• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

Anyone else out their think the back of the car looks like a new camaro? Or am I crazy?

Crazy

06-2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-1297267567.jpg

2012-honda-nsx2.jpg

I don't see it at all, they don't have the same lines, massing, or details IMO

Nero its the rear fender haunches.

In the pictures there is some similar proportions in that one spot but no one will see or mistake this car for a camaro.

Last edited:
howsabout the saturn sky?

howsabout the saturn sky?

You didn't know? Saturn designers defected to Acura...

So apparently these renderings are drumming up GM detailing motifs. I certainly hope that is not the case when the Concept debuts. However, there are some accuracy with the Saturn jokes...

Turbo2Go: Yea, first year models always get shafted with some bugs and they miss out of the extra hp bump or some other minor revision to maintain sales

Last edited:
http://www.wheels.ca/article/801788

Some additional journalist info from the LV unveiling, with a few more descriptive notes, eg. extreme width + side skirts + air intakes.

"The car is low-slung and distinctly mean looking. In terms of proportion, it bears more than a passing resemblance to the Audi R8 and Lamborghini Gallardo. The rear quarter panel, for example, is classic Audi with a very slight overhang behind the rear wheels. The side skirts are similar to those found on the Aston Martin Virage. And the very thin side mirror braces also reveal influence from Aston Martin and other exclusive brands.

For those who are followers of superhero movies, the new NSX is also very clearly related to the car that Tony Stark drives in the forthcoming Avengers movie (pictured), due to be released this summer. The front end of the in-person prototype seems to feature more air intake surface area, but the dimensions and the overall feel are essentially the same.

One point worth emphasizing: The next NSX is a very wide car, even for a supercar — this fact alone speaks to the very exciting potential of the vehicle from a handling perspective."

why not 3.0 direct injected twin turbo with 450 HP which they CAN make reliable + two 27 hp electric motors in front wheels?That would make for a total of 500+ hp, if they can make it not heavier than 1st gen NSX..they can hope to sell it for $100K+

Probably because they no longer have a 3.0. Honda is using batteries instead of turbos and may actually turn out close to 500hp. Just eight more days and hopefully we'll know specs.

I don't get your turbo/electric motor comparison. A turbo is a turbo and an electric motor is a motor. They have different functions and I think here they are used mainly because they allow more flexibility with SHAWD, to aid in handling and not acceleration. Using a heavy electric motor and batteries instead of an efficient turbo makes no sense. They exist here as handling aids, with a side benefit being extra torque off the line. I think your comparison is off. And you keep saying it... LOL... I'm here to save you from yourself.

I get it. He's trying to steer your direction into changing your name (BATTERIES2GO hint hint) just like what he did to you with LBBP, lol. :biggrin:

LMAO... He probably already signed up as batteries2go that way he can have his batteries and try to be like me at the same time.

I don't get your turbo/electric motor comparison. A turbo is a turbo and an electric motor is a motor. They have different functions and I think here they are used mainly because they allow more flexibility with SHAWD, to aid in handling and not acceleration. Using a heavy electric motor and batteries instead of an efficient turbo makes no sense. They exist here as handling aids, with a side benefit being extra torque off the line. I think your comparison is off. And you keep saying it... LOL... I'm here to save you from yourself.

The batteries will be "boosting" acceleration by giving extra tq at the low end. However unlike a turbo they can supply power w/o using the engine for periods of time. This car will have three electric motors supplying extra power and tq.

You did read the analysis of the 3.5 Honda earth engine right? Also you do understand the application of batteries as a enhancer in performance hybrids? Honda did something similar in 05 with the Accord hybrid.

Or are you just trying to be funny?

LMAO... He probably already signed up as batteries2go that way he can have his batteries and try to be like me at the same time.

Ah yes there go the silver guys taking us off topic AGAIN.

The batteries will be "boosting" acceleration by giving extra tq at the low end. However unlike a turbo they can supply power w/o using the engine for periods of time. This car will have three electric motors supplying extra power and tq.

You did read the analysis of the 3.5 Honda earth engine right? Also you do understand the application of batteries as a enhancer in performance hybrids? Honda did something similar in 05 with the Accord hybrid.

Or are you just trying to be funny?

Where is the third motor? No I haven't read anything about an earth engine do you have a link? I think these motors are going to be weaker than you think. Is the battery lithium at least? Do you know?

Where is the third motor? No I haven't read anything about an earth engine do you have a link? I think these motors are going to be weaker than you think. Is the battery lithium at least? Do you know?

Here you go
http://world.honda.com/news/2011/4111130Earth-Dreams-Technology/index.html

A new hybrid system, electric SH-AWD, was developed for large-sized vehicles. By combining a 3.5L, V6 engine with this hybrid system, acceleration equivalent to V8 engines, as well as fuel efficiency equal or superior to in-line 4-cylinder engines were realized.
An electric 4WD system with independent 20kW+ motors on both sides for the rear wheels combines a 7-speed dual clutch transmission system with a built-in 30kW+ high-efficiency motor with the engine.
By mounting a high-performance lithium-ion battery and optimally controlling the front and rear motors, a new hybrid system with high fuel efficiency and output was realized.

So as you can see "three" motors. You already saying your going to buy the car and finding out if you can leave a deposit w/o knowing the base tech specs?? Let's leave batteries and turbos out and just go with "clueless2go"

Last edited:
Probably because they no longer have a 3.0. Honda is using batteries instead of turbos and may actually turn out close to 500hp. Just eight more days and hopefully we'll know specs.

they could use batteries + turbo for increased efficiency, later BMW turbo engines are very efficient, there is already 2.3 I4 240 hp turbo engine in Honda RDX, add two cylinders and you get 3.5 six cylinder engine with 360 hp, add a little boost and you are already over 400...

they could use batteries + turbo for increased efficiency, later BMW turbo engines are very efficient, there is already 2.3 I4 240 hp turbo engine in Honda RDX, add two cylinders and you get 3.5 six cylinder engine with 360 hp, add a little boost and you are already over 400...

Honda is actually dropping that engine and replacing it with a six due to very poor fuel economy so no way they are going to keep developing that motor.

Notice they chose not to use that motor in anything else. It would have seemed like a perfect choice for the TSX as performance option yet they went with the heavier V6 from the TL.

Take a look at the earth dreams tech and you can plainly see where Honda has invested and notice no turbos. True other companies like using them but Honda doesn't. BMW has had some serious issue with their later turbo engines. Not with the turbo itself but the fuel delivery. Pump has been redesigned several times.

I can see if they can build the electric motors light enough and have some substitution or alternative to the heavy-a$$ batteries they could really build a slick handling car.

But you can't tell me they can't make a reliable engine block to utilize boost and get 35mpg or higher(on highway) while getting 400hp these days. With the advancements in fuel delivery, camshaft tech/timing, and new materials for intake manifolds etc...

All I know...someone will rip the electric part out.:cool:

Back