• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First drive of my newly collected NSX

Hello again! As a lot of you know I have been waiting to take Jetpilot3's lovely Berlina of his hands for a while now and I finally collected the keys this Thursday - I swear I could see his eyes welling up as I drove away.

As the administrator of the the Middle East group on S2Ki I had organised a drive on Friday (our day off) and thought, what the heck, let's surprise everyone and not bring the S! So I drove up with the NSX to much attention and well wishes. Other drivers who came in after I arrived would look at the car and automatically start looking for Cameron - and I would humbly go up to them say 'it's mine now!' Haha. Actually the NSX had all the attention until a Murceilago (sp?) soft top drove up, with it's 'lambo' doors and all. Though still the NSX got plenty of Kudos!

So on to the drive, the first thing I have to mention is the sound - that Taitec combination is just phenomenal - there were plenty of thumbs up for the sound as well in that regard. For such a low slung Jap 'supercar' I was very impressed with how easy it was to drive (even with the Centerforce cluthc ;) ) The seating position is perfect, very much like the S, it all feels very natural when you are driving.

The thing I had worried about most (even after the test drive) was the non-power steering - parking etc. But you know what?! I love it. It feels so right when you are driving - point it in the direction and it goes! Parking as well is starting to fall into place just after one day of driving!

Then there is the actual feel of the accelaration. Much more visceral than I first thought, especially after a speed bump in first gear, flooring it is unbelieavable, feels like a rocket! vtec in the other gears feels just great aswell - very nice feeling putting your foot down in any gear really.

So all in all, I am pretty happy with the purchase then :biggrin: There are a few niggles of course, but Jetpilot has ensured everything will be sorted in due course - gentleman through and through!

Sorry for the long post, but just very excited - will be posting up some pics in the gallery very soon!

awhhhh, so you're the lucky guy who got her! she truly has one of a kind interior.. beautiful!!!! congrats on your purchase.. cherish her!

If you can answer this.. how does the clutch on the NSX compare with the S2k?

To be honest, it would not be a fair comparison at the moment because the NSX has a Centerforce clutch that is very hard and the S's clutch is a bit hard as well from a bit of wear. Regardless though, when I get into the S I almost push the clutch through the floor because it feels so much lighter!

Wish I could have made it on that trip but like you mentioned I'd probably cry with emotion not being its owner anymore! I'm happy you love the car and your post reminds me of my immediate feelings for the NSX.

I can't believe the window regulator and speedo acted up! What's the chance?!?!....Regardless I'll take care of it for you next week like we've talked about.

Post some pic's of the drive!

Hello again! As a lot of you know I have been waiting to take Jetpilot3's lovely Berlina of his hands for a while now and I finally collected the keys this Thursday - I swear I could see his eyes welling up as I drove away.

As the administrator of the the Middle East group on S2Ki I had organised a drive on Friday (our day off) and thought, what the heck, let's surprise everyone and not bring the S! So I drove up with the NSX to much attention and well wishes. Other drivers who came in after I arrived would look at the car and automatically start looking for Cameron - and I would humbly go up to them say 'it's mine now!' Haha. Actually the NSX had all the attention until a Murceilago (sp?) soft top drove up, with it's 'lambo' doors and all. Though still the NSX got plenty of Kudos!

So on to the drive, the first thing I have to mention is the sound - that Taitec combination is just phenomenal - there were plenty of thumbs up for the sound as well in that regard. For such a low slung Jap 'supercar' I was very impressed with how easy it was to drive (even with the Centerforce cluthc ;) ) The seating position is perfect, very much like the S, it all feels very natural when you are driving.

The thing I had worried about most (even after the test drive) was the non-power steering - parking etc. But you know what?! I love it. It feels so right when you are driving - point it in the direction and it goes! Parking as well is starting to fall into place just after one day of driving!

Then there is the actual feel of the accelaration. Much more visceral than I first thought, especially after a speed bump in first gear, flooring it is unbelieavable, feels like a rocket! vtec in the other gears feels just great aswell - very nice feeling putting your foot down in any gear really.

So all in all, I am pretty happy with the purchase then :biggrin: There are a few niggles of course, but Jetpilot has ensured everything will be sorted in due course - gentleman through and through!

Sorry for the long post, but just very excited - will be posting up some pics in the gallery very soon!

congrats on the car... every jealous of your ride...

on a side note please try and refrain from using the term"jap" in future posts...

thanks
:smile:

Back