• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine removal

Nice work, but I like my ABS in the rain. LOL

nice job it looks factory.

nice

Thanks Shawn, ABS is nice, but I have never activated ABS on any of my cars before. I just look at it as dead weight, and now with it out the brake pedal feels much more responsive IMO.

Looks good! Did you end up bending them by hand? Reminds me that I really need to redo mine.

What flare tool did you use? Have the fittings held up well?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave, I have the bending tools and flare tools/bender kit from summit racing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-CSUM2401/

the 37 degree flare is used with AN fittings. If you want to use factory tube fittings you will want the 45 degree flare. The fittings hold up perfectly fine with no leaks. When you are ready I can get you a list of items you'll need.

Regards,
Tuan

Thanks Tuan, I'll go with that kit then.

I'd rather use the standard 37-degree AN style. I'll probably just swing by NAPA and get a couple of their pre-cut brake lines with the AN fittings on them and modify. And just buy an extra line to adapt the fittings on the stock front lines.

Dave

Thanks Tuan, I'll go with that kit then.

I'd rather use the standard 37-degree AN style. I'll probably just swing by NAPA and get a couple of their pre-cut brake lines with the AN fittings on them and modify. And just buy an extra line to adapt the fittings on the stock front lines.

Dave

Dave,
You can always get this:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220136/
You'll have enough to make 3 kits with this

You will need 6 of the of these- comes in a pack of two so you will need 3 set.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-641431/
This is because your using the dali abs kit. The Kit utilizes factory hard line fittings which are 10mm.

You will need the tube nuts-3 AN and tube sleeves -3 AN.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Fitting-Material/Steel/?keyword=tube+fittings

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Fitting-Material/Steel/?keyword=tube+fittings

You'll need 10 each.

Make sure you clean up the area that you cut well before flaring. This will give you the best flares and best sealing. Also put your tube and sleeves on before flaring... :biggrin:

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,
Tuan

Last edited:
So Tuan,

How's the car running?

Did you get it dyno-tested?

Did you ever go through the with the turbo?

The car is running great so far. I will be bringing it to Cali in a month or so. I never got it on the dyno again so the last number on it was 345whp. I will give you a ride with the turbo kit off so you can see what it feels with a bit more HP NA.

As for Turbo the kit is coming together. I will have to upgrade the clutch/fuel system before getting it on the dyno. I'll probably remove the turbo kit when I get to cali so I can enjoy it NA for a bit before setting it up for turbo.

419898_514611021898964_1852541889_n.jpg

314124_513656685327731_1093907512_n.jpg

574653_514952915198108_319045348_n.jpg

New trumpets are being made for this set up. I want to get a complete mil spec wire tuck from rywire after all this is done.

Last edited:
man that looks sick! text me as soon as she's in town! :eek: :biggrin:

That looks very impressive Tuan!

Is that an integrated intercooler? You can't tease us like this - please provide more details :biggrin:

I know your static compression ratio was going to be around 12:1, right? If you're using Bisi cams, did Bisi give you an idea on your dynamic CR? Any feedback from him on turbo/boost?

Dave

man that looks sick! text me as soon as she's in town! :eek: :biggrin:

I will! We gotta go to that monthly meet!

tumblr_m963foQwDc1qiue7go2_1280.jpg

Who did the plenum work looks great.

Thanks, Derek @All In Fab

That looks very impressive Tuan!

Is that an integrated intercooler? You can't tease us like this - please provide more details :biggrin:

I know your static compression ratio was going to be around 12:1, right? If you're using Bisi cams, did Bisi give you an idea on your dynamic CR? Any feedback from him on turbo/boost?

Dave

Dave,
That is an integrated a/w intercooler next to the plenum. Compression is still fairly close to 12:1 even with those cams. I am upgrading the fuel system and running e98 fuel. I am running the 6266 pte aim for about 650whp with boost by gear for the first few gears.

+1, whole build was impressive too!

Thanks!

Whaaatttttttttt, this thread is madness at it's finest.
We need more updates, pic's, video, joy ride when you are in Cali, etc...............:biggrin:
cool build.:smile:

Whaaatttttttttt, this thread is madness at it's finest.
We need more updates, pic's, video, joy ride when you are in Cali, etc...............:biggrin:
cool build.:smile:

Thanks! I will keep you updated soon. I will be bringing the car to So Cal in November. Joy rides will be available then :smile: Are you in the socal area?

Sorry just now saw this. Just been busy with work now so I haven't had much time to work on the car. I also don't have my own garage here so it makes it alot harder to work on it. I have been working on my engine harness lately thats about it. Havent done anything else with the turbo kit yet.

484022_541395747536_1660097714_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted to resurrect this cuz I cant see the pictures anymore. @gsrboy, hows the car running these days? You still around?

Edit: Sorry, I just looked and it appears he sold it already.

Last edited:
Back