• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fukui: New NSX launched in '09, emphasis on light weight

To sell fewer cars in the US - US is THE biggest Ferrari market place. First off, the waiting list is not 5 years. The dealership is marking those cars higher than MSRP by as much as extra 50%. At that price point, consumer is the only looser in this practice. The new regular model Ferraris has no historical values, therefore, no collectable value. The practice only benefits the dealers. I also wonder how people can justify spending extra 100 grand on entry level Ferrari.

Higher price to reduce new buyers is not the smartest move. Ferrari most likely is capable of additional production. They want the market share, but not willing to match the demand. In pure economic/market share sense, they are cutting off the people who support their product. DOH!!! If you look at the history, evey Gallardo sold is Ferreri's lost.

High entry-level price of the F430 so Ferrari can make room for the upcoming "Dino." Unfortunately, they already have entry-level Ferrari models. They are called Maserati. Why create another brand to divert the market? What Ferrari should do is create a new factory for Maserati and produce more F brand cars to meet the demand.

Used Ferraris such as 360 sits in the show room is due to the fact that too many people join the Ferrari party and realized that it is not a dream car as they thought it was. Or jump the wagon for the new F430. In essence, that is Ferrari’s own doing. People are ditching the old for new. If the 360 is as wonderful as people make it out to be, the dealership will have no problem moving them. Check out autotraders.com, you do see enough of them out there.

Ferrari F1 and road car production are separate entities. The money made from car sales does very little reflection on their F1 program. Sponsorship is where the majority of F1 program is financed.

The new market such as China and Russia is a key indication why they should produce more cars. You cannot have an increase in world wide population and wealth and refuse to increase in production too meet the demand at the same time. It is the worse type of business practice. The increase does not have to be high, but steady. Every one can use some extra money reserve in case of raining day. After all, Ferrari is backed by Fiat - A publicly traded company with one bottom line: Profit.

Last edited:
Ferrari also looks at the historicly weak American Dollar, at a all time low.

When you only have a handfull of cars to sell and your biggest market's currency drops like a stone....you need to shift some production to other markets... and raise prices

Like Fat Baster said, every one like to smell their own brand. So does your shit stink?

Stop spinning. You did not answer the question of when did Fukui actually promised a release date for the NSX replacement?

All I remember is some thing like 3- 4 years, stated last year.

I'm not defending Honda or attacking any one who desires another Honda MR car. I would love to see a MR car from Honda that will make sense. Those who wanted HSC are flat out short side because the concept was already out dated as a prototype/concept car.

Any one felt that Honda has deceived them, or deprived them another Mid-Engine car is just utterly ridiculous. Most people want a Honda to produce a MR car that can fly with an F430/upcoming F460 but will never buy that car new; therefore, what is Honda's incentive for creating a car that they have already attempted. People didn’t even buy the NSX!!!

Heck, regardless what Honda is going to built, it will most likely fail in the market place, why not let them built some thing such as a FR supercar since they haven’t done it. Honda has not done it.

For some people, once a masterpiece is created, unless the creator can top them self in a grander scale, why bother attempt another opus at a same level?

Well, you've answered my original question. :smile:

Last edited:
i don't know of any ferrari dealerships selling new ferraris above msrp.

Then you don't know much about the market. Things may change if the economy comes a bit unhinged, but it is very, very common practice for dealers to charge a LOT more than MSRP. You can read about people's experiences and how much is a LOT more at F chat.

It's illegal to sell a car for more than MSRP in Canada. You can buy a used Ferrari with less than 2000 km on it for the low price of 500k.

I found the new Acura magazine in the mail yesterday. it was delivered to someone else but they moved so I stole it out of the return mail pile. Acura never sent me an issue.
It has a good article on the ACCS and I think that car might be cool with light weight 400 hp and superior to Audi all wheel drive. Plus it has cool glass.

Perhaps we are too attached to the NSX.

The new car will be front mid-engined just like the 612 Ferrari. With a trans-axel in front and back you can sit the engine practically under the front dash.

Visited my Acura Dealership today. The guy in the Parts Department said the owner received the following update on the NSX.

V-10, Front engine.

Two versions.

$140,000.00 and $170,000.00 list.

The $170K is fully loaded.

He didn't know specifics on what the high end featured above the other.

Visited my Acura Dealership today. The guy in the Parts Department said the owner received the following update on the NSX.

V-10, Front engine.

Two versions.

$140,000.00 and $170,000.00 list.

The $170K is fully loaded.

He didn't know specifics on what the high end featured above the other.

Ask him if he can find out what really happened on 9/11, about the bermuda triangle, and who shot JFK? :rolleyes:

Some thing I read a little while back from a Japanese magazine. Make sense from what they wrote.

Honda is launching Acura in Japan in 2009/10, and the NSX replacement will be one of the new model to be launch with the dealership network.

Some thing I read a little while back from a Japanese magazine. Make sense from what they wrote.

Honda is launching Acura in Japan in 2009/10, and the NSX replacement will be one of the new model to be launch with the dealership network.

Thats seems logical and that is what I had tried to say. With the release of Honda's supercar in the new japanese market, it should be a hit. As well, the new Legend will probably be released there under the Acura name-plate.

Mr. Fukui is lying: Whatever car that comes with a front-engine, 2+2 and 4x4 is NOT an NSX-successor IMO, regardless what what price, what performance or most likely marketing-position it will be. The NSX was literally a 'new sportcar experimental', stress on EXPERIMENT. They got experienced with a car that sold below their expectations and they lost quite a lot of money with it. So it's reasonable to not do the same experiment (error) again.
Maserati or AstonMartin-killer is ok but these are very high brands in Europe. If a Europe guy has the money and therefore the choice between the three, the Honda will be 3rd out. It's different in the US I know. If I had the money for an AstonMartin I wouldn't hesitate a single moment.

i don't know of any ferrari dealerships selling new ferraris above msrp.

I had an offer of a Maserati test drive at the local Houston Ferrari/Maserati Dealer and while I was there asked about their pricing on the F430.
With a straight face:rolleyes: , the salesman said they were pricing the coupe at 40k over MSRP and the spyder at 75k over MSRP.
Or as he called it, market pricing.

Go on Fchat and you will see most guys are paying way above MSRP.
Carl has it about right with the pricing of the cars. I met one owner of a silver 2006 F430 and he paid 30 or 40k over sticker. He told me that the list was shuffled around a few times and he got the "Here is what we got....take it or leave it because we have other people waiting in line". :cool:

Some dealerships are like that.....Wynn hotel was one of them who was how would you say? Stuck Up?......I was treated very nice at other dealerships though( Ferrari of Calabasas and European Auto Touch)......just depends on where you go......some places just don't know how to treat potential customers or future customers. It is the dealerships fault for letting their salesmen act the way they do.

I saw this beast driving on Van Ness Ave this afternoon. Couple hours later, i saw it coming out of Honda R&D's driveway.

In person, that may resemble an S2000, but the body is a lot bigger.

heres the pic for reference, it does look like it could be mid-engined, and the front end could just be enlongated to throw us off and for aerodynamic purposes. A hint to Mid engined setup is the rear area that is covered up, it could be much like the current NSX setup.

nsx.ring.pro.500.jpg

I saw this beast driving on Van Ness Ave this afternoon. Couple hours later, i saw it coming out of Honda R&D's driveway.

In person, that may resemble an S2000, but the body is a lot bigger.
You saw it driving on the street? Wow, I wonder how close they are to making it production-ready (could still be over a year off, but that's encouraging I suppose).

Did it sound like the engine noise was coming from the back or the front? :tongue:

Back