• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First time in NSX last night

Went down to Westborough Motors last night and inquired about the NSX on their lot. They wouldn't let me test drive it, but they did let me sit in it. Man, what a feeling that was. I've never sat in any car before that evoked such a powerful feeling. I've made it my mission in life to own an NSX now.

My question to you all, though, is this:
Is there a significant advantage to a 97+ NSX versus a 96 or older besides the increased engine size? The one I looked at last night was a 96 with 19k miles on the clock. They are asking $45,777 for it. Is this a good deal? Thanks.

Neal Starr

just curious, why wouldn't they let you test drive? Even if you are semi-serious? It's a potential sale.

Originally posted by Ketzer:
Is there a significant advantage to a 97+ NSX versus a 96 or older besides the increased engine size?

Yes. The six-speed transmission introduced that year is really the best set of gears available for the NSX. The brakes are bigger, additional rigidity was added to the chassis, and a host of other improvements were made in '97. Click here for more info, from the FAQ.

Originally posted by Ketzer:
The one I looked at last night was a 96 with 19k miles on the clock. They are asking $45,777 for it. Is this a good deal?

That sounds like a very good price for a car with that low mileage, assuming it's in excellent condition. Bargain them lower though.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 June 2002).]

I think it sounds like a really good price. You can expect to pay about 8-10K more than that for a 97 with 30K miles. If you love it, go for it. I love my NSX.. SOOO much!

Neal,

I am in your position. I was finally able to drive one 2 weeks ago. Make it a must to at least drive one even for 5 minutes. Do whatever it takes and then you'll really be hooked.

Back