• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno rating of stock NSX?

Hi i just went for dyno few weeks ago, and am wondering how much u guys got. I only modified intake, exhaust, headers and test pipes and got about 257hp (91)nsx

It's typically around 235 hp or so.

I bet if you put the catalytic converter back on, your dyno reading would not go down... (which means you're polluting the environment for nothing). Try it and see.

Several stock early model Xs (3.0s) were dynoed at NSteXpo back in June and the bone stock cars were going out at between mid 220s and low to mid 230s in RWHP. From my understanding from the dyno owner, you typically loose approximately 15-18% from the flywheel rating to the rear wheels. So, I would agree with Ken on the 235 number based on my observations.

Where did you go dyno at? how much did it cost you, if you dont mind me asking...

257 rwhp are great number though..

i am kinda curious about the rwhp number, i've been to SF/SJ NSX group dyno a few years ago, no one got above 255 rwhp.. Almost all are lower than 245 rwhp. Unless they have some kinda force induction..

-jjc.
red nsx 6spds
blk supra 6spds

happy2 said:
Hi i just went for dyno few weeks ago, and am wondering how much u guys got. I only modified intake, exhaust, headers and test pipes and got about 257hp (91)nsx

Hi, i went to carbconn in kirkland, few weeks ago with the s2k club. Mine was nothing compared to those with the CT SC. :( I paid roughly $81. Might go there again since i forgot to take the complimentary CD.:D I used an HKS intake, DCsports headers, Comptech test pipes and Taitec JGTC parallel center exit exhaust, don't know if it's reasonable. 260hp for stock makes me want a 3.2l:(

Last edited:
My '92 has 103k miles and a few weeks ago it did 234hp and 186ft/lbs on a Dynojet. Only mods were a dirty air filter(since replaced) and a Dinan chip.

It is no secret that some NSXes are stronger than others. Take my black one and red one for example: Given the same mileage, my black one can chirp the tires in first gear whenever I step on the gas abruptly, and goes sideway from a first to second shift anytime I want, as opposed to "occasionally" on the old red one.

Last edited:
NSX/MR2 said:
It is no secret that some NSXes are stronger than others.
That's true. Stock five-speeds have been dynoed as low as 220 rwhp and as high as 241 rwhp. Most will be somewhere around 235, and differences of more than a few hp are not very common.

nsxtasy said:
That's true. Stock five-speeds have been dynoed as low as 220 rwhp and as high as 241 rwhp. Most will be somewhere around 235, and differences of more than a few hp are not very common.

Is there a reason for this? Better ownership care, etc.?:confused:

nsxtasy said:
I was very pleased during our dyno day in Ohio when my stock 91 put out 246 peak HP. This was just slightly less than the 3.2 1997 NSX that was there with 249 HP. Of course the torque curves were different.

Bob

nsxtasy said:
AFAIK they are due to differences when the cars left the factory, not in anything done since.

Well, I certianly hope my car was one of those "nice baches" of NSXs with that extra umph. I have not had the opportunity to dyno my NSX. I will certainly do so at my earliest convenience. But, even is she is sluggish on the dyno, She's still my baby.:D

Back