• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

From NSX into Gallardo: Impressions

Oil changes are about $350 at the dealer, but I'm switching everything over to Redline Oil in spring, which will cost about triple and yield 11-33 more HP.

i could never justify 350 bucks for an oil change - unless the car is so poorly designed that you have to do a lot of work to get to the filter.... otherwise they're just jipping you hardcore. why not do it yourself? it takes 15 minutes.

B0002WSDLO.01-A30DGJTMHYAU9C._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1092784921_.jpg

i could never justify 350 bucks for an oil change - unless the car is so poorly designed that you have to do a lot of work to get to the filter.... otherwise they're just jipping you hardcore. why not do it yourself? it takes 15 minutes.

What if you make 1000 dollars every 15 minutes?:wink: :biggrin:

Well after owning a 04 Gallardo and 91, 02 and currently an 05 NSX, I finally got my dream Gallardo, a 06 SE. Like the NSX, I now believe I have two long term keepers! I will never sell the NSX as historically it's been my best car ever! I can drive it anywhere, anytime, with or without a passenger and be totally confident and happy at the same time.
The SE is what the G should have always been. The limited production of 250 in 05 with only 70+ coming to the U.S. makes it more exclusive, but all the improvements are substantial!
George

I've heard great things about the SE. I've heard that even with the 8-piston's, the 04-05 is still underbraked. I'll have to get my 05 out on the track this year and find out for myself.

The NSX fits like a glove; absolutely perfect. The Lambo feels like you're strapped to something that could hurt you. I'm considering an 05 NSX for a daily car as well, but might get the AMV8 instead. Gotta love the market right now; so many great cars to choose from!!!

I used to do them in the Countach, but this one is so new, I want a dealer record of it's maintenance just in case something goes wrong. If the factory knows the car's been properly serviced and I blow the drivetrain (even after warranty), I've got a much better chance they'll replace it as a courtesy.

I agree with Nsxtasy and the others that still see the NSX for what it is...an awesome exotic machine that is RELIABLE and a DAILY DRIVER. I purchased my machine from Stevo...Lowdwn...and he lowered it, put a body kit on it and put an incrediable exhaust system on it! Heads turn when I drive it...even the poor 2006 Corvette owners who wonder why their car does not attract as much attention...the answer...a unique and rare car - that many would love to have...but cannot find...lol...I have seen 3 Lambos in Calgary...and all three were left on the side of the road...just like FIATS...or Fix It Again Tony's...lol...they are awesome looking cars...but reliability is king in my eyes.

I am out...God's speed

Dam

I agree with Nsxtasy and the others that still see the NSX for what it is...an awesome exotic machine that is RELIABLE and a DAILY DRIVER. even the poor 2006 Corvette owners who wonder why their car does not attract as much attention...the answer...a unique and rare car - that many would love to have...but cannot find...lol...I have seen 3 Lambos in Calgary...and all three were left on the side of the road...just like FIATS...or Fix It Again Tony's...lol...they are awesome looking cars...but reliability is king in my eyes.

Dam

I considered a Z06 but decided against as my exotic car buddies said, "Seeing a vette at every light you pull up to, you'll hate yourself." I agree: exclusivity is how you know you've done something special with your life. I love the vette's styling, but would only get one if they kept the volume to 2000 a year. And Drastically Improved the Interior!!!!!

But the G is reliable. We'll see if it turns out as good as the NSX was, but the Countach was MORE reliable than the NSX, believe it or not. It was in the shop less than my Toyota. I was just as surprised as anyone.

This is sick, but I've spent over $30,000 in the last 9 months on the G, modding and pretty-fying the car; more than I sold the NSX for. And I've got all sorts of mods planned for this year. Yes, you've got to be nuts to do this, but I'll say it again: Best Sex I Ever Had!

I considered a Z06 but decided against as my exotic car buddies said, "Seeing a vette at every light you pull up to, you'll hate yourself."

Say what? I can understand someone "wishing they had a more unique car", but "hate yourself"? Should I hate myself when Im driving my wife's kid hauler Sienna and I look around and see one to the left, right, ahead of and behind me? Should I wish that I bought the crappy van that no one else would? Would that make me "know that Ive done something special with my life"?

Say what? I can understand someone "wishing they had a more unique car", but "hate yourself"? Should I hate myself when Im driving my wife's kid hauler Sienna and I look around and see one to the left, right, ahead of and behind me? Would that make me "know that Ive done something special with my life"?

It's the same with my Tundra. It's nothing special; I see them everywhere. Special=Unique. Call it extreme or laughable, but I understood what they were saying.

Thinking in terms of proper contextual significance, we've all got daily beaters; but that's not where we place our automotive esteem.

Say what? I can understand someone "wishing they had a more unique car", but "hate yourself"? Should I hate myself when Im driving my wife's kid hauler Sienna and I look around and see one to the left, right, ahead of and behind me? Should I wish that I bought the crappy van that no one else would? Would that make me "know that Ive done something special with my life"?

No but you should kick yourself in the ass for getting the vinyl woody stickers on the sides with the plastic yellowing trim around it.

Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions love the gallardo. Only other car i really want to own!

Thoughts on modding the Gallardo?

I was going to post the same pics, luckily i scrolled down!:biggrin:

I considered a Z06 but decided against as my exotic car buddies said, "Seeing a vette at every light you pull up to, you'll hate yourself." I agree: exclusivity is how you know you've done something special with your life. I love the vette's styling, but would only get one if they kept the volume to 2000 a year. And Drastically Improved the Interior!!!!!

But the G is reliable. We'll see if it turns out as good as the NSX was, but the Countach was MORE reliable than the NSX, believe it or not. It was in the shop less than my Toyota. I was just as surprised as anyone.

This is sick, but I've spent over $30,000 in the last 9 months on the G, modding and pretty-fying the car; more than I sold the NSX for. And I've got all sorts of mods planned for this year. Yes, you've got to be nuts to do this, but I'll say it again: Best Sex I Ever Had!

Has it been reliable so far? Any maintenance issues? How many miles have you put on it so far?

I never payed much attention to Gallardos before but after reading this comparison and looking at the pics...I'm impressed.

What if you make 1000 dollars every 15 minutes?:wink: :biggrin:

then you should have a lift and something better to do with your time than post anything on any internet forum. :tongue:

and, besides, if i had a nice car like that (well, the nsx is nice too...) i'd like to spend some time underneath it (and i do) :cool:

I used to do them in the Countach, but this one is so new, I want a dealer record of it's maintenance just in case something goes wrong. If the factory knows the car's been properly serviced and I blow the drivetrain (even after warranty), I've got a much better chance they'll replace it as a courtesy.

very good point :redface:

Back