• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fender liner removal

I would say if the inner is not protected you risk having damage period.

Cons

Inverted rock lumps on the exterior of the fender or quarter panel. Possible cracked paint.

If this is a daily driver, water maybe an issue getting into crack and compartment the liner protects.

The sound of rocks or some sort of debris when possibly going through parking lots not cleaned.

Less money in pocket because you will possibly be posting in the wanted section.

PRO

I do not see any.

when you drive without fender liners,
road debri gets up all over the place.
then certain roads will sling oil and chucks of rocks will stick to the underside fo the fenders,
the upper and lower control arms, piviot will turn black from all thsi crap.
one of the sexiest parts of the NSX is the beautiful aluminum pieces un the wheel wells.

you can do it but if you care about your NSX you would buy them since I am sure yours got ripped since your asking.

during the rain water will start to fill everywhere, and dont be surprised if you turn your airconditioner on and water drops spit out

not good.

one more super great reason, if you remove your front fenderliners and hit a water puddle your depending which side you hit the puddle sideskirts can rip right off the car. ask me how i know.

stopping in the middle of the rain to collect your sideskirt isnt fun. since it wont just pop back on since all the tabs are now broken

Last edited:
I own a Paintless Dent Repair Company and the first thing that comes to my mind is what Synergy said. When you have some rocks and or debris flinging up at high speeds you will encounter dents from the underside ( which we call outties ). Along with the dents your chances of the paint cracking is astronomical. When dealing with aluminum while performing paintless dent repair it takes at least twice the amount of pressure and time to repair the damage. Aluminum has memory just as metal does and thats how paintless dent repair works we are teaching the metal new memory during the repair process. Here is where your main concern should be, if you have the so called outtie dents from the underside, they are going to be sharp and would need to be knocked down with a hammer and what we call a knock down ( kinda looks like a fat plastic pencil. Again aluminum is tough and strong you would think it would be like tin foil to work but just the opposite. If the paint is cracked there is nothing a paintless dent repair tech can do, your looking at re paint. Also like Shawn said all the water and road grime that would find their way into every nook and cranny just isn't worth it to me ppersonally.
Bob

You can coat the inside of the fender w/ some sort of rubberish spray(?) & that will protect it from debris. Somebody on here did it, I just can't find the thread.

Edit: Found another solution:

To help with spider cracks I used sound-deadning material.Something that car audio guys use:eg-Dyno-mat.Easy to apply,just a bit of heat and the stuff conforms to all curves and once done almost impossible to get off.I figured for the size of rocks the NSX tire could pick-up this material would be sufficient enough.Hey maybe a new product here,LOL!!!
Seemed to work good.
just my $.02
Stacy

I might do the same soon since I need to have my front fenders rolled.

Last edited:
Alrighty this is kinda what I had assumed would be the reprocussions. So how do some get away with it? They refer to it as though it's no big deal to run without them but common sense infers all the above responses.

I drove without them for one day when I had them off for repair and dirt got all in the door sill part. Probably best to leave them on.

Back