• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Encounter with a 360

I recently moved from London to Frankfurt. In London I used to see around 10 Ferrari 360s a day, but since I came here, I hardly saw any.

Today I went out for a drive in the outskirts of town and in a slip road to Autobahn I had a 360 in my rear view mirror. I don't know much about different 360s, but this one had kind of different head light, and black thing around the rear tail lights. In London I only heard these cars in 1st/2nd gears and max 40 mph. But this 360 today was kind enough to overtake me at full throttle and I was entertained with the exhaust note from 60 km/h to 160. I don't know if this car was normal, but it was very very loud. We even went through a tunnel together. Anyway, that was fun.

I got to listen to this one yesterday at WOT....man it sounded great.

Last edited:
that's a beautiful challenge model pic... i love the color and the interior combination... definetly both a performance machine and a sexy beast.. :D

That Ferrari in the picture is not a straddle is it? The side mirrors are not carbon fiber and the straddle is a little bit higher around the back end

I think it’s a modified Modena

CMHS75 - I think you're right about it not being a Stradale. It's a 360 Challenge. You can tell by the front tow hook, hood and trunk pins, roll cage, the air intake scoop that is formed into the back window, and the single exhaust pipes rather than the normal, quad tips. Though, this particular 360 doesn't have the lexan/racing windows like most Challenge cars do.

Conor

ctnsupra1 said:
CMHS75 - I think you're right about it not being a Stradale. It's a 360 Challenge. You can tell by the front tow hook, hood and trunk pins, roll cage, the air intake scoop that is formed into the back window, and the single exhaust pipes rather than the normal, quad tips. Though, this particular 360 doesn't have the lexan/racing windows like most Challenge cars do.

Conor

Isn’t the 360 Challenge, a race car? And hence it’s illegal to use on the street?

This one is the Challenge
04FDA022286341C.jpeg

This one is the stradale
stradale.jpg

According to Ferrari, in the USA it's a Race car.
In other countries it is street legal. I couldn't find anything that said it wasn't street legal in the USA. (I didn't look real hard) Based on all of the pictures I saw, the silver car looks more like a challenge then anything else. (As ctnsupra1 exampled, correctly!)

I do know that the parts to make a stock car look like either of the cars are readily available.
I saw a 355 challenge licensed for the street once, at the time I thought the same as you cmhs75, as I do now)

Back