• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fukui: New NSX launched in '09, emphasis on light weight

Vancehu,

You a man of consistency. Your have consistently defend Honda on the NSX replacement since the debut of ASCC. Do you think Honda turd doesn't stink?

Bro that hurt because I defended the ASCC more than Vance LOL

Much better thing is to do that new "sportcar" 100% perfect at once vs. do just something and maybe fix some problems all the time... Like many other companys do when they release cars.
IMO.:smile: .

At ALMS, Acura execs confirmed there is a car already built and we won't be disapointed. V10 and most likely SH AWD (spelling?)

Of course they are going to say we will not be disappointed…..can you picture an Acura exec saying something like “yeah, it’s going to have a V10 and maybe AWD, but looks like a steaming pile of crap and we probably won’t sell many”.:eek:

I hope it does surprise us all and end up looking and performing better than we could imagine. :smile:

I have a friend who works for Honda and not to long ago I asked him if he knew anything about the “new NSX”. He said he does but can not talk about it at all. He went on to say that this is a real touchy subject at Honda right now and anyone who is even suspected of divulging information regarding the car will terminated immediately and legal actions will be taken from there.:eek:

According to the latest issue of Autoweek, Honda may enter the ALMS GT1 category and even a run at the 24 Hours of LeMans in 2010.

'"We want to race the new NSX in the future. It could be as soon as the car is introduced to market, whenever that might be, " said Robert Clarke, Honda Performance Development boss.'

Now that would infuse some life into Honda fans. But it's still too much blah blah blah and not enough action.

...but Hondas been pretty clear that the next car will not be mid engine.

Perry, I didn't know it was that clear. With the stretched S2000 spy shots, I thought there was still a good chance it could be mid-engine. Where did you see, or what are you consideing, a clear sign it will not be mid-engine?

Perry, I didn't know it was that clear. With the stretched S2000 spy shots, I thought there was still a good chance it could be mid-engine. Where did you see, or what are you consideing, a clear sign it will not be mid-engine?

heres the pic for reference, it does look like it could be mid-engined, and the front end could just be enlongated to throw us off and for aerodynamic purposes. A hint to Mid engined setup is the rear area that is covered up, it could be much like the current NSX setup.

nsx.ring.pro.500.jpg

Go to Acura.com they have a little something on the ASCC under future vehicles, makes me wonder if they are set on the front engine design. They also have a Sedan version, what looks to be a sedan vesion. I don't know

Go to Acura.com they have a little something on the ASCC under future vehicles, makes me wonder if they are set on the front engine design. They also have a Sedan version, what looks to be a sedan vesion. I don't know

The ASCC is also in the front of each model line brochure for 08 now.

The ASCC is also in the front of each model line brochure for 08 now.

Yeah but I don't think it will go anywhere... Many mags already reported that the ASCC has been scrapped due to (hehe - get this) a mediocre reception to it's looks! No crap!

The S2K stretched mule does look like a possible MR but keep in mind they are saying it's a AWD platform so maybe it had something to do with that.

I just hope they make it look good, no matter if its front, mid or rear engine... and don't call it an NSX.

heres the pic for reference, it does look like it could be mid-engined, and the front end could just be enlongated to throw us off and for aerodynamic purposes. A hint to Mid engined setup is the rear area that is covered up, it could be much like the current NSX setup.

nsx.ring.pro.500.jpg

It is unlikely to be rear mid engine; there are no air scoops for one thing; also, Honda would be foolish to have the Ferrari F430/460 as a target/competition. It would be far easier and likely more profitable to make a front mid engined GT 2+2. They can avoid direct competition against the upcoming LF-A by using the 2+2 configuration [although comparisons will be inevitable esp. if Honda stays with the V-10 powerplant]; they can avoid comparisons with the GT-R by virtue of the V-10 and can therefore focus on the Astons and the front engined Ferraris as competing vehicles.

