• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For Daily Drivers of NSX...What your gas mileage like?

Just curious on what kind of fuel mileage the NSX (any year) gets in normal every day driving.....I think the average is 17 city 24 highway....

The EPA rating is 19 city 24 highway, which is also about what I get in everyday usage. On a long trip I can get as much as 28 mpg doing a steady 80 mph. On the track I get 9 to 11 mpg.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 22 July 2001).]

I drive kinda fast I guess. I get 14.5 to 16mpg daily. If I hit the Highway I get about 25mpg on a 200 mile drive at 85-100 mph.

-matt

[This message has been edited by blurr (edited 23 July 2001).]

I got about 30miles/gallon on highway driving it home when I bought it. City I probably get 14-15 since I redline every chance I get...

The EPA ratings on my 2000's sticker: 17 city, 24 highway.

I've been averaging just under 17mpg since I bought mine...and most of my miles do come from my commute to and from work (daily driver).

But I'm always surprised to see how many miles some of you are getting. My best tank came on an all-freeway drive between L.A. and San Diego...and I STILL got only 24mpg. In fact, when a tank consists largely of freeway driving, I'm averaging just above 20mpg.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

I'm always surprised to see how many miles some of you are getting. My best tank came on an all-freeway drive between L.A. and San Diego...and I STILL got only 24mpg. In fact, when a tank consists largely of freeway driving, I'm averaging just above 20mpg.

I should note a few things here that may (or may not) account for any differences. My '91 is virtually all stock using OEM Yokohama tires, and of course it's a coupe so it's slightly lighter. I've gotten 28 mpg on a long trip, where I fill the car up, drive 400 miles or more at a fairly constant 80 mph, and then pull over to fill up again. So there are NO other stops on that tankful, and it's pretty accurate. On a 100-mile trip, you (a) might not be filling up immediately before getting on the freeway and immediately upon exiting, and/or (b) the mileage might not be quite as accurate because you're only putting in 4 gallons instead of 14-16. Just a thought, just trying to help figure it all out.

My car is an all-stock T (with the OEM Bridgestones), the gas station is around the corner from the freeway (less than a block), I always fill up just before I leave on such trips (though not necessarily as soon as I get back), I fill until the pump automatically shuts off, and am almost always putting in around 15 gallons (I tend to fill up as soon as the light comes on). As far as I know, this is fairly common for the 2000 model NSXs...and that the earlier models definitely get better mileage.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 23 July 2001).]

For in town, Ive seen 14-16mpg.

For highway (between SF and LA) Ive seen between 27-29 depending on whether Im coming or going.

Originally posted by NSXdreamer:
Just curious on what kind of fuel mileage the NSX (any year) gets in normal every day driving.....I think the average is 17 city 24 highway....

I get 17 -18 city driving easy or hard. On highway I get 24 - 27 depending on aggression level. On track, I easily dip below 7.

Keep in mind that some of these differences may be attributable to aftermarket mods. A higher ratio R&P, in particular, may affect mileage adversely.

And what more appropriate time to say... YMMV.
wink.gif

around 26 mpg around town. When I bought the car, drove it home from Boston through Canada, averaged 85 mph, 28 mpg.

'98 stock Monte Carlo-T.

hey guys, I got a 94 that is giving me 24.5 mpg around town this summer. The winter gives me about 21-22. Unfortunatly, I have n ot been able to verify highway mileage yet.I"am driving on Toyo T1s, using Castrol oil[not synthetic].And yes, I do DRIVE the car. I'm really surprised to here these low mileage claims.

Back