• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Free Meguiars Detailing Clinic date Aug 19 2006 confirmed

Nevermind, I just found out I have to work on the 19th:frown: Please remove my name from the list. Let me know if you all get some good tips!

reminder event is this weekend.. However I may be late showing up..

I'll be in Hawaii. Sorry to miss everyone.

Had a great experience at the Maguiar's shop today. Thanks to Fred for setting it up. The knowledge shared and the products used were great. There was some awesome improvements to a couple of cars that made us all shocked by the improvements. It was sad the NSX group only had 8 people of the 30+ that signed up show up, sorry but it makes us look like jerks :mad: , there was extra donuts and pizza, sorry you missed it :smile:

Another great class.. Shame only 8 people were there of which only 4 NSX. Small Class really benefitted the students on more attention to our questions however Mike would have liked a bigger class to pass on his arts.

There was some Major improvement to 2 Black NSX's finish.. One of the Black NSX finish got sooo dark.. it was shocking.

Great goodies bags once again.. I pick the Clay kit and Multi-piece wheel cleaner.. they work great. about a $30 value..

Last edited:
Are there any special prices for Prime members at the moment. I know the last time around it was effective even after the meet at Meguiars.

PM me the password if it is. I would appreciate it very much. Mercedes needs detailing after 1200 miles of Driving. Thanks.

:smile:

Stick-e-rice said:
Are there any special prices for Prime members at the moment. I know the last time around it was effective even after the meet at Meguiars.

PM me the password if it is. I would appreciate it very much. Mercedes needs detailing after 1200 miles of Driving. Thanks.

:smile:

The original detail place, the Meguiar's detail center where we had our group buy, closed down - it was purchased by BMW, who recently (a few months ago) moved it to their collision center location (Spectrum collision) right off of McLaren, in Irvine - there is no more Meguiar's detail center, which is why a lot of us lost track of the detail seminar information - it doesn't help that it was out of sight for so long on this forum, and only bumped right before the event.

I would imagine several people felt it was cancelled, due to the closing of the detail center, despite the fact that it was actually located at Meguiar's headquarters location.

scorp965 said:
The original detail place, the Meguiar's detail center where we had our group buy, closed down - it was purchased by BMW, who recently (a few months ago) moved it to their collision center location (Spectrum collision) right off of McLaren, in Irvine - there is no more Meguiar's detail center, which is why a lot of us lost track of the detail seminar information - it doesn't help that it was out of sight for so long on this forum, and only bumped right before the event.

I would imagine several people felt it was cancelled, due to the closing of the detail center, despite the fact that it was actually located at Meguiar's headquarters location.

Thanks Jon for the Info.

I think I can go ahead and do it myself. I was always considering purchasing some wax equipment to do it personally. Hutch will probably chip in to have his car waxed once in a while also.

Any ideas on what we should purchase. Please note, I've never done serious detailing besides applying some Zymol and wiping it off.

We will be waxing 1 Championship White RSX, 1 Pearl White Lexus IS, and 1 Obsidian Metallic Black Mercedes.

I don't mind the work. I am in need of a good work out. I put on some weight from all the good food in Thailand this trip after I left Monkhood.:tongue:

Stick-e-rice said:
Thanks Jon for the Info.

I think I can go ahead and do it myself. I was always considering purchasing some wax equipment to do it personally. Hutch will probably chip in to have his car waxed once in a while also.

Any ideas on what we should purchase. Please note, I've never done serious detailing besides applying some Zymol and wiping it off.

We will be waxing 1 Championship White RSX, 1 Pearl White Lexus IS, and 1 Obsidian Metallic Black Mercedes.

I don't mind the work. I am in need of a good work out. I put on some weight from all the good food in Thailand this trip after I left Monkhood.:tongue:

This is why I signed up for the detail clinic, I am in a similar position - unfortunatly it completley slipped my mind after I didn't hear anything for a few months, and I purchased tickets for Hot Import Nights on Saturday - it was only after I came home Saturday that I noticed this thread, and gave myself a mental 'kick'... I would say let's setup another one, but I would imagine the people at Meguiar's are pretty upset after an 8-car turnout - they are used to 40+ person classes.

Timing was bad for me, but I wanted to take the cars there everytime this event was present.

If there could be an event in a week, I would sign up right away. If you want to go over there Jon and purchase some stuff and work on your car, I would be up to doing the same in mine.

I'm sure maybe more will sign up?:confused:

We could put together a small meet, maybe, perhaps a date that more people can make it to.

I just PMed Luv2Detail for some pricing on what he charges. If it is within my budget then I would do it with him. Otherwise, I will do it myself.

Ton

If you're just looking for a straight detail I used the guy Ramon recommends, and he did a fantastic job, much better than the detail at the Meguiar's detail center - I forget what the price was, but it wasn't excessive, here is their contact info:

International Auto Detailing
27120 Cabot Rd
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
714-287-5803

They work out of the same center as Niguel Motors, and did my nsx when I first got it back to CA, after my cross country trip.

scorp965 said:
If you're just looking for a straight detail I used the guy Ramon recommends, and he did a fantastic job, much better than the detail at the Meguiar's detail center - I forget what the price was, but it wasn't excessive, here is their contact info:

International Auto Detailing
27120 Cabot Rd
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
714-287-5803

They work out of the same center as Niguel Motors, and did my nsx when I first got it back to CA, after my cross country trip.

His name is Arturo Rodriguez

fkong777 said:
Another great class.. Shame only 8 people were there of which only 4 NSX. Small Class really benefitted the students on more attention to our questions however Mike would have liked a bigger class to pass on his arts.

There was some Major improvement to 2 Black NSX's finish.. One of the Black NSX finish got sooo dark.. it was shocking.

Great goodies bags once again.. I pick the Clay kit and Multi-piece wheel cleaner.. they work great. about a $30 value..
My public apologies on this one guys. I signed up for this and honestly completely forgot about it. I didn't even see this thread until tonight. I attended one of these before and thought it was extremely helpful.

I'm sorry for being a jerk and letting this slip my mind.

Back