• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emblem question

I had my 01 "A" emblem on the front bumper replace with an '02+
When they tried to put the new one on it wouldn't fit into the old holes, so they just raised it up a little so the lower parts of the "A" were covering the old holes.

Was this the right way to do it??
It looked fine to me and doesn't bother me any.

Is the slightly raised position over the old holes the way 02+ ones are any way, or on the 02+ bumper would the holes be in the same place.

The 02+ is bigger too, so its not really noticeable at all unless you're really anal if theirs is a difference, but the 01 can still be put back with none of the holes showing too :)

Last edited:
timothyaw said:
Do you have your car back yet??

should have had it back today, but they forgot to paint the front valance, so hopefully by the end of the week, or Monday :) woooooo

we need to go for a drive, but I have to be VERY careful not to damage the new paint till it cures and I can put the clear bra on!

common geeze 75 views and noone even has a clue or comment
grrr

Ahh you're getting a clear bra, smart man this timee around :wink: Sorry I have no clue about the emblem, hopefully someone will chime in at some point.
Who is doing your clear bra? Let me know when it's done. I'd like to check it out.

timothyaw said:
Ahh you're getting a clear bra, smart man this timee around :wink: Sorry I have no clue about the emblem, hopefully someone will chime in at some point.
Who is doing your clear bra? Let me know when it's done. I'd like to check it out.

haha, meeyatch is :)
...at least he better lol
but i have to wait about 60 days for the paint to cure :(!!!
geeze im never gonna get to drive it
but then im making up for like 6 months of lost time....if my licence isnt suspended grrrrrrrrrrrr, its always something :(

I may have to stop by and check out your car and see what the emblem is all about.

The 02+ holes are spaced differently then the previous years. I did it the same way as you.....I just clipped the prongs off and aligned the emblem to cover the holes. I'm pretty sure that is how most people did it.

Meeyatch1 said:
I may have to stop by and check out your car and see what the emblem is all about.

haha, sure :)
and give em a good boot in the a$$ for taking so freeeaking long and a lil motivation to get the F done!!!!!!!!

...someone even wrote on the dust on the rear hatch "Build me"
freaking damb straight geeze!

timothyaw said:
I'd check the mileage when you get the car back, it has been in there quite a while.

i ya i know it went in with 15,X44 (think 15,244) when i last looked it was 15,X50!!!!!!!!!!!!!

their bill said 15,X47....so hmmmm

any ideas of what I can do if the mileage is like 50 over?

Back