• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found NSX xrash pic

I ran across this pic on a website that exclusively features "wrecked exotics". Since in the background you can see a whole bunch of NSXs on the side of the road, thought it'd be a good thing to start looking here. So anyone got a clue to this one???
nsx_052002_02.jpg

Opps. Wasn't that one of the two "incidents" nobody was allowed to talk about on the forum after NSXPO'04? (i think from memory) If so, i can see why. Poor owner! :frown:

NeoNSX said:
Opps. Wasn't that one of the two "incidents" nobody was allowed to talk about on the forum after NSXPO'04? (i think from memory) If so, i can see why. Poor owner! :frown:

No it wasnt ....... dont ask me how I know.:cool:

That one goes way back - but we don't talk about it much :biggrin: or the trip to the salvage yard with the 2 country bumpkins that wanted to tow the car behind their antique wrecker. The owner did the right thing and left the wrecker/salvage yard ASAP (worried his car would be stripped within minutes of turning his back)..

And then there was the drive home :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great NSXPO 00

KooLaid said:
Then I guess....Sorry to hear about your car?????
twas'nt bails prob atall..it was ... 2 cars @ the track. :wink:
still hushhush.

First NSXPO in Denver.

Regards,

Danny

ZNSX17 said:
That one goes way back - but we don't talk about it much :biggrin: or the trip to the salvage yard with the 2 country bumpkins that wanted to tow the car behind their antique wrecker. The owner did the right thing and left the wrecker/salvage yard ASAP (worried his car would be stripped within minutes of turning his back)..

And then there was the drive home :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great NSXPO 00

Yes the car doesn't look "wrecked" at all...

What it looks like is soft shoulders... Everyone stopped for a great photo opportunity! and the last NSX gently rolled down the hill because of the soft shoulders! If all the other NSX's had have moved up just one more place it wouldn't have happened! :wink:

NeoNSX said:

Are you serious?
OK time for a rant.
God I hate this crap! It bad enough that governments lie to us and the press lies to us.
Why would we want to lie to ourselves? I came across the same thing at my local Porsche Club of America. Now I love the PCA and what they do but I was at a skills day one weekend and the guy who volunteered to write the article for the magazine ran his 911 turbo into a concrete barrier at about 20 mph. It made a pretty nice mess. So when the PCA magazine came out there was the article authored by the same guy who smashed his car up and he said how everyone had a great time and how there were lots of nice cars including an NSX but no mention of his wreck. So next PCA event I ask one of the organizers about this and they say “Oh we don’t like to print anything negative”
Give me a break! How are we supposed to make informed decisions if we edit the truth.
AHHHH!

Regards,

Patrick

The owner of that car is a really nice guy. He was very new to the vehicle. It was NSXPO 2000 in Atlanta. The car was not very well setup as far as tire configuration (at least not for the spirited mountain drive we were partaking of). The driver was following myself and several other NSXer's through a series of twisties. Driver lost control around a right hand turn about 50 feet back from the incident site. The car swerved off the road and hit a tree, saving him from plunging another 50 feet into a ravine. Both driver and car were okay. The car had minimal damage. The NSX's the driver was following were all very well prepared cars and had experienced (if that is what you want to call us) driver's behind the wheel. All of us know the NSX is forgiving to a point and then :eek:

Car was towed to PoDunk GA, population 4 (matching the number of teeth the tow driver had). After careful consideration, NSX driver and fellow FL member hurriedly vacated the premises and rejoined the remaining caravan. If memory serves me correctly the guys from Zymol and one of the bra companies (maybe Speed Lingerie) did a lot to help this guy piece the front end back together to make the drive home. Final story - everyone had fun, the vendors were helpful, fellow NSX owner's came to his rescue and the incident was soon forgotten....

Back