The rear engined F430/460 has evolved to a level of perfection and admirations that Honda better not bet their dollar against. It was far easier to upstage the mid engined Ferrari, at least in performance, in the early ninetees than it would be now.

The rear engined F430/460 has evolved to a level of perfection and admirations that Honda better not bet their dollar against. It was far easier to upstage the mid engined Ferrari, at least in performance, in the early ninetees than it would be now.

Problem is that the 460 is going to be $450k... and ferrari will bring out a new Dino for the $250k price range (it will be a front engine car "entry level).

The way Honda beats Ferrari is to bring out a 460 fighter, for under $200k
Just give me 90% of the preformance of the 460 for 1/2 the price.

Vancehu,

You a man of consistency. Your have consistently defend Honda on the NSX replacement since the debut of ASCC. Do you think Honda turd doesn't stink?

Like Fat Baster said, every one like to smell their own brand. So does your shit stink?

Stop spinning. You did not answer the question of when did Fukui actually promised a release date for the NSX replacement?

All I remember is some thing like 3- 4 years, stated last year.

I'm not defending Honda or attacking any one who desires another Honda MR car. I would love to see a MR car from Honda that will make sense. Those who wanted HSC are flat out short side because the concept was already out dated as a prototype/concept car.

Any one felt that Honda has deceived them, or deprived them another Mid-Engine car is just utterly ridiculous. Most people want a Honda to produce a MR car that can fly with an F430/upcoming F460 but will never buy that car new; therefore, what is Honda's incentive for creating a car that they have already attempted. People didn’t even buy the NSX!!!

Heck, regardless what Honda is going to built, it will most likely fail in the market place, why not let them built some thing such as a FR supercar since they haven’t done it. Honda has not done it.

For some people, once a masterpiece is created, unless the creator can top them self in a grander scale, why bother attempt another opus at a same level?

Last edited:
It is unlikely to be rear mid engine; there are no air scoops for one thing; also, Honda would be foolish to have the Ferrari F430/460 as a target/competition.

Remember that during the creation of the NSX in the late 80's they used a Honda CRX as a test mule. The engine on the test mule was in the middle , and if I can remember correctly was hidden well without air vents. I am still hoping for a RWD mid engine...:redface:

The test mule again. I've kept my yapper shut through all this speculation because the answer is right there in front of us. Engine in front or back? Look again at the mule and you can see the answer.
Obviously, there's an engine in the front AND the back. 5 cylinders each. 10 total.:wink:

Going by Honda themselves. The ASCC was said to be the direction they were going in and that was clearly a FR design. People are just hoping for a mid engine ( you can put me partly in that group ) car. Since I've become a Honda fan it doesn't really matter. I would love for them to make the HSC ,but they won't so I'll buy something in the ASCC vein as I love my NSX and don't plan on getting rid of it. Same goes for my S2000. I just want Honda to bring the JDM Civic Type R here and make another supercar so I can have all four:biggrin:

The best thing is... forget all the rumors. Let's wait till a preproduction prototype hits the street before we talk any more of it. After all, there are how many threads about this mytho car?

I could of sworn I read somewhere that Acura was planning on having all of their cars equipped with the SH-AWD by 2010. Wouldn't they include that into the ASCC/NSX/whatever it will be? I wish I could remember where I read that at.

I could of sworn I read somewhere that Acura was planning on having all of their cars equipped with the SH-AWD by 2010. Wouldn't they include that into the ASCC/NSX/whatever it will be? I wish I could remember where I read that at.

I dont care what they sell at Acura, as long as they make the HSC and sell it as a Honda, ala Nissan GTR. :wink:

Problem is that the 460 is going to be $450k... and ferrari will bring out a new Dino for the $250k price range (it will be a front engine car "entry level).

The way Honda beats Ferrari is to bring out a 460 fighter, for under $200k
Just give me 90% of the preformance of the 460 for 1/2 the price.

Why would the F430 cost ~$200k and its successor be more than double? That makes zero sense.

