• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT recall !!!!

That is right boys and girls. All the bugs and problems should've been sorted out by now but we have a very serious issue on our hands.
It seems that all the GT's that have been delivered and the ones still looking for an owner are being to IMMEDIATELY STOP driving the car.
Apparently the upper control arms could crack and cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
One of the big wigs at FMC is going to be personally calling all the current owners and giving them further instructions. From what I have heard, the good part won't be available till after the new year.
How do you like that. Nice 1/4 million $$ car you got sitting in the driveway that is unsafe to drive.
Good job Ford. That's Job#1 for ya. :rolleyes:

Unreal, goes to show you what happens when you buy american!! :smile:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Unreal, goes to show you what happens when you buy american!! :smile:

Could not have said it better my self. FORD.........found on road dead..................... :rolleyes:

I wonder whats it like owning a corvette? Driving very fast and listening to a radio that is shared with a cavalier. :smile: Maybe its me, and I know they must be very fast but I hate american cars and i hate especially hate the corvette!

NSX-RACER,

If that ford's not dead yet, it must be NEW! Imagine owning one out of warranty or bet yet trying to resell it :frown:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I wonder whats it like owning a corvette? Driving very fast and listening to a radio that is shared with a cavalier. :smile: Maybe its me, and I know they must be very fast but I hate american cars and i hate especially hate the corvette!

I have owned a Corvette and a Ford. Both had V8 and were boot to drive. Wide tires, powerful engine, sweet sound, very fast, good looking (imo) and easy to fix, menaing not very expensive. Both were perfect for burning tires and taking off form the light. I had that Ford my last year of HS and the Vette was my college mobile. Could not have been happier. One more thing, neither car cost 100K yet they both got a lot of attention. Then again maybe it was me not the car :smile:

I'd take a new Ford GT over a brand new NSX without thinking twice. Ford or not, that's one badazz car. So it had a problem, big deal, they're fixing it.

Not like the NSX didn't have a transmission snapring problem or anything. Nope, Japanese cars wouldn't ever have a design flaw... :rolleyes:

Deuce B said:
I'd take a new Ford GT over a brand new NSX without thinking twice. Ford or not, that's one badazz car. So it had a problem, big deal, they're fixing it.

Not like the NSX didn't have a transmission snapring problem or anything. Nope, Japanese cars wouldn't ever have a design flaw... :rolleyes:

I agree!

Or what about the problems Honda is having with Transmissions where they are locking up! From what I have heard they haven't even issued a recall or figured out what is wrong.

I wouldn't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

Yes, yes, heard them all FORD= Found on Road Dead, Fix or Repair Daily, buy you guys forgot the favorite one of Ford afficionados, First On Race Day, it's only fair to give them all their due. We all know of avoiding cars in their first year of production, get the bugs out. Ford's no different. Remember, the list on this car isn't 250G's its 150G's, its the public that's pushing up the price, just like the original NSX and even the Enzo, so I guess Ford's in good company!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

RPM217 said:
Yes, yes, heard them all FORD= Found on Road Dead, Fix or Repair Daily, buy you guys forgot the favorite one of Ford afficionados, First On Race Day...

How about Fvcked-up Overhauled Rebuilt Dodge :biggrin:

I am really surprised that given the raw performance nature of this car that Ford did not find this problem earlier in their testing. Seems like a pretty important thing given the fact that the GT is essentially a race car for the street. :(

I try and stay away from jumping on the 'hate American cars' bandwagon, since even imported cars have problems, so I will probably have to agree with those that have said 'at least they are fixing it'. The Ford GT seems like a pretty amazing car, it is just sad that it is being plagued with a problem like this.

DocL said:
How about Fvcked-up Overhauled Rebuilt Dodge :biggrin:

That is the phrase which comes to my mind when I think of Ford. I have owned many cars and quite a few fords. Every car manufacturer has problems, from Yugo to Mercedes no one builds a perfect car yet.

I have had two recalls on my S600 and it is priced almost identically to the Ford GT. No company is immune to problem, especially on a first year car. Mercedes did a great job of handling the recalls and caused me little inconvienence.

In my opinion it isn't whether or not I ever have a problem, it is how they handle the problem that matters most to me.

I use this philosophy in all aspects of my life from buying a watch to a meal, if something goes wrong as it always will at times how do they handle the situation.

Back