• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Evora, the new NSX

Great read. Thanks for posting.

“Climbing in the NSX after the Evora was a bit of a shock, surprisingly. Where the interior of the Lotus is tight and cocooning, the Acura's is light and airy. It offers visibility that remains unparalleled in a mid-engine sports car today, and all the thoughtful practicality you expect from an early 1990s Honda.”

“Compared to a Ferrari 348 in 1990, the NSX must have seemed like a spaceship; now it feels basic in a refreshing way.”

Last edited:
very interesting... I have been lazer focused on a Lotus elise for a couple months.... perhaps I should pay attention to the evora... strugging with the fact the elise is little more than a go kart... makes my NSX seem as practical as my mini van!!

would never sell NSX for Lotus.. but may add

I don't like the looks of the Evora as much as I do the NSX, but it sounds like it's worth the drive. I hate to say it, but I kind of wish that Honda had built a true successor to the NSX....and the new NSX is not it.

The evora is on my radar as well.....when you have 2 kids its nice to be able to have a fun drive and take everyone.In that vein Porsche should reboot the 928:cool:

The evora is on my radar as well.....when you have 2 kids its nice to be able to have a fun drive and take everyone.In that vein Porsche should reboot the 928:cool:

Speak with Simon, he recently made the switch, and is planning on tracking it as well.

The Evora is a nice package, with Toyota engine, should be reliable .. (tranny too? ) I did look at them, as the back seat is a bonus for 2 kids .. but indeed, it is even more expensive than the New NSX .. ($180K cad, ~$140US, not sure what discount) so ..

Nice read - many thanks for sharing. Great to see that writers still appreciate what the NSX was and remains today.

I would like the Evora so much more if Lotus simply replaced the front bumper with the one that's on the Evora GT430 or even GT410. The updated front end on the Evora 400 that we get here in the US has a weird, boxy front lower bumper that doesn't fit the curves of the Evora. It looks like that ugly ass NSX-E that Shawn built. Simply swap to the GT430 front bumper and it would be so much more appealing to me.

Back