I think Honda could make an MR that can beat F430's reliability. Of course, it might not match the performance of the F430 but if it's gonna cost $100K less and be as reliable and user-friendly as the NSX was, then it would be a steal!!!

Might not match the performance but it would be close and it's nothing that you can't take care of through the aftermarket.

Why would the F430 cost ~$200k and its successor be more than double? That makes zero sense.

Because if you watched Ferrari's lastest new Ferrari the 599 (front enginee car) it was selling way over MSRP $499 range, and Ferrari is getting tierd of leaving $100,000-$250,000k in the hands of the "car flippers"

Ferrari has a 2 year waiting list and just doesn't have enough cars to meet demand. 5,000 produced every year is just not keeping pace with the amount of guys in the world that say "money is no object"

430 and 430 spyders were $100,000 over MSRP

Ferrari sees that it can sell its cars at $450k to $550k range ( I know! I think its crazy! But dealers won't even take names on waiting list anymore)

New Dino is coming if you beleave all the reports of Ferrari setting up a thrid production line at the factory ( their going to build something there)

When I heard Dino was going to be entry level $250 I about fell off my chair!
I thought entry level meant $120k LOL

PS I don't follow exact numbers....but all my data is in the ballpark, if you want more...go check out Ferrarichat

Because if you watched Ferrari's lastest new Ferrari the 599 (front enginee car) it was selling way over MSRP $499 range, and Ferrari is getting tierd of leaving $100,000-$250,000k in the hands of the "car flippers"

Ferrari has a 2 year waiting list and just doesn't have enough cars to meet demand. 5,000 produced every year is just not keeping pace with the amount of guys in the world that say "money is no object"

430 and 430 spyders were $100,000 over MSRP

Ferrari sees that it can sell its cars at $450k to $550k range ( I know! I think its crazy! But dealers won't even take names on waiting list anymore)

New Dino is coming if you beleave all the reports of Ferrari setting up a thrid production line at the factory ( their going to build something there)

When I heard Dino was going to be entry level $250 I about fell off my chair!
I thought entry level meant $120k LOL

PS I don't follow exact numbers....but all my data is in the ballpark, if you want more...go check out Ferrarichat
I still highly doubt the price will go up by nearly that much. Yes, they have a long waiting list now and people paying MUCH more than MSRP. But when you say, "ok, here's a car that's a little bit better than last year's, oh and it costs twice as much... but don't worry, here's a far inferior car we'll sell you for the same," I don't see people lining up anymore. Ferrari just won't do that. I could see prices going up substantially, but not THAT much.

Ferrari WANTS excess demand, that's why they have expressed time and again the desire to produce fewer cars than they can sell. If they blast the price into the stratosphere out of nowhere, and consequently there are still a decent amount of buyers but no waiting list, that's not what Ferrari wants at all. It tarnishes their image. People are paying that much to get their cars today rather than in 2 years - not everyone waiting in line is willing to pay half a million for a 599, only the people who are rich and impatient enough to bypass the line.

I went over to Ferrarichat.com and this is what some of those guys are talking about

Quote "The price increase will help Ferrari and the Ferrari dealers in several ways.

- Selling slightly fewer cars in the U.S. gives them some allocation for their expanding Russian, Asian, and Middle Eastern markets without increasing worldwide production.

- The higher prices will reduce the size of the population of people who can afford it so maybe the waiting lists will go from 4 to 5 years in length back down to 2 years.

- The higher prices for the F430 coupe and spiders leaves more room underneath for a new "lower priced" Dino type of model.

- The current inventory of used 360 coupes and spiders sitting in every Ferrari dealers showrooms will be easier to sell at the retail dealer price level.

- It helps to position the future replacement for the F430 to be a $350k+ car. This is kind of like the jump in pricing from the 575M to the 599.

- The bump in cash flow will help the Ferrari team fund their F1 comeback against McLaren!"

Back