• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F1 like sounding exhaust from an NSX?

Judging by the above statement, I'd wager that you haven't heard an F1 car or a motorcycle.

F1 car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqO6tEZdUQ0

Motorcycle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2PRteb2vks

Or you're tone deaf. Either way, that lack of validy makes the rest of your post pointless.

i agree with you.... that particular motorcycle sounds nothing like an F1

but, apparently you don't know what a sport bike is. i wasn't talking about a v-twin street bike.... i was thinking more along the lines of a 600cc (i did mention 15,500rpm) or 1000cc 4cyl crotch rocket with an aftermarket exhaust.

and yeah, my statement is valid, cause a bike (sorry.... a sport bike...) does, in fact, sound more like an F1/ferrari than any exhaust you'll get for the nsx. i know a bike will never sound quite like an F1 car.... but it'll be closer than your nsx will ever be. that's all i said.....

Ok, well whatever "bolt-on" exhaust system gives a true F1 or CART wale complete with the pops from the SWOL feature... just please let me know once everyone get's that one straightened out, so I can place my own order. LOL, hopefully it doesn't start with new engine mounts. :smile:

While an interesting flick, the throttle response in the video tips the hat.

Back to reality with the 2K and aggressive exhaust systems.. ever since my first can cracked some welds and blew out on the back half of PR last summer.. patched up it now just barely teeters on the edge of the 103db sound limit on track being pretty obnoxious. I seem to go through them, as I already shot my mounts inside the first 6 months.

Having played with several straight back exhausts systems- while there are some varations... other than running open header... most sound roughly similar IMO relative to the more popular street ones I hear... far louder even at a cold idle and very, very, obnoxious to most long before you ever even see VTEC.. especially in the midrange sizzling at 4-6khz around 5400 (likely just perfect to make you deaf over the long run).

While you'll never get that F1 wale.. I think hitting the fuel cut out at 9 grand for a street car... the 2K coupled with a little emissions tuning sounds absolutely freakin' fantastic... all things considered for a street car... pretty damn close to a Speedvision World Challenge RSX in terms of tone and volume. No complaints here.

Yet, I have no doubt as with most such things.... that the rather unavoidable drone compromise at lower RPM's would be a deal killer for 98% of customers, especially with the top up, on long trips it can be painful to endure. I think all I heard on the last trip down the 101 was my 2K car in front of me over my own exhaust- and that says something right there.

In fact, the mini cooper behind us stopped at a rest area just to ask about 'the exhaust on the car in front of me'. LOL... I guess that tells that there is a reason why the stock 2K exhaust system is so over-built... to try and shut that F20C up. But hey.. it's a HONDA OPEN IT UP!!!

Anyways, like body kits, shocks, or anything else... exhausts are a very personal decision, and to each's own. :cool:

Last edited:
Back