• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: 2000 Lexus GS400 Platinum Series - Gold/Beige Leather - 52k miles - NJ/NY

I am selling this car for my friend who left the country. He left the car in my care. Here are the details:

General Overview

- 2000 Lexus GS400
- Platinum Series
- All standard options plus:
Nakamichi Premium Audio System
Heated Seats
Tilt/Slide Moonroof
6 Disc CD Changer
Xenon HID Lights
- 52k miles
- Gold Exterior / Beige Leather Interior
- Price: $15,500 OBO
- Located in northern NJ (NYC suburbs)

Background

Current owner is a friend of mine who left the country. I believe he purchased the car in 2004 and drove it mainly that first year. The following year, he was in and out of the country for long periods of time. When he would return, he would have regular maintenance done (ie. oil changes). He has recently left the country permanently and left the car with me to sell. This is the reason for the low mileage. He purchased it with less than 30k miles from a leasing agent. He is the second owner.

Maintenance / Issues

I've had the opportunity to drive this car and I can give some feedback, although I am not mechanically-inclined. I recall that about a year ago, he wanted to change the brakes to some high-performance, aftermarket rotors & pads. They were changed about a year ago, but IMO, they are not good. They might brake or "bite" harder, but the noise and faster wear make them not worth it. If I were the buyer, I would change them out to factory parts.

- Regular oil changes with Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil
- Premium Unleaded fuel always
- Service records are not available, but can be obtained at the dealer

The trunk, rear bumper, front bumper, and possibly the rear quarter panels were refinished. From what my friend told me, the car was rear ended, pushing it into the car in front. The damage was relatively minor.

Valuation

KBB Private Party:
Excellent = $18,980
Good = $17,960
Fair = $16,585

Edmunds ("Clean" Condition)
Retail = $17,573
Private = $15,492
Trade = $13,628

NADA
Clean Trade-In = $17,000
Clean Retail = $19,875

Final Notes

I am not receiving commission on this, so I will work with you if you are seriously interested in this car. However, I can not give this car away as it would be unfair to my friend. My pricing was based on the three valuation guides listed above. No lowball offers, please. Price is negotiable. $15,500 obo.

More pictures will be added later.

Contact

Name: Brian Cho
Email: [email protected]

More pictures:

IMG_7784.JPG

IMG_7786.JPG

IMG_7787.JPG

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_7790.JPG

IMG_7794.JPG

IMG_7796.JPG