops at a time, not with the GT3 they both will not flex. Does that make sense? a friend has a GT2, we are going to trade cars for a few days so it should be fun. For the money the car is a good car, they only shipped 100 of them to the US.

vince

Hey Evoking that is cool that you are up in Frisco. It always cool to have guys in the same town as you. I live in Dallas not Frisco but not far from there.

The 360 is the highest selling Ferrari ever produced, selling about 3500 units a year. The Ferrari 360 CS, IMO, is a different beast than a 360 Modena, but my preference still lies with the F355.

However, based off the original post in this thread, if you are going to wait 2 years, pick up the F430. 90 more HP than the 360, the steering wheel mounted traction control system (manettino), and better handling makes for a better car overall.

Today I was lucky enough to be handed the keys to a Ferrari 360 Modena (6-speed) and was set loose to go for a drive by myself. All I can say is, WOW!! That car is amazing. It is almost like the entire car was shot with a jolt of adrenaline. Everything on the car is instant.....power...throttle response...lane changes....EVERYTHING!! That and the fact that the car is a rolling work of art made for an interesting drive. Sometimes life smiles at you, and today was one of those days. :D

NetViper said:
Must be nice, it took a crap on me today. :frown:

Bummer... que pasa?

Back