• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Results 2-24-10

Coz

Legendary Member
Finally got the car on the Dyno at Autowave before taking it out on the track..
13 lbs of boost

Another Great job by Mike and Shane building and tuning the motor at Autowave....

Attachments

• Dyno 2-24-10.jpg
    Dyno 2-24-10.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Outstanding! Are you going on the NSX run up to Prescott?

Thx...yes, as long as the weather is good, I planned on going..

Outstanding! Are you going on the NSX run up to Prescott?

Cool see ya there.

What are you running in that turbo kit that produced those numbers for yeah? What else is strapped to the engine to help out? BTW I like the paint scheme you are going to run the wide body as well......jealous :biggrin:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

FXMD-spec GT35R Turbo system
A2W intercooler
Tial Blowoff Valve
Tial Wastegate
Baffled Oil Pan
Accusump 3qt
External Oil Cooler
FXMD Custom Intake Manifold
Over-bored Throttle Body
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
AEM Methanol Injection
CT Modifed Headers
Twin-Canister Burns Stainless Mufflers
AEM Stand Alone ECU

Thanks...been a lot of work getting to this point.
Under full boost, intake temps are just below 100 degrees with the methanol injection. Which was added for more safety and protection in mind than wanting more power.

What are you running in that turbo kit that produced those numbers for yeah? What else is strapped to the engine to help out? BTW I like the paint scheme you are going to run the wide body as well......jealous :biggrin:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
Thanks Devin...
As I think you know already, I am running a AEM stand alone and AEM Methanol kit :)
Wish you guys had a 2.5 gallon tank for the methanol :)

Very nice!

Last edited:
You should talk to Angus, he makes a custom methanol tank that fits in the spot where the toolbox is in the trunk. I'm not sure how big it is but I imagine it is BIGGER. :wink:

attachment.php

Last edited:
what is the temp difference when the methanole is running? waht the HP advantage? I am just curious as i have never used the meth but am seriously considering I dont like Laughing gas at all on a motor. I want the meth even without running the CTSC or turbo just for a little extra kick in the pants.

Damm Cozmo, that's nice...

I have AEM's 5 gallon tank...Just to big..The only other one they have is a 1 gallon, nothing in between.

Thanks for the tip on Angus.

You should talk to Angus, he makes a custom methanol tank that fits in the spot where the toolbox is in the trunk. I'm not sure how big it is but I imagine it is BIGGER. :wink:

With methanol under boost, my intake temps are under 100 degree's.

Not really sure of the HP advantage, it was never my goal to use methanol for added power. My goal was for added protection for a very costly motor build I can't afford to do again for awhile...
I use a 50/50 blend of methanol and distilled water.

what is the temp difference when the methanole is running? waht the HP advantage? I am just curious as i have never used the meth but am seriously considering I dont like Laughing gas at all on a motor. I want the meth even without running the CTSC or turbo just for a little extra kick in the pants.

Last edited:
understandable to the added protection it is deffinatly needed. I had a MR2 that I sold year and half ago that had a full custom setup with a t3/t4 and ran 638hp :biggrin: to the tires. I planned on meth but never got to it. I am enjoying the thread with your widebody as well, its nice to see that people still do alot of there own work on their cars and not just dealer queens. excellent job all around two thumbs up here :cool:

Thanks Soap....

MR2 at 638, LOL...man, talk about riding a rocket...I imagine that was more than 2 hands full.

I like what the methanol does. I can go out on the track and hammer it lap after lap, come into the paddock and put my hand on the throttle body air intake tube and it's as cold as ice. I have fail safes and warning lights also built into the AEM/SPA Gauges as well.

We've done most everything to the car except the actual motor build & I just helped on the turbo installation, everything else, my son Eric and I have done ourselves. It's way to expensive for me to just drop the car off somewhere and tell someone else to just do it. If I did that I couldn't afford to continue adding the mods I think it needs and then track it too.

Garage, Trailer and Dealer Queens are just not my thing, never have been. I built it to drive and that's what I will do until I can't drive it anymore. We take a lot of pride on working on my car ourselves and wouldn't have it any other way. Not to mention we both know my car inside and out by doing so.

Thanks for the thumbs up, it means a lot me that you appreciate the effort we've have put into it. Very cool :wink:

understandable to the added protection it is deffinatly needed. I had a MR2 that I sold year and half ago that had a full custom setup with a t3/t4 and ran 638hp :biggrin: to the tires. I planned on meth but never got to it. I am enjoying the thread with your widebody as well, its nice to see that people still do alot of there own work on their cars and not just dealer queens. excellent job all around two thumbs up here :cool:

Last edited:
Damm Cozmo, that's nice...

I have AEM's 5 gallon tank...Just to big..The only other one they have is a 1 gallon, nothing in between.

Thanks for the tip on Angus.

It isn't mine. It belongs to RichM. See post 307 here.

That methanol tank is very nice. I like the fact that it is in the middle of the trunk.

Last edited:
As I understand it now most Intercoolers, Meth/water injection, and sprays are more for cooling the charge air and less about added hp. It will help out some but it shouldn't the main reason you add that stuff.

After visiting the track I am a little dissappointed CT Engineering doesn't have a Air to Water Intercooler as part of the supercharger setup. That should come with it is how view things. That is the next part I buy. The charge air is soooo hot on those superchargers that you absolutely need something to cool the air.

Sorry for going off topic Coz.

No worries, it's all good...

My Whipple 2.3 SC had a custom inter-cooler set up. I ended up not using it and went with Methanol Injection instead.

SOS now sells a inter-cooler set up that I understand work very well.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ucts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Laminova_Intercooler/

As I understand it now most Intercoolers, Meth/water injection, and sprays are more for cooling the charge air and less about added hp. It will help out some but it shouldn't the main reason you add that stuff.

After visiting the track I am a little dissappointed CT Engineering doesn't have a Air to Water Intercooler as part of the supercharger setup. That should come with it is how view things. That is the next part I buy. The charge air is soooo hot on those superchargers that you absolutely need something to cool the air.

Thanks Soap....

MR2 at 638, LOL...man, talk about riding a rocket...I imagine that was more than 2 hands full.

Yeah it was white knuckle driving at its scariest! Handle great and I loved the car but it wasn’t something that I could drive regularly, it became unreliable at times.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
As for the appreciation for you and your son doing the work. I admire it for the work and knowledge you have for the car but as a son who has a dad who helped a lot as well your son will never forget it and it’s something you guys will always cherish :biggrin: OK no more sappy stuff!<o:p></o:p>

Yeah, you are right VegasSpeed that is my understanding of it as well. But, if it is something that I can get a little kick from (5-10hp) and extend my reliability when I am at the track then why not. Then again if I am not running the boost I don’t think that the intake temps are my biggest worry, and is probably more of a waste of money at that point. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I agree VegasSpeed I don’t see why CT engineering hasn’t come out with an A2W intercooler as well. If for nothing else ensure more confidence in the reliability of the system and even a little more bit as well. <o:p></o:p>

Back