• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fall Fling - Sun Sep 17 - NSX Detailing Clinic/Demos and Drive - Cranbury NJ

Hi Folks,

Technically fall doesn't start until the 22nd, but I liked the sound of "Fall Fling".

Nick Gates (owner of A Buff and Beyond Detailing), Alan and I are planning a NSX get together on Sunday September 17. Nick is a huge fan of the NSX and has detailed many of our cars to perfection.

We will meet at 9:00 and enjoy some light breakfast type refreshments.

From 9:30 - 11:30 Nick will be hosting a detailing clinic. Topics and demonstrations to include:

- light paint correction
- film application
- quartz coatings
- proper wash techniques, etc.

After lunch, we will hop in our cars and take a drive.

If there is enough interest, Carla has offered to take folks on a tour of Grounds for Sculpture -- amazing place.

Oh, and if the detailing clinic isn't enough draw, there will be BIRTHDAY CAKE. Yup, Sun Sep 17 is my 50th birthday. Spent my 40th with many of you bowling. Ten years later it is time to clean up our act -- well clean our cars....

I've been planting the seed for a couple weeks now, determining the best date and interest. Turns out the 17th was best for most. So far we have the following folks who said they could make it.

• Alan
  • Carla and Don
  • Bob M
  • Simon
  • Dan
  • Mark and Sue
  • Gene L
  • Charles E
  • TonyD
  • Sam and Louise
  • The Kid
  • LarryD
  • Scott B
  • spa2kjt
  • Frankie

Please RSVP at your earliest convenience so that I can add your name to the list.

Regards,
Don

i-VgQKnwC-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be there. Am I the Mike L on the list already?

Different "L"............You will always be The Kid to me.

Thanks for making the change and so glad you can make it!!!!!

Don, I need to see if I can get off from work Sunday. Count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tell work detailing and THEDon are more important

Hey Frankie
This is the place we've been raving about. Nick is the best just look what his crew did for my car.
Tell the boss that Don's Birthday is more important than working.... ok lie and say you're not going to be feeling well on Sunday the 17th

Looking forward to seeing you here in NJ

Alan

Hey Alan, how are you? Yes I will be there. Maybe bring some roast pork buns too!

Got the day off, Thanks Don & Alan!

Add me to the list please. I've already taken off Sept. 17th from work for a different reason. Thanks..

Howdy folks, just a reminder that it isn't too late to sign up for the greatest detailing clinic known to mankind!

Looking forward to seeing all that have RSVP'd.

Louise and I will be there in the morning. We have to head out around 9:40 ish. I would love to stay for the session though- still gotta get my Mazda detailed by them. I am hoping they can give me some clear bra options when winter rolls around.

Great day today... Sorry I had to bail on you so quickly. Whoever brought those pork buns THANK YOU. Louise loved them and it saved us from having to eat lunch!

y4mGuR2rMGn4GEgB3q5wWUNFPB1p9BB8ru6h2k5xWUv9TLFKCNGMB-eTZe_zVyDyUA3JanlXJnFTJJaCGN53CjLdge5YR7zw327j7sU-7vzdl8Yd1jxwj6vi60BKvftjanOOIPPMfS9nAyIjldsSmjN4SKOuxG5nE9YBJTm6DVSCHQ0FzN_VQxh-yqiS8aBmzZon65WOtHevYhuPVHt693GdQ

Sam

Thanks to Everyone who joined us today for the detailing clinic with fantastic practical demonstrations by Nick Gates at ABuff&Beyond Car Care
We all asked questions and I think everyone learned something today
Oh and a very Happy Birthday to TheDon who planned the event and also led a fun run after the detailing clinic
Special Thanks to our Acura Dealers Open Road for their display car and to Glen Davis of Davis Acura for permitting some of us to get behind the wheel of a 2017 on the fun run this afternoon:cool:

<iframe src="https://aoffsie.smugmug.com/frame/slideshow?key=8LVj97&autoStart=1&captions=0&navigation=0&playButton=0&randomize=0&speed=3&transition=fade&transitionSpeed=2" width="800" height="600" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Last edited:
Nice time, thanks for organizing. Nice to see some old faces and meet some new ones as well. I'm dropping mine off 9/27 for the "Nick" treatment.

That was me Sam, Frankie (Lamchop168) with the 03 LBBP. You're very welcome, I was going to pass Chinatown any way. Thank Alan, he's the one that I brought them in!

Glad you enjoy it and it was nice meeting you. Too bad you didn't stay for the session, it was very informative. Really good product line.

Frankie

Great day today... Sorry I had to bail on you so quickly. Whoever brought those pork buns THANK YOU. Louise loved them and it saved us from having to eat lunch!

y4mGuR2rMGn4GEgB3q5wWUNFPB1p9BB8ru6h2k5xWUv9TLFKCNGMB-eTZe_zVyDyUA3JanlXJnFTJJaCGN53CjLdge5YR7zw327j7sU-7vzdl8Yd1jxwj6vi60BKvftjanOOIPPMfS9nAyIjldsSmjN4SKOuxG5nE9YBJTm6DVSCHQ0FzN_VQxh-yqiS8aBmzZon65WOtHevYhuPVHt693GdQ

Sam

Back