• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"eps Light"

"eps Light came on"

Just bought a 92 mint NSX. I've had it for 2 weeks and my EPS (electric power steering) light came on. This is located next to the check engine light. It's an Automatic. Do I need to take it to the dealer or ??
help:confused:

Last edited:
I had mine come on and stay on, too. While it certainly behaved as if it WAS working (also have an automatic), the dealership said that I needed a new EPS computer. To make a long story short, I disconnected the battery, cleared everything out, and it has worked perfectly ever since.

I have to try that. I have it going to the dealer Monday, but I will try to disconnect the battery and see if that works before I take it to them. Also did your steering wheel get a little tighter? Thanks for your help....

1992 NSX said:
I have to try that. I have it going to the dealer Monday, but I will try to disconnect the battery and see if that works before I take it to them. Also did your steering wheel get a little tighter? Thanks for your help....

Too much trouble to disconnect the battery. Just unplug the clock fuse, it will reset the EPS memory. Just check your error code b4 u reset the memory.

1992 NSX -- NSX G-Force is right. I just happened to disconnect the battery shortly after the light went on in combination with something else (actually I think that I was putting in a new battery) when it "fixed itself." If you do find you need one...used they're a lot cheaper, I know that at the time I thought I needed one, I checked around and the wrecking yard in NYC that specializes in NSXs (forget his name...do a search) had a few in stock. Good luck.

On your other question, about it getting tighter, no it didn't. It didn't seem to change in any way other than that damn light coming on. (Which is why I thought the dealer was crazy at the time). Good luck...

Mine 91 had the same problem. The lite came on, no power steering. have the dealer checked, needed a new speed sensor and the computer . Not cheap but old age showing. good luck if you re-set and the trouble went away. drove it without power steering for two months waiting for parts.

pacacu said:
Mine 91 had the same problem. The lite came on, no power steering. have the dealer checked, needed a new speed sensor and the computer . Not cheap but old age showing. good luck if you re-set and the trouble went away. drove it without power steering for two months waiting for parts.

Hi Pacacu, mine 92 Auto error code is indicated problem on "Speed sensor signal input". Any chance find out what speed sensor and the part number? Thanks.

If I'm not wrong, it could be AT sensor, which consist 2 sensor:
1) NC speed sensor 2) NM speed sensor.

Forgive me if I'm naive but I thought power steering wasn't available until 1994?

Spencer said:
1992 NSX -- NSX G-Force is right. I just happened to disconnect the battery shortly after the light went on in combination with something else (actually I think that I was putting in a new battery) when it "fixed itself." If you do find you need one...used they're a lot cheaper, I know that at the time I thought I needed one, I checked around and the wrecking yard in NYC that specializes in NSXs (forget his name...do a search) had a few in stock. Good luck.

Tried doing a search. Maybe Forums Nazi can help?

=====NAZI IMPERSONATION=====

try these:

Joe Toth @ ERZ CARS
in Brooklyn NY
718-774-7846

www.car-part.com

www.haprecycling.com

==== END NAZI IMPERSONATION=====

HTH

ERZ is the one he is talking about, but there's some other resources mentioned on PRIME in the past....

Mike

'93 NSX EPS

It's amazing what you can learn on this site. (Of course I'm a little late as usual.) I was wondering if EPS wasn't available until '94, why is it covered in my '93 manual? The manual makes it sound like my '93 is supposed to have it installed. The EPS computer is supposed to be in the passenger foot well but it's not there in my car. I wouldn't have had room for my 10" sub if it had been. My car doesn't feel like it has power steering. Any clue??

Re: '93 NSX EPS

NSXpnsv said:
It's amazing what you can learn on this site. (Of course I'm a little late as usual.) I was wondering if EPS wasn't available until '94, why is it covered in my '93 manual? The manual makes it sound like my '93 is supposed to have it installed. The EPS computer is supposed to be in the passenger foot well but it's not there in my car. I wouldn't have had room for my 10" sub if it had been. My car doesn't feel like it has power steering. Any clue??

EPS was originally only on the automatic transmission NSXs... all manuals, had manual steering. they later changed it to all having EPS manual or auto, i think in 94 or 95, goto the changes by year section of the FAQ if your really curious as to the exact year

HTH
mike

G-Force thanks for the assist

have a 95 and the EPS light went on. Steering was a bit stiffer at slow speeds but using the clock fuse reset suggestion worked.

The EPS reset and all is well again. The car is going in for a timing belt change in 2 weeks and I will have them check out the EPS system while it is in the shop but this seemed to fix the problem

Thanks again for taking some stress out of my day

:D :D :D

I recently got my 95 NSX-T and so far the EPS light hasn't come on yet. Does anyone know if Acura will take a look even if the light hasn't come on yet? Thanks.

NSX G-Force said:
Too much trouble to disconnect the battery. Just unplug the clock fuse, it will reset the EPS memory. Just check your error code b4 u reset the memory.

My ALB light came on tonight and after 30 secs, my EPS light came on with the drive light blinking and the speedometer dancing around everywhere :eek: I'm glad that I did a search and found this post :redface: I pulled the clock fuse and the stinking EPS light went away :biggrin: Hopefully, the EPS light was a glitch and won't come back on :redface:

Back