• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First friday car show at fountains in roseville

Hello NSXCA Sacramento,

We have a very special and unique car show opportunity for our club. The Fountains Shopping Center in Roseville, CA hosts an event called "First Friday". The first Friday of every month, the shopping center closes off part of the main area to only pedestrian traffic for a great street fair experience with farmers market, strolling performers, sidewalk sale and car show from 6-9:00 p.m. If you haven't been to the Fountains yet, you are in for a treat. It's a nice play to shop and hang out.

The event is open to all spectators, but participation in the car show is by invitation only. The Fountains has invited our club to attend for the next three first Fridays of coming months. Dates are: July 3, August 7 and September 4. They only allow a maximum of 50 cars (from all clubs in the area).

Aaron is our organizer for this event.

What you need to know:
1. Participating in the car show portion is by invitation only. This means you need to be on Aaron's list in advance. You cannot participate in the show if you are not on the list. You must also arrive by 5:15pm. Due the limited space for cars, "walk-ons" for the car show will not be allowed.
2. First event is Friday, July 3rd - You must contact Aaron no later than Tuesday, 12 Noon, June 30th to get on the list for the July 3rd show. Aaron's number: (916) 320-9064.
3. Following events will be August 7th and September 4th. Again, you must be on Aaron's list to participate in the car show. We will send out reminders for August and September.
4. Location: http://www.thefountainsatroseville.com/f3.php

You need to contact Aaron directly to get on the list if you want to participate in the car show. Please be sure you attend if you put your name on the list. We want to keep getting invited back. Aaron's number: (916) 320-9064.

1. Ray (yellow 92)
2. Shawana (green 94)
3. Aaron (black 91)
4. Rob (silver 05)
5. Carl (red 91)

Yes, I know it's an old thread.

Any pics from this event?

I've heard that the NSX's may be showing at one of the 2010 1st Friday "shows"??

Anybody here planning on showing?

I heard a rumor that the nsx's were getting bumped for the high end Italian cars. We were there last night and there are more stores with a Dave and Busters that just opened. Im sure Aaron will get a few nsx's in there somehow.

I heard a rumor that the nsx's were getting bumped for the high end Italian cars. We were there last night and there are more stores with a Dave and Busters that just opened. Im sure Aaron will get a few nsx's in there somehow.

I did speak to Liz, Marketing Director of the 1st Friday event. She said someone, it might have been Aaron was doing something with the NSX's for a 1st Friday show. I was told that they (Marketing) was going to do something different with this years car shows. Bringing in "theme" nights or something similar? Details being worked out. Trying to categorize all the different car groups planned.

I was hoping there would be photos from last year "car show". I had heard about them, but wasn't able to get to the Fountains during the events.

Is D&B opened? I know the official date is May 3rd.

Now that you mention it we didn't see any customers in there just employees. We thought the place was just dead and figured it wouldn't last very long but a May opening would make sense. I have to say that this is one of the funnest family and shoppers experience anyone can have. I will go to every one I can. If you find out any info please post.
Ray

I'll wait a few months before going to D&B in Roseville. I remember waiting in lines at the one in Milpitas when I was in the bay. It's fun, but I'd rather spend more time inside than waiting outside. :biggrin:

I'll wait a few months before going to D&B in Roseville. I remember waiting in lines at the one in Milpitas when I was in the bay. It's fun, but I'd rather spend more time inside than waiting outside. :biggrin:

I agree .. I've been to the Milpitas location a few times. Never had to wait in line to get in, but I try to get there 'round 12 noon .. right when it opens.

But anyway .. back on topic.

For those that have been to the 1st Fridays .. where did you end up parking for the show? Within the shopping strip or outside?

OK .. thanks .. how many cars were allowed to show?

Last year we were allowed as many NSXs as we could get - we probably had 15 or so at one time. This year it's unknown since Fountains has decided to bump NSXs off of the list for other makes. I'm sure Aaron will update us if/when Fountains decides to include NSX.

Last year we were allowed as many NSXs as we could get - we probably had 15 or so at one time. This year it's unknown since Fountains has decided to bump NSXs off of the list for other makes. I'm sure Aaron will update us if/when Fountains decides to include NSX.

Thanks for the info/help ..

I hope we pushed the corvette to the outside....lol. So is this confirmed? We have a spot at every gathering?

I don't want to step on Aaron's planning. I don't want to reveal too much. I will be working with him on this. BTW .. what is his forum name? I've emailed him, but maybe I can reach him faster via here?

But "yes" the NSX's are in.

Aaron doesn't visit prime very much. But he is one of the nsx sacramento chapter organizers. The best way to contact him is phone. Pm me and I'll give you the first 6 digits....lol.

I don't want to step on Aaron's planning. I don't want to reveal too much. I will be working with him on this. BTW .. what is his forum name? I've emailed him, but maybe I can reach him faster via here?

But "yes" the NSX's are in.

I was just told that nsx's are a sure thing for August. This thing is so damn fun to attend I don't know why they don't have it twice a month. I bet the stores see some more traffic because of the cars.

Last year, they allowed us to start parking at 5:30pm, but the actual show is from 6pm to 9pm. Parking is blocked off, until security allows us in... they're very strict about it. It's a great event.

Last edited:
I was just told that nsx's are a sure thing for August. This thing is so damn fun to attend I don't know why they don't have it twice a month. I bet the stores see some more traffic because of the cars.

Yes .. August 6th is the date.
NSXs will be sharing the evening with a Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti group. (Z's, G's .. hoping to bring in GT-R's)

As for the schedule.

Yes, I'm told cars need to be staged before the 6pm start time (5:15p~5:30p). From past reading, security will be the one's controlling the entry. As for leaving time? I'm not sure if you can leave prior to 9PM?

Last edited:
I've talked with Aaron ..

For those that have done this before .. the following will be old news.
1stFriday_Fountains.jpg

1) Entry for those in the car show is shown by the arrow, near the DSW and NEW D&Bs.
2) Car Show parking is shown in the area of the red box.
3) Same general rules that are in the 1st posting of this thread applies, i.e. - staging time; car show hours; etc ..

The main difference from last year. Instead of participating on three (3) nights; having a small section. This year, WE get the whole car show area - on one (1) night; August 6th.

As it was last year, Aaron will head up the Sacramento NSX groups participation. No doubt his information will be added to this thread - soon.

For my part, I'm heading up the Datsun-Nissan-Infiniti group participation. I'll be working/coordinating efforts with Aaron and the Fountains marketing people.

Last edited:
Back