• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

engine hatch rubber trim

What is the part number for the engine hatch rubber trim and is it hard to change (glued or just pressed in a channel?).
Mike M.

there are more than one trim.

one that goes around the glass/ chassis, and then there is the one that goes over the engine cover lid.

hold on getting parts number for ya

here you go

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=780><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f4f4f4><TD height=2 width="8%" align=left>016</TD><TD height=2 width="13%" align=left>74440-SL0-T00 </TD><TD height=2 width="30%">WEATHERSTRIP ASSY., RR. HATCH</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=center>001</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=center>2001</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=left>NSX</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>233.58</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>175.19</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=780><TBODY><TR><TD height=2 width="8%" align=left>017</TD><TD height=2 width="13%" align=left>74442-SL0-003 </TD><TD height=2 width="30%">WEATHERSTRIP, RR. HATCH (LOWER)</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=center>001</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=center>2001</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=left>NSX</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>72.02</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>54.02</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

also different part number if its a coupe those are

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=780><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f4f4f4><TD height=2 width="8%" align=left>014</TD><TD height=2 width="13%" align=left>74442-SL0-003 </TD><TD height=2 width="30%">WEATHERSTRIP, RR. HATCH (LOWER)</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=center>001</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=center>1992</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=left>NSX</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>72.02</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>54.02</TD><TD height=2 vAlign=middle width="20%" align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD height=2 width="8%" align=left>015</TD><TD height=2 width="13%" align=left>74624-SL0-000 </TD><TD height=2 width="30%">INSULATOR, ENGINE MAINTENANCE LID</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=center>001</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=center>1992</TD><TD height=2 width="7%" align=left>NSX</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>97.75</TD><TD height=2 width="6%" align=right>73.31</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
The one on the glass is glued on. I repalced mine and did not glue it. It slipped on fairly snug and has given me no issues in 3 years. You can however clean up your original with a fine piece of steel wood. It will leave it a nice satin black and save you money.

The one on the engine cover comes off and goes on very easily -- not glued just slips over the metal edge and hooks in so to speak. Looks like Shawn is even showing you the discount price (guessing from Tim Poliniak -- oemacuraparts.com -- Acura of Peoria [AZ]! I just received the one I ordered. The glass hatch actually makes contact with this rubber trim and if there is not enough tension the hatch makes a bit of noise. I adjusted the rubber stoppers (3) under the engine cover and put the new rubber trim on and presto, no more hatch noise.

Best,
Jeff

If you are referring to the thin black molding that is attached to the outside perimeter of the rear hatch glass, none of the parts number posted above are correct.

The correct part number for that molding is: 73250-SL0-003 and the list is $196.65.
I've replaced a few of these over the years.

The part is the same for all models and all years as is the glass hatch itself. Coupe and NSX-T use the same part.

Last edited:
I'm still confused, I need the rubber trim that goes around the hard plastic rear window trim(hatch), mine is coming apart. I can't tell if it's a replaceable part or part of the window edge molding.
Mike M.

Black shoe dye. 2-3 treatments and it looks like new again.

41jiMVsrrvL._SY395_.jpg

Well if we were all on the same page maybe my Incorrect part numbers pulled from the actual site would be correct

how about posting a pic of the part you need

so we are ALL on the same page.

and get you the correct part numbers

I think he's referring to #2 the rubber around the hatch glass. Although I don't think number 2 is referring to the rubber part?

Last edited:
see how none of us are on the same page

I was thinking he is wanting part number 13 in that pic

Last edited:
I'm still confused, I need the rubber trim that goes around the hard plastic rear window trim(hatch), mine is coming apart. I can't tell if it's a replaceable part or part of the window edge molding.
Mike M.

That's what I gave you.

Mike M.

Here's a photo:
ry%3D400

See what I'm pointing at? Is that the part you want? If so, that's what I gave you. 73250-SL0-003 and the list is $196.65

Ken, the link from AcuraOEMparts.com does not show this part. It does look like it is showing that part and is somewhat confusing
FYI in that pic #2 translates to the sash assembly which is actually the glass w/this molding.
This part is not listed on that web site catalog and requires to look deeper into the catalog for the correct illustration which is not offered on that site.

If you enter the part number I provided it DOES list the part I have presented.

I have experience with this item. I know what it is, and I have installed it a few times. BTW it does come with and have a small amount of adhesive inside of the groove that slides onto the glass itself.

Waiting on jorma.:smile:

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the offending piece of rubber, is it possible to replace just the rubber or is it part of the hard plastic glass surround?
Mike M.
small hatch.jpg

Same problem with mine for years but I don't pay that amount for some rubber. I'll try to glue a supplementary layer on the back of it which holds the two separated parts together.

It would be best if you can do this someplace where it is warm.
After you remove the old trim use some isopropyl alcohol to clean off the edge and any itinerant adhesive left from the old trim.

Start in a front lower corner of the glass and work your way around pushing the new trim in place.
It really looks nice when replaced. If you have any questions give me a call at the shop. 845-454-3220

Last edited:
Thanks pbassjo,

My weatherstripping is starting to deteriorate, and I have been thinking about replacing this.

